A brief Will of the Emperor combo dodge "guide" i made for my guild

the video is mainly meant as an alternative way to dodge the combo mechanic, the fight includes flashing blue lines to warn the player of the effected area

in the video i use a simple layout to show what animation will be which combo strike and what to expect from it

people seem to fumble with this mechanic in LFR, so i assumed any extra help couldn't hurt.

i want to greatly stress that the size of of the effected areas is not precise, it is only to give a rough idea of where you should go

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds great but where's the video?

i have too many alts

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best tip I can give is go into LFR zoom your camera as far out as you can (looking down at an angel) and look for the blue swipes in the air around the boss. Those dictate the danger zone typically.

Lastly if raises his foot run away, but not too far.

Stay as close as possible to the boss at all times. Running out of the 360 degrees stomp is obvious, and running through him for the frontal 180 is easy if you stay close. For the rest, I watch his legs. The leg he pulls back is the safe side. I believe he also holds his weapon to the safe side with his back leg. Those blue slash animations really didn't help me.

The only moderately difficult combo is when they do the forward attack right after a stomp, since you likely are further away from the boss making running through them harder. Honestly though, just watch the blue swipe lines.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2012-10-29 at 07:31 PM.

Watch the animation or feet? Wut? Look for the blue slash graphic, that's it.

Generally, I am running to the center of his model after each slash, and if there's dust... turn around immediately. Rinse and repeat!

If you're looking for animations, or trying to do this anyway besides camera top down, you're doing it wrong :P

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm normally tanking, and I've found it much easier to tell where the slashes are when I'm in front of the boss. I DPSed once in LFR and animations looked so different from the other perspective that I kept getting hit.

I posted my flawless dance in the druid forums on The Inconspicuous Bear but I thought it appropriate to share here too.

Flawless Bear Dance! I notice a brief hesitation a lot going from close to front arcs.

Edit: This was the second time he didn't bug for me, there is another Flawless Dance on my YouTube

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    The only moderately difficult combo is when they do the forward attack right after a stomp, since you likely are further away from the boss making running through them harder. Honestly though, just watch the blue swipe lines.
    use his grip in to avoid that

you don't truly dance unless you one tank it and can dodge both at the same time :P

Deleted
    Both pretty nice videos, one in raid is probs the best purely as it's as the raider will see it

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    The one I find awkward is where he goes front -> the side you weren't standing on anyway. Definitely psyched me out with that one a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Watch the animation or feet? Wut? Look for the blue slash graphic, that's it.

Generally, I am running to the center of his model after each slash, and if there's dust... turn around immediately. Rinse and repeat!

If you're looking for animations, or trying to do this anyway besides camera top down, you're doing it wrong :P
    That the animations are so unreadable is a design encounter failboat that I have no Idea how they didn't manage to get called out on.

How the fuck is the Melee supposed to anticipate or react to an action that has no correlation to the wind-up?

A lot of people have been complaining that the animation shows up in the wrong spot(way above the head) and they can't even see the blue lines unless they use a macro to extend zoom beyond what you can zoom using the standard interface. Mine doesn't but I came across a lot of posts in the official forums about that bug. If my camera angle isn't exactly right I find myself sometimes thinking I'm in the clear and I get hit on the right/left edge of the cone. Definitely could be improved, but I probably also just need more practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    That the animations are so unreadable is a design encounter failboat that I have no Idea how they didn't manage to get called out on.

How the fuck is the Melee supposed to anticipate or react to an action that has no correlation to the wind-up?
    What ? It's ridiculously easy especially if you have 10%+ movementspeed from your class abilities.