boomkin/mage which is needed more for raiding guilds?
looking to level another character to 90 and possibly raid on, which would you say is more needed by guilds a mage or boomkin?
probably boomkins then you can also resto heal(you will end up resto healing).
depends on the guild roster.
if you have an abundance of mages and no boomkins, then you need a boomkin.
if you have many Boomkins, but no mages, guess what ? you need a mage.
no rly? ... thats kinda obvious. but what im saying is there a high need for mage or boomkins right now
Originally Posted by
I actually prefer Mages, we can teleport, make food and, most importantly, clone ourselves! Moonkins, in my opinion, are quite shallow and dry.
Well, ya rly.
Originally Posted by
It depends on your server, raidsize, normal/hc etc.etc.etc.
Mages has less utility but higher single-target damage. Druids got tranq, symbiosis, strong off-healing and dual spec.
Assuming the raid has bloodlust I'd go with a druid. An extra bonus is not a lot of competition for gear.
Last edited by Sigmundo; 2012-10-29 at
Herald of the Titans
* Spell Haste Buff (doesn't stack with: Elemental Shaman, Shadow Priest)
* Stat Multiplier Buff (doesn't stack with: Druid, Paladin, Monk)
* Armor Reduction Debuff (doesn't stack with: Warrior, Rogue, some Hunter pets)
Balance Druids also bring additional utility in the form of Symbiosis and off-healing
* Raid Haste Cooldown (doesn't stack with: Mage, Shaman, Hunter Corehound pet)
* Critical Strike Chance Buff (doesn't stack with: Feral / Guardian Druid, Windwalker Monk, some Hunter pets)
* Spellpower Buff (doesn't stack with: Warlock, Shaman, Hunter Water Strider pet)
* Casting Speed Slow Debuff [Arcane-only] (doesn't stack with: Death Knight, Rogue, some Hunter pets)
Mages can also drop refreshment tables to enable the raid to recover more quickly from wipes.
I'd suggest looking at your current raid composition and seeing which of these will benefit your group more.
Boomkins are awesome right now because Mogu'shan Vaults favors dot classes. Some fights are just infinitely easier with a boomkin or a warlock. Mages are great for burst (see fire) and can also pump out sensational numbers, but multi-dotting is a hot commodity.
Mage, because of free food.