Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

So alliance win the war?

When Garrosh gets dethroned does this mean the alliance wins?

How is this fair? Horde are always losing wars.

Edit: I said win the war. Not the battle. Theramore was a battle. Last time I checked alliance didn't surrender and the war was over. Orcs lost the war in warcraft 2 and got put in camps and seems like its happening again.
    Last edited by steveyboy; 2012-10-27 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    No, it just means the Horde gets a new Warchief. Or maybe an old one (Thrall) again, we don't know.

And can´t really call him part of the horde at the end since he only seem to trust other orcs and only use the other races as cannon fodder

The horde don't like him, dethroning him is a victory!

I'm okay to let alliance win as long as they stop whining about faction imbalance.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post

Poor Horde, they never stop loosing to the Alliance! I mean destroying Theramore and Southshore, sacking Gilneas and generally pushing the Alliance back in every since front completely doesn't count. Poor Horde.

Seriously, no. The only thing the Alliance will get is Status Quo. Considering the asspounding we've been getting from the lore writers recently, we'll be glad just to get the boot in ourselves just this once.

Seeing as the Horde also help dethrone him... no.

10+ Year Old Account
    no the war basicly... stops at the begin of the siege you can rather say. as it will be ( i think ) The hellscream horde VS the rebel horde/new horde ( basicly both are the same) & the alliance.

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    As a horde player:
    Wat?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

15+ Year Old Account

What what whaat??

10+ Year Old Account
    You might think because Garrosh is the current warchief that means he represents the horde. But if you follow the lore now in detail, you would find all other factions associated with the horde and there racial leader either hate, dislike or distrust Garrosh.

And in the 5.1 quest where Thrall comes to the echo isles, kills many of Garrosh's kor'kron, he makes the clear message, horde is meant to be family, they are meant to stand together.

Garrosh does not stand with the horde as one, so he will not represent it in the end. All the other races will band together against him, and the orcs who do not side with him.

So thus in the end, the alliance gets to think they scored a victory against the horde, when in reality, they are doing the horde a huge favor.

Now, chew on that for a while.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-10-27 at 01:45 PM.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    in some fashion yes the alliance wins the war. but its not a total victory since the "rebel" horde fights agianst the horde also too get rid of garrosh.
    so while the alliance win the war agianst garrosh, the wont truely defeat the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    I'm okay to let alliance win as long as they stop whining about faction imbalance.

True Words right there. I myself play allaince, and i do find it annoying how people seem to QQ about how Horde get everything, there was another Post were someone said

"So the Horde faction in patch 5.1 is called (cant rememeber what it was)
    And the allaince is called Shieldwall? So that shows the horde is more into Doing things, and Allaince are the Coward?"

but then again yourll always have people saying

"Blizzard Favours the allaince, im gonna quite playing!"
    "Blizzard favours the horde, im gonna quite playing!"

I mean from what i see alot of allaince plays Complain about Cata jsut because Thrall was the "Jesus" of the expansion

Deleted
    For once, I agree with you Trassk ^^, indeed, it wont mean they win a war, how would it?
    For all we know Garrosh will survive and be exiled, demoted, imprisoned, executed after the fight, we do not know.
    What we do know, is that the war has to be put on hold or has to come to an end, either in peace, or in violence.

Updated my original post for some clarity.

I would say overall the Alliance is going to be better off after the end of MoP's storyline then they were at the beginning but neither side can be said to have truly defeated the other.

*Patch 5.1 Spoilers Ahead*

Garrosh is not being dethroned by the Alliance alone, but also by a rebellion from within the ranks of the Horde. Vol'jin has already abandoned any pretense of following Garrosh as of 5.1 (he fakes his death by tricking Garrosh into thinking a failed assassination attempt was successful, and will return to start the rebellion when the time is right), and other leaders are likely to follow suit in time.

By the time the Siege of Orgrimmar rolls around, the forces Garrosh actually commands may bare only a vague resemblance to what the Horde traditionally looks like, since all the other Horde leaders will be among the ranks of the rebellion. If my theories are correct, instead of regular Horde troops we'll be fighting Blackrock Orcs, various beasts, maybe some Mogu, Ogres, etc. when we lay siege to Orgrimmar.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the Alliance wins this one.Hordies: lets let um think they won this one so I don't hear complaining from them...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated my original post for some clarity.
    that update is even worse XD and no the alliance can't win the war from garrosh. They need the help of the Orginal new horde.

No Tusk Club.

Deleted
    until one side capitulates, or forces are badly decimated that they cannot fight, then there will be a war on some level.
    the changing of a leader does not stop the war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    until one side capitulates, or forces are badly decimated that they cannot fight, then there will be a war on some level.
    the changing of a leader does not stop the war.
    Indeed, all leaders or cities will have to be captured or w/e to win.