Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    I was under the impression that the war would get postponed indefinitely when everyone says "Wait this is stupid! Why are we doing? Greater enemies are closing in! @#%! Why weren't we paying attention to those instead?"

The Horde as it exists right now - Warchief Hellscream's Horde - is predetermined to lose the war. The Horde that will exist after the war is a rebel faction that does not exist now. That rebel faction will at no point have been at war with the Alliance. It is a third party. Out of the two current adversaries, one will cease to exist. In circumstances like this, the one left standing, under the vast majority of traditions of warfare, is generally considered to have "won."

So yes, the Alliance win the war. No guarantees as to what happens during the next war, though.

The Alliance wins the war, but that was already clear since the cata launch,the parallels between the second war were just too great. As always the Alliance takes one hell of a beating and turns the tide eventually, same old story ;P

Deleted
    Every time the Alliance wins a battle or a war, the Horde gets credit as 'heroes'.

=P

10+ Year Old Account
    For whatever end I can understand the Alliance forgiving the Horde to extent - as I still expect some sort of repayment in land being acknowledged somewhere.

But what can't be forgiven is Sylvanas' use of necromancy. I don't know how they're going to be able to brush that one under the rug. It's evil and wasn't something that Garrosh forced or ordered, in fact Garrosh ordered the opposite so he can't be the scape goat in this instance.

I think atm the Forsaken are my biggest concern after the war. They've gone too far.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-10-29 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    The Horde as it exists right now - Warchief Hellscream's Horde - is predetermined to lose the war. The Horde that will exist after the war is a rebel faction that does not exist now. That rebel faction will at no point have been at war with the Alliance. It is a third party. Out of the two current adversaries, one will cease to exist. In circumstances like this, the one left standing, under the vast majority of traditions of warfare, is generally considered to have "won."

So yes, the Alliance win the war. No guarantees as to what happens during the next war, though.
    Yep...

I don't think there will be a next full-blown Horde vs Alliance war though... rumors and hints and spoilers are pointing towards a united Horde-Alliance effort to combat the real big bads of the Legion...

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    For whatever end I can understand the Alliance forgiving the Horde to extent - as I still expect some sort of repayment in land being acknowledged somewhere.

But what can't be forgiven is Sylvanas' use of necromancy. I don't know how they're going to be able to brush that one under the rug. It's evil, and wasn't something that Garrosh forced or ordered, in fact Garrosh ordered the opposite so he can't be the scape goat in this instance.

I think atm the Forsaken are my biggest concern after the war. They've gone too far.
    You have a point there, I wonder how far the Alliance is willing to push in order to punish the forsaken, if the forsaken are supported by the other rebells it could mean war to no end. Just imagine what Forsaken or blood elves in particular might dish out if they become really desperate, not a pleasant thought.