Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Oh man, you folks ...

1) i said CHANGE OR NERF (seriously, did you all stop reading after nerf and <insert class here> ?!?!?!?)

2) what my grammar or my native language has to do with balance, idk

3) and how you people jump on the bandwagon of which class i play is disgustingly (for some idiots here, i dont play a warrior - i played a (s)(d)priest/warlock/(h)paladin/mage/rogue/(r)shamman

4) i could write a hole book about the imbalances of certain abilities, but it would crash the site and my fingers would bleed from writing

5) yeah, if you dont know whats OP, for example, howling blast then ...

a) its a range hit for an melee class
    b) its magic
    c) its AE
    d) it debuffs the whole team if in range
    e) can be spammed up to 6 times in a row
    f) has good dmg output
    g) it slows everything in range
    h) and you need to look at the bigger picture aswell, the abilities that the dk has aswell, aswell the classes that work well with dks and at the abilities of classes that are weak against dks

Dont get me wrong, only small things have to change with the ability. But the ability is in fact imbalanced with the current system of dmg/healing/kiting. If you dont see this, then tell me why.

regards

Edit: Stop trolling me
    Last edited by mmoca2cf51ea43; 2012-10-27 at 03:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agnaea View Post
    4) i could write a hole book about the imbalances of certain abilities, but it would crash the site and my fingers would bleed from writing
    I want a whole book then. You do not call a nerf/something is broken without saying what is wrong with it.

Like displacer beast is broken because pets still follow you even though you 'vanish'.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Monks as a whole......

What game are you playing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I want a whole book then. You do not call a nerf/something is broken without saying what is wrong with it.

Like displacer beast is broken because pets still follow you even though you 'vanish'.
    Only the CD is to short of Displacer beast.

The problem comes with other deff CDs. There just to many.

please stop, you're making my brain hurt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    Monks as a whole......

What game are you playing?
    Reading comprehension might solve some problems

Deleted
    Considering the amount of people misinterpreting your post, perhaps it is not the readers error.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only the CD is to short of Displacer beast.

The problem comes with other deff CDs. There just to many.
    Not really it is not like the rogue vanish. If you have a dot on the druid and he uses it, it would only cancel your target and you can just attack him again. If they up it too much no one would want to use it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    One more nerf to KFC, just like Cata start, although I must say that Bloodbath is a viable option.
    Last edited by mmoce2532cddcf; 2012-10-27 at 03:58 PM.

Deleted
    Considering the amount of people misinterpreting your post, perhaps it is not the readers error.

Someone could also argue that only 2% of the posters wants to talk about balance, the rest tries to troll me. If you disagree, look at the posts. In my experience, i start talking about something if i have at least a simple clue, unlike the posters here.

If i would start at the beginning of the imbalances of some abilities i would need the whole night to write down even less than the half of it. And with that i should start a discussion about balance ???

Maybe, just maybe, if you folks dont see some problems with the abilities, you MIGHT be wrong here. If i list an ability like "howling blast" or "shs for rogues" it should be clear what i mean. I mean, if you disagree, then tell me, it should be VERY obvious what i mean.

regards

Not really it is not like the rogue vanish. If you have a dot on the druid and he uses it, it would only cancel your target and you can just attack him again. If they up it too much no one would want to use it.

That doesnt matter, with competent partners, the druid will STAY out of position for a swap, incoming or ongoing and couple that with natures swiftness and/or full hots and that every 30s ???

You transform into a colossus for 24 sec, breaking all roots and snares and increasing your damage dealt by 20%.

Now lets nerf/change the rest of the broken stuff :

generation of shadoworbs

more to come ...
    Wow are you serious? If anything blizzard should introduce a way to regenerate orbs ooc so we don't have a billion year ramp up time for burst. You have no clue about this class or balance. Psyfiend was nerfed and it was a justified nerf. Off-heals have to be nerfed. Other than that shadowpriests are fine, warriors after the avatar nerf still have too many stuns, and too much surivability and STILL CAN STACK CDs for insane burst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Wow are you serious? If anything blizzard should introduce a way to regenerate orbs ooc so we don't have a billion year ramp up time for burst. You have no clue about this class or balance. Psyfiend was nerfed and it was a justified nerf. Off-heals have to be nerfed. Other than that shadowpriests are fine, warriors after the avatar nerf still have too many stuns, and too much surivability and STILL CAN STACK CDs for insane burst.
    I did talked about a nerf OR change. Wouldnt it be good to have a consistent way of gaining orbs ? Right now, as you mentioned, the ramp time is not only to high, but on the other hand, you can potentially only getting one orb, in the next situation you get 2 orbs. I think it would be better to have a way to gaining _always_ 1 orb in an manually way. Just like every other secondary resources, there all fucked up.

Edit: I mean, the secondary resources are so important Holy Power, SHadow Orbs, FoF procs (to some extent) but the generation is total lackluster. There comes a situation where you need, lets say, 2 HP, but you did get only 1 and in the next situation you stay at 5 HP. Dont tell me that this is balanced ....
    Last edited by mmoca2cf51ea43; 2012-10-27 at 04:17 PM.

I did talked about a nerf OR change. Wouldnt it be good to have a consistent way of gaining orbs ? Right now, as you mentioned, the ramp time is not only to high, but on the other hand, you can potentially only getting one orb, in the next situation you get 2 orbs. I think it would be better to have a way to gaining _always_ 1 orb in an manually way.
    I agree with you. Sorry for the quick rage!

This is painful to read - the OP said "Now lets nerf/change the rest of the broken stuff:". The list he made is a list of broken aspects of gameplay - not just things that need a nerf, but things that need buffing or reworking.

Perhaps this is where Blizzard are going wrong - they read on the forums that 'rogues are broken' and come to the conclusion that they need to nerf rogues further by reducing subtlety damage by 4%. Retards.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    Ehm.

If you just make a post and write "THIS STUFF NEED TO CHANGE" without explaining why or what, you shouldn't expect people to read into your mind and understand you.

Either be clear or don't say anything at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    This is painful to read - the OP said "Now lets nerf/change the rest of the broken stuff:". The list he made is a list of broken aspects of gameplay - not just things that need a nerf, but things that need buffing or reworking.

Perhaps this is where Blizzard are going wrong - they read on the forums that 'rogues are broken' and come to the conclusion that they need to nerf rogues further by reducing subtlety damage by 4%. Retards.
    Thank you!

Idk where they get there ideas of balance. Its basically a HUGE /facepalm everytime i read about class balance/changes. Also, i cant go in detail about certaint aspects, it would break the cage.

I think this game needs new ramifications to all abilities dmg/healing/cc/cds and the RNG has to seriously go down. As mentioned, the dmg output of the most classes is soooo little dependent of the actuall gameplay. DOnt get me wrong, the better player will win more consistently, but the tip of our control/dmg is dependent on the situation, not the actuall play AND thats really frustrating!

The ramifications i did talk about could be like this :

You need, for example deep freeze, 10 stacks to use it. These stacks could you manually generate through ability "X" in an linear way and the other team could see the stacks. Whats happened next, that the enemy team can foresee what happens, if there carefull enough or generate their stacks for their deff CD to counter your DF. These numbers are ofc only examples, but i hope you get the idea.

regards

Ehm.

If you just make a post and write "THIS STUFF NEED TO CHANGE" without explaining why or what, you shouldn't expect people to read into your mind and understand you.
    You mean you need to be spoon-fed explanations of why blatantly broken game mechanics are broken? Perhaps the OP is guilty of expecting too much common sense from his readers.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    Ehm.

Either be clear or don't say anything at all.
    Well, its funny, if you arent clear enough, people will fill it with their ideas, IM A SAD PANDA

THIS IS AN ANGRY ANGRY TRIBE

At this point, and pretty much from the get go, this has been a discussion about "x ability beats me, so x class is OP." What the general populace doesn't seem to recognize is that there is a lot of factors:

1. BG pvp is a very different game from duels or arenas. 2v2s are even very different from 5v5s. Large scale pvp is very random. There is a good chance you're getting ganged and/or trolled by more than one enemy, which is frustrating, and makes you feel underpowered.
    2. In BGs, it is very likely that you will come up against someone who has all their CDs and trink, and you have only some or none. Losing to CDs is neither unfair nor unexpected. That's what they are for.
    3. While there are a handful of abilities that are OP, someone beating you doesn't imply that they are OP or even better. It just means they won that exchange.
    4. Coming to the forums ravenously angry to call for nerfs isnt constructive. Try going to your class forums to read or discuss strategies. Also, websites like skill-capped.com can be a fantastic resource.

Those this is sort of a rhetorical statement, I think it is fair to remark that when you play pvp, the average player should expect to die. Not because they're underpowered, but because you just die in pvp sometimes.

With specific regards to warriors, I do think their burst was too high but I'm sad to see a fun utility get nerfed to compensate. I wish blizzard could come up with a way to nerf the burst while increasing some sustain and allowing warriors the use of their fun utility.

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 04:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    You mean you need to be spoon-fed explanations of why blatantly broken game mechanics are broken? Perhaps the OP is guilty of expecting too much common sense from his readers.
    Yes, people need to be able to articulate their problems clearly and accessibly. How do you expect to maintain a discussion if nobody understands what you're talking about. It's not "spoon feeding" to expect people to give a basic explanation of what the problem is beyond simply stating "x is broken, fix it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulderfox View Post
    At this point, and pretty much from the get go, this has been a discussion about "x ability beats me, so x class is OP." What the general populace doesn't seem to recognize is that there is a lot of factors:

1. BG pvp is a very different game from duels or arenas. 2v2s are even very different from 5v5s. Large scale pvp is very random. There is a good chance you're getting ganged and/or trolled by more than one enemy, which is frustrating, and makes you feel underpowered.
    2. In BGs, it is very likely that you will come up against someone who has all their CDs and trink, and you have only some or none. Losing to CDs is neither unfair nor unexpected. That's what they are for.
    3. While there are a handful of abilities that are OP, someone beating you doesn't imply that they are OP or even better. It just means they won that exchange.
    4. Coming to the forums ravenously angry to call for nerfs isnt constructive. Try going to your class forums to read or discuss strategies. Also, websites like skill-capped.com can be a fantastic resource.

Those this is sort of a rhetorical statement, I think it is fair to remark that when you play pvp, the average player should expect to die. Not because they're underpowered, but because you just die in pvp sometimes.

With specific regards to warriors, I do think their burst was too high but I'm sad to see a fun utility get nerfed to compensate. I wish blizzard could come up with a way to nerf the burst while increasing some sustain and allowing warriors the use of their fun utility.
    I NEVER even ONCE talked about OP abilities or Classes or Speccs, so its just the next one who abuses my ideas for their own selfishness.

IM A MIRROR MIRROR !!!

Edit: To be precisely, im only talking about 3v3 arena, potentially above 2200
    Last edited by mmoca2cf51ea43; 2012-10-27 at 04:49 PM.