1. #1

    EXP needed per level PRE-Wrath and PRE-3.3.5

    Title, I've searched all over google. What was the EXP needed per level wayy back in 2008? The original un-nerfed amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psynyx View Post
    Thanks for answering my question in a condescending prick way. Have a great day.

  2. #2
    Fluffy Kitten Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    13,359
    That is just.. one of the things I don't wish to remember at times *grins*
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Just because there isn't a cookie you like doesn't mean there is no cookies (Content discussion)
    Three expansions in dust; Cata: 1-2 hrs, MoP: 40-60 min, WoD: 60 min (own experience).

  3. #3
    Lol' I know your pain. I'm just super curious because I know my Hunter had to do 7 out of the 8 zones to ding 80, so I think it was around 2.5m per level, but my memory is just... Blank on that :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Psynyx View Post
    Thanks for answering my question in a condescending prick way. Have a great day.

  4. #4
    Pandaren Monk Amirila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Oceans
    Posts
    1,894
    I think it was 12,6 million 79-80 at least...
    ♫♫ When's it my turn?
    Wouldn't I love, love to explore
    that shore up above?
    Out of the sea
    Wish I could be
    Part of that world ♫♫

  5. #5
    Legendary! Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    6,600
    I remember, i finished all the quests in the high end wotlk zones and i still needed more then half of my level to get to 80, so i grinded it all day on mobs haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Title, I've searched all over google.
    Well, this is the first hit for vanilla xp rates: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Formulas:XP_To_Level

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I remember, i finished all the quests in the high end wotlk zones and i still needed more then half of my level to get to 80, so i grinded it all day on mobs haha
    And somehow I hit 80 in Dragonblight without mob grinding
    |My Youtube Channel (latest mythic HFC kill vid: Archimonde !) - My Twitch stream (with all attempts temporarily archived)|
    <Insurgency> is recruiting ! Visit our website or pm me here to learn more.

  8. #8
    Legendary! Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    6,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    And somehow I hit 80 in Dragonblight without mob grinding
    I always left the zone as fast as possible, i got bored fast of it. so at the end of the road, i finished alot of half arsed zone, and the end zone i fully completed, but because i skipped so many older quests, i didn't have enough to get to 80.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I remember, i finished all the quests in the high end wotlk zones and i still needed more then half of my level to get to 80, so i grinded it all day on mobs haha
    Genuinely not sure how you managed that, I got 80 doing most of Icecrown and no Storm Peaks haha

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    41,803
    I don't know the total but I know 79 - 80 was... I think, 12 million.

    Level 70 - 71 was 1.5m
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArlee

  11. #11
    Stood in the Fire Monoroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    435
    Far as I remember 70-80 during wrath was 1.5-1.8mil per lvl, 79-80 being 1.8mil.

    80-85 went from 1.5 to 12 mil. 84-85 being 12 mil or so.

    85-90 went from 12mil to 32mil for 89-90 if Im not mistaken.

    60-70 now thats a hard one to remember, 200/300k-800/900k

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Title, I've searched all over google. What was the EXP needed per level wayy back in 2008? The original un-nerfed amount.
    It wasn't bad considering how good the leveling experience in Wrath was. By the time you were done with the first zone you would be level 72ish, and then there were only 8 levels to go.

    One of my favorite quests was the druid environmentalist quests where they are angry with the hunters killing the animals. lol, I would purposely kill animals just to piss off the NPCs. Fun times.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't know the total but I know 79 - 80 was... I think, 12 million.

    Level 70 - 71 was 1.5m
    I was the third DK on my server to hit 80 I tried my hardest to be server first, but 2 dks pulled ahead of me during the level 78-80 leg. I wasn't in the beta either, so I had no idea where I was going or what the best route was to 80.
    MESSAGE TO BLIZZARD: TAKE MY MONEY!!
    We the people want LFR removed from the game. Lets do the RIGHT thing. Lets remove LFR from the game.
    #NoFlyWillBuy #KeepFlightOut #BlizzardTakeMyMoney #NoFlightPeriod #BuyingCollectorsLegion

  13. #13
    How did you google this when Wowwiki has tables of this data?

    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Experience_to_level
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2016-02-04 at 03:41 PM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    How did you google this when Wowwiki has tables of this data?

    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Experience_to_level
    Because those values are when 70-80 exp was already nerfed by about 50%. I want the EXACT exp needed per level pre 3.3.5, pre cata, pre Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psynyx View Post
    Thanks for answering my question in a condescending prick way. Have a great day.

  15. #15
    69 to 70 was like 750k, 70 to 71 doubled that (1.5m) and 79 to 80 was like between 1.7m and 1.8m as I remember.

  16. #16
    It was enough to make hitting the level cap feel like a satisfying accomplishment.

    Something I haven't experienced since.
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Cutting your subscription base in half in just 6 months. #justwarlordsthings

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    It was enough to make hitting the level cap feel like a satisfying accomplishment.

    Something I haven't experienced since.
    wasn't really any different then any other expansion, sure more broken quests, auto quest crutch but nothing really of accomplishment.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I always left the zone as fast as possible, i got bored fast of it. so at the end of the road, i finished alot of half arsed zone, and the end zone i fully completed, but because i skipped so many older quests, i didn't have enough to get to 80.
    I really don't know how it happened like that. No other character I leveled before any xp nerfs finished anywhere near that early.
    |My Youtube Channel (latest mythic HFC kill vid: Archimonde !) - My Twitch stream (with all attempts temporarily archived)|
    <Insurgency> is recruiting ! Visit our website or pm me here to learn more.

  19. #19
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Because those values are when 70-80 exp was already nerfed by about 50%. I want the EXACT exp needed per level pre 3.3.5, pre cata, pre Ulduar.
    But those numbers are on both provided tables "Experience to level pre-4.3[...] This also shows the difference (percent change) in current XP requirements as compared to before Cataclysm.". So to get the numbers you want you just have to multiply the -20% values with 1.25 to get the pre-nerf numbers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •