Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will There Ever Be a WoW Killer?

Hi Guys!

So the topic of this thread is "Will there ever be a wow killer?"

The reason i ask this is because as long as I can remember whenever another MMO that looks remotely like World of Warcraft
    is made, people start shouting "WoW Killer" to the heavens.

I have created this video with my opinions here:

http://youtu.be/KWEWVJ-b3mo

I want to hear what you guys think on this forum however.

So yeah, basically what do you guys think will be the downfall of Warcraft?
    Last edited by mmoc1e045c37fd; 2012-10-27 at 02:57 PM. Reason: forgot text

no, no game will ever be what kills wow because wow has to high of an attachment rate at this point most people wont leave even if a game eventually is better simply because of how long theyve been playing and their friends.

the entire mmo genre is on a decline the mmo bubble has popped i doubt any mmo will ever get anywhere close to the subscribers wow had not even a wow 2. unless some new mmo completely revamps the entire mmo genre which is near impossible at this point without it being an entirely different kind of game.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Yeah fair play man, I can understand that. I think that more recent MMOs are trying to move away from the "traditional formula". I think when people move away from WoW they want something different and allot of other MMOs are very similar to warcraft.

There are enough people that really love this game that it will be profitable until the day Blizzard decides they've had enough. The game doesn't need to have 10mil+ subs to be considered successful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    WoW is like the CS 1.6 of games, it'll always be around until its time to shut itself down
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    I think GC is the closest thing to a wowkiller right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think more and more small mmos will beat wow but not just one giant one.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The real ''WoW Killer'' is not another game at all, it are the people who work on it. Looking at Ghostcrawler, he should've stayed on sea

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    I think GC is the closest thing to a wowkiller right now.
    Yes, clearly the quality of the game is much worse off with him, but he's using his ghost crab powers to not be relocated.

He said it best;
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hi I'm Ghostcrawler, you might know me as the asshole who nerfed your class.
    And that's the only credit he gets :3
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Does there need to be one?

No, WoW will die out one day, nothing is gonna kill it.

As if Ghostcrawler alone had the power within Blizzard to ruin the game...

nothing will kill wow except for wow itself imo

When Titan comes out, it would, but my guess is that they're going to do the SOE approach and make a single $15 sub give access to both games. In which case, no, not even Titan will kill WoW.

why would someone try to kill wow and what company has said they are out to kill wow?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The real ''WoW Killer'' is not another game at all, it are the people who work on it. Looking at Ghostcrawler, he should've stayed on sea
    Haha. Although I will agree with you that the WoW Dev team has made some... "questionable" design decisions I think that MoP does have a lot of good features.

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    why would someone try to kill wow and what company has said they are out to kill wow?
    No one, i am saying that WoW players often say that a new MMO is trying to replace WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Don't make a fool out of yourself.

Deleted
    Actually think the most likely thing to happen will be that the genre of mmorpgs will die out as a whole. At one point people will go look for some other game because hotkey based mmo is no longer for them. Everything dies even if it's not killed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no, no game will ever be what kills wow because wow has to high of an attachment rate at this point most people wont leave even if a game eventually is better simply because of how long theyve been playing and their friends.

the entire mmo genre is on a decline the mmo bubble has popped i doubt any mmo will ever get anywhere close to the subscribers wow had not even a wow 2. unless some new mmo completely revamps the entire mmo genre which is near impossible at this point without it being an entirely different kind of game.
    attachment is why i play, no matter how shit the game is, unless they royally fuck up

Titan will revamp the entire mmo genre

Deleted
    I discuss in the video that I think the thing that will drive WoW players away from WoW is another blizzard MMO. So i will say I agree with you there.