Deleted

Coin roll system

I'm sorry as this probably is a very stupid question but i have just bought MoP and i don't understand what this Coin roll system is all about, frankly i don't have a clue. So i would be forever grateful if someone could explain to me or link me an explanation of how these coins work, like how you get the coins etc.

Thank you!

The coins are just a currency that you can spend to get a 2nd "roll" on a raid boss. The purpose is to get a chance at extra loot. You can earn 3 coins per week, capping at 10.

Basically it's an extra chance at loot. Say you down the first boss of Mogushan Vaults, and you get no loot, the game gives you an option to use an elder coin for an extra chance at a piece of loot suitable for your class/spec, you'll either get a piece of loot or some gold for your troubles.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Okay thanks i appreciate the answers, but how do you get these coins and this only for lfr i suppose? Again i really appreciate the help!

You get the Silver coins by doing dailies. You get the gold coinds by trading 90 of your silver coins for 3 gold coins at the panda capital.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

You get the coins by doing dailies. Each daily gives you 1-2 lesser coins. 90 of these form 3 big coins, which are used in raids for a chance at extra loot. You can only get 3 per week though, as it is a weekly quest to exchange 90 lesser coins for 3 big coins.

When in a raid, every time you down a boss you get a window pop up. This window has a button; click it and you'll perform the extra roll. Or you can pass, if you want to use your coin elsewhere.

If you use the coin, the game rolls to determine if you get an item of loot, or some gold. Either outcome is deposited into your bags automatically. This extra loot is something from the boss' loot table, suitable for your current spec. So you won't get healing plate when specced protection as a paladin, for example. The game will not check if you have the item already; you can win the same item multiple times.

You can only use 1 coin per boss kill. However, in LFR mode if you do it more than once you can use your coin on bosses you're normally not eligible to receive loot for. So if there was a specific item you REALLY wanted, you could keep running LFR and using your coin on Will on the Emperor every time he dies to try and get the hunter bow, for example.

Hope that helps. Any further questions?

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kladd View Post
    Okay thanks i appreciate the answers, but how do you get these coins and this only for lfr i suppose? Again i really appreciate the help!
    Works in normal/heroic too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    You get the coins by doing dailies. Each daily gives you 1-2 lesser coins. 90 of these form 3 big coins, which are used in raids for a chance at extra loot. You can only get 3 per week though, as it is a weekly quest to exchange 90 lesser coins for 3 big coins.

When in a raid, every time you down a boss you get a window pop up. This window has a button; click it and you'll perform the extra roll. Or you can pass, if you want to use your coin elsewhere.

If you use the coin, the game rolls to determine if you get an item of loot, or some gold. Either outcome is deposited into your bags automatically. This extra loot is something from the boss' loot table, suitable for your current spec. So you won't get healing plate when specced protection as a paladin, for example. The game will not check if you have the item already; you can win the same item multiple times.

You can only use 1 coin per boss kill. However, in LFR mode if you do it more than once you can use your coin on bosses you're normally not eligible to receive loot for. So if there was a specific item you REALLY wanted, you could keep running LFR and using your coin on Will on the Emperor every time he dies to try and get the hunter bow, for example.

Hope that helps. Any further questions?

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 02:56 PM ----------

Works in normal/heroic too.
    Just a quick correction, the extra roll form the Elder Coins is not spec specific, this has been proven in game already by alot of ppl, I myself got a DPS tier leg from Sha of Anger altough I was playing as a tank. I asked on the general Blizz forums if this is a bug or intended but never got an answer, the fact stands that these extra rolls arent spec specific, they just check your class. I find it pretty unfair with classes that have multiple specs but I think this is actualy intended.

Deleted
    Wow okay thank you i really appreciate it!

10+ Year Old Account
    As of right now, it is wise to keep 2 coins for rolls on Sha and Galleon, since they drop ilevel 496 PVE, and 483 ilevel PVP, which is the top ilevel currently in the game. The loot table includes set pieces. It's pretty much the equivalent from the Wintergrasp/Tol Barad bosses. Same principle. You can get PVE and PVP gear as well.

Whereas LFR would give you item level 476.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    As of right now, it is wise to keep 2 coins for rolls on Sha and Galleon
    Unless you're one of the millions of people that never get to kill Galleon. On my realm, for example, there's one group that camps his spawn and kill him everytime (only allowing 5-10 "fill-ins" each time) and if you're not on when it spawns, see the spam and be one of the first few people to whisper them, you don't get to kill him...ever. UGH. Sorry for irrelevant rant post, but it makes me rage! I killed him the first week after launch before they started doing this, but not again since.

OT: definitely save one for Sha though, as it can drop tier.

Quote Originally Posted by kladd View Post
    Lesser Charms of Good Fortune are earned from daily quests, as well as a few rare drops in the world and some other special locations. Don't worry too much about that, because they're few and far between. Dailies are by far the most efficient way to earn them.

When you get 90 Lesser Charms, you can turn them into an NPC in your factions city within Vale of Eternal Blossoms (only once per week) and receive 3 Elder Charms, which just sit in your currency tab.

When you kill a raid boss, either in LFR, a normal/heroic raid, or a world boss (Sha of Anger, Galleon), you will have an option pop up to roll for a second piece of loot. If you decide you want to use this roll, you can click the dice and you will recieve an item depending on what you roll. It will either be a box of gold (most likely) or a piece of loot from that boss relevant to your class. As a holy paladin, it is possible to get ret or prot gear from the bonus roll, but it will always be something at least one of the specs for your class can use. Also, its worth noting that the bonus roll does not care if you already have a given item, so choose the bosses for which you use your rolls carefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    Unless you're one of the millions of people that never get to kill Galleon. On my realm, for example, there's one group that camps his spawn and kill him everytime (only allowing 5-10 "fill-ins" each time) and if you're not on when it spawns, see the spam and be one of the first few people to whisper them, you don't get to kill him...ever. UGH. Sorry for irrelevant rant post, but it makes me rage! I killed him the first week after launch before they started doing this, but not again since.

OT: definitely save one for Sha though, as it can drop tier.
    As far as I know for Galleon the Tagging trick used on Sha works as well.
    A person with a tag ID drops from the raid, invites new ppl. into a new raid, all get the ID, means all get kill credit. Theoretically the entire realm can kill him.

I'm on a high pop realm too.. Killing Galleon isn't the issue. it's his damn long spawn timer, which ranges from anywhere of 12 hours to a whole week.