Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What class is most needed?

What class is most needed in raid teams generally? Anyone know?

15+ Year Old Account
    Um...the class they don't have on their raid team? What an incredibly silly question.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account
    The most needed ones?Shamans,Druids,Monks,Paladins, and priest. Why because they can heal and the healing role has the least amount of classes that can do it.

Now what is the most important our of all of them? I would have to say a druid because they are very flexible/adaptable.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I think any a druid + elemental shaman is a nice start for any 10man, buff wise

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Um...the class they don't have on their raid team? What an incredibly silly question.
    What I mean is, what class do all raid teams generally need

Ret paladins
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    This feels like a really (not so) subtle "Pick my next class" thread. Which is against the rules, I think.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Moonkins and ele shammies are almost always in demand, for many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The most needed ones?Shamans,Druids,Monks,Paladins, and priest. Why because they can heal and the healing role has the least amount of classes that can do it.
    Incorrect. Tanking has the same amount of classes that can do it (5). Druid, DK, Warrior, Paladin, Monk.

probably monks is the least represented but it doesnt rly mean that much as they are new

Everything is needed. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    What an incredibly pointless response.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosadvokit View Post
    Incorrect. Tanking has the same amount of classes that can do it (5). Druid, DK, Warrior, Paladin, Monk.
    And there is 5 healing classes, but you need more healers than tanks in a raid, so therefor healers are more needed.

Deleted
    Generally I'm seeing any healer/ranged being needed, which usually narrows down to shamans and druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock, to summon all the slackers...

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    What an incredibly pointless response.
    Pointless response to a pointless question.

10+ Year Old Account
    A shaman, mage, or bm hunter, they give bloodlust.
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

If you already have a Shaman, then matching them with a druid that spec that doesn't bring the same buffs as them is a good way to fill up that buff table. (ele and kitty, enh and boomkin, etc...) Your best bet

Honestly, though, if you're talking about 10 mans and what class should you try for raid survivability, DPS Shamans are wonderful for that right now as are Shadow Priests and any druid as they can all use Tranquility. If you mean "healing spec specific" then Monks are fantastic for raid-healing but kind of terrible at raid-tank healing. Shamans are great all around but are a bit gimped by the current low secondary stats across the board. (They need crit to recover mana) Holy Paladins can be quite OP at both depending on talent choice.

If being "useful" beyond just topping the meters is important to you, then the above is a pretty good start. Mages currently don't bring much of anything support-wise and neither do Warlocks. (except Lock Cookies, which are yay.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Mage/Shaman - for lust > Paladin - amazing utility > Lock - for summoning

Deleted
    Lots of guilds looking for warlocks