Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    get the rep on an alt, it will share exalted reps across alts to give the achievement, not sure if intended but it does work, just like holiday achievements and loremaster etc, it takes each completed section from all alts and applies across the board to meet total requirements
    100% wrong. No achievement tracks separate reps across accounts.

The only reason things like Loremaster work cross account is because they are all made up of separate achievements

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senedra View Post
    so glad i got this title before mop if this kinda stuff is sctrewing people over
    Same. I got it when DMF came to town the last time before 5.0.4 went live. I was afraid it would do a "check" of where your reps currently were, and forget where you were at, as I did some quests to get SWC rep and re-tanked the BSB rep. Fortunately, I already finished it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    100% wrong. No achievement tracks separate reps across accounts.

The only reason things like Loremaster work cross account is because they are all made up of separate achievements
    Yeah, the one this quoted is most definitely wrong.

Just like I got the Insane title on my hunter, but my Pally is my rep collector, and is at 61/70 reps towards the new Beloved title, and I don't have credit for Ravenholdt on my Pally, even though my Hunter has it. Simultaneously, my Hunter had to get exalted with all 4 SWC reps, even though my Pally had long since had them exalted, as well as DMF.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2012-10-28 at 03:38 AM.

Its easy to figure out what is shared.

You just look at the meta requirements...

Loremaster, Raid Metas, pretty much most metas - criteria is all achievements, obviously bnet level
    Insane and the PVP rep one - shows lines of text that are just a 'your rep level' check

Only achievement that seems to crap all over this system is the new Cooking achievements. I have 2 toons with half of the 600 cooking achievements each, yet you need to achieveme them all on the same toon to get credit for Master of the Ways

I got this title before they allowed it so that you could have Hated with one and Exalted with the other. And people complain now? What will all the rest of the nerfs they have these days on the title?

I'm glad I quit the game before this title became "the Mildly Difficult".
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I got this title before they allowed it so that you could have Hated with one and Exalted with the other. And people complain now? What will all the rest of the nerfs they have these days on the title?

I'm glad I quit the game before this title became "the Mildly Difficult".
    So you did all that insane grinding for the title and now you quit and don't even play anymore? That's no fun. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    So you did all that insane grinding for the title and now you quit and don't even play anymore? That's no fun. lol.
    Just because I did the Insane means I now have to make a lifelong commitment to the game? I enjoyed it for at least a year before quitting.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

pirates in tanaris are indeed the best and only way, i was max exalted with both pirates and goblins, before this was a requirement. it really doesnt take as long as youd think, just remember to drop your guild banner ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    pirates in tanaris are indeed the best and only way, i was max exalted with both pirates and goblins, before this was a requirement. it really doesnt take as long as youd think, just remember to drop your guild banner ^^
    You farmed that single NPC for months and months to get from revered to exalted? Back then, the rep would stop at Revered, and you'd have to kill a single NPC again and again for months to hit exalted. I don't know if it's that way now.

Jeez.

And I thought I only had Ravenholdt left. Screw this then, I'm so not farming Bloodsails again. It was okay back in the day, even fun, but there's not a chance I'm doing that again now. Especially if that means also farming the damn goblins back up. I might be a little bit nuts, but that Insane I'm not. Once over, count me in, twice... ehh.

You farmed that single NPC for months and months to get from revered to exalted?
    there was nothing to farm for months when i did it unfortunately, it took me a total of maybe 2 days of actual farming because i capped goblins first like a derp, never planning to actually go for insane. then capped pirates from full hated in booty bay... not fun at 85 i might add, then goblins again from full hated.

there was nothing to farm for months when i did it unfortunately, it took me a total of maybe 2 days of actual farming because i capped goblins first like a derp, never planning to actually go for insane. then capped pirates from full hated in booty bay... not fun at 85 i might add, then goblins again from full hated.
    I'm not sure how you did it then. Not saying you're lying because I can see your armory, but I remember explicitly the rep would stop at Revered if you farmed in Booty Bay. After that you'd have to farm this guy to get rep, which he stops giving at 20999 Revered and then you'd turn in your single quest to hit Exalted.

I guess they've changed it.

yeah, booty bay gets you rep till exalted now

there was a guy in arathi highlands with a short respawn that i farmed for a while for bloodsail rep as well, think he got me up to friendly? maybe it was honored, then the rest was booty bay farming
    Last edited by Sevarin; 2012-10-28 at 06:48 AM.

Deleted
    yeah, booty bay gets you rep till exalted now

there was a guy in arathi highlands with a short respawn that i farmed for a while for bloodsail rep as well, think he got me up to friendly? maybe it was honored, then the rest was booty bay farming
    That's the one I farmed since I did this before Mop but the guards were lvl 90

Deleted
    Might wanna type this in chat /run AddTrackedAchievement(2336) to see your progress.
    And for me the new check at 5.x didn't happen for sure, cause i was honored with bloodsail and all goblins at hated (got them at exalted somewhere in cata) and the goblins still showed as ticked off during MoP. I only had to finish DMF and thats what i did last time the faire was around and i got my title & feat of str.
    About the 11999/12.000 stuck, just go to that island in the barrens and kill some there to ding next rep stage, then go back to tanaris pirate cove. Also drop your guild banner + group up in a party of 5 people if you know more ppl farming it for the group rep bonus (might be wrong on this :P, but at least it also increases the respawn rate insanely)

Deleted
    I'm not sure how you did it then. Not saying you're lying because I can see your armory, but I remember explicitly the rep would stop at Revered if you farmed in Booty Bay. After that you'd have to farm this guy to get rep, which he stops giving at 20999 Revered and then you'd turn in your single quest to hit Exalted.

I remember it was allegedly changed during Cata so that booty bay bruisers would give reputation all the way until exalted at one point, but it was bugged on the patch release - I had the insane title but I was planning on "regrinding" it so I could have bloodsail at exalted too, but I killed a bruiser and got no rep from it and gave up on that plan, read up that it was bugged and the intended change to bruisers hadn't hit.

I'd presume it was later bugfixed at a later date so bruisers gave rep to exalted.

I wish I hadn't read that though, I've got far too much to do in MOP to go grinding pirates to exalted and then goblins back up. Woe to the compulsive reputation grinder.

Deleted
    all im going to say is its called Insane for a reason, its designed to drain your soul and make your hair fall out and lose all your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    Yep, at the start he gave 1rep/kill, later 5rep/kill.
    Took me 672hours to get from revered to exalted.

Its the insane, what do u expect?
    Except you never needed them to Exalted, not even when the achievement first came out. You just needed them at friendly or honored, one of those two.

A lot of people here need a WoW history lesson.

I remember doing that.....
    Killing Jazzrik oh so many times, then capping @ 20999/21000, turning in my two Bloodsail quests and then capping Shelley until I maxed exalted.
    Those were the days, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroi View Post
    I'm Honored with Bloodsail right now, if I farm Tanaris until I get exalted with all Steamwheedle factions except Gadgetzan which stops at 11999/12000, I go to STV farm there and get Hated with Bloodsail Buccaneers and exalted with Gadgetzan, but then what? cant do any hthing
    The only way to tank your Bloodsail rep is to actually do the rep turn ins right outside of each of the goblin cities or doing actual Steamwheedle quests. Killing non-bloodsail pirates will not affect your rep with them at all.

The main thing I did when I got this back in Wrath was grind Tanaris pirates and Barrens pirates (just south of Ratchet). Of all the grinds in this achievement farming pirates was the 2nd easiest part of it at the time (only Bloodsail was easier, and DMF was significantly harder since there was no DM isle, plus there was Shen'drelar).

Except you never needed them to Exalted, not even when the achievement first came out. You just needed them at friendly or honored, one of those two.

A lot of people here need a WoW history lesson.

aaw some high and mighty ex wow player that just can't leave the game he quit alone. How cute.