Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Insane in the Membrane now requires all factions at exalted at the same time.

I've had a ticket up with Blizzard for a month total, a couple of answers where they say this has been reported to the bug team, and another time they said "we're having trouble confirming your reputations"..

However, today seems like this is the final answer:
    "he Insane in the Membrane achievement currently appears to require you meet all of the requirements simultaneously, whereas this wasn't the case prior to the 5.0 patch."

I'm exalted with all except Steamwheedle Cartel - is there any way to get reputation with them without losing my Bloodsail reputation?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    kill lots and lots and lots of pirates in Tanaris. I believe the ones there aren't aligned with the Bloosdail

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    well there used to be a way, but it was not fun...
    basically what used to work (no idea if it still will) is
    doing the ogre costume quest in diremaul over and over and over

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    kill lots and lots and lots of pirates in Tanaris. I believe the ones there aren't aligned with the Bloosdail
    I'll have to try, but wow:
    36000 rep hated
    3000 rep unfriendy
    3000 rep neutral
    6000 rep friendly
    12000 rep honored
    21000 rep exalted

~3 rep per mob (2 or 3) = 27 000 pirates. fuck

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    But can it really be done, doesn't getting the Bloodsail lower others and the others lower bloodsail? I mean of the reps that you need for the achievement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freedrom View Post
    But can it really be done, doesn't getting the Bloodsail lower others and the others lower bloodsail? I mean of the reps that you need for the achievement.
    I just realised Gadgetzan rep is from Booty Bay, it's stuck at 1 from revered otherwise, so the bloodsail will drop indeed..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroi View Post
    ~3 rep per mob (2 or 3) = 27 000 pirates. fuck
    That's how the achievement was on launch, and how I and many others had to do it. Darkmoon has been trivialized, Shen'drala removed, guild perk rep boost etc, I'd hardly call killing pirates that much to ask for the achieve considering how much quicker the other parts have all been made.

Edit: Killing mobs that gives rep with one goblin faction gives a fraction of that to the other (3 is it?) goblin factions, the way I did it was killing the pirates south of ratchet.

As others have said, killing pirates in tanaris will raise your steamwheedle cartel rep without lowering your bloodsail rep.

To get your Gadgetzan rep up the rest of the way, go hunt the pirates south of ratchet in the Barrens. There's a little island there with pirates that give ratchet rep. Overall I found it to be a less efficient farming spot, but since they give ratchet rep you can get the rest of your gadgetzan rep that way.

Edit: Unless they changed the way it works in 5.0. I did all this in Cata and haven't played seriously since MoP launched (I tried it out, and am not fond of the way my paladin plays anymore.)

Deleted
    I did it, just remember to drop your guild battle standard while your killing, you'll be suprised how much extra rep it gives you over thousands of kills

Before killing yourself with the pirate grind, wait a bit. There are many reports on WoWhead of people sending in tickets and getting back "This Achieve cannot be completed due to a bug that surfaced after 5.0". So before grinding out your ~27,000 pirates, wait for 5.1 and maybe a fix to the bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    This is indeed how it's done. Put on some music, and grab a nice beverage... It honestly doesn't take that long (shorter than grinding out all the junkboxes for ravenholdt). And like others have said; It used to be that you had to reach all the required reputations at the same time to earn the achieve so it's hardly worth complaining about. The achievement is called INSANE in the membrane for a reason...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allaiva View Post
    This is indeed how it's done. Put on some music, and grab a nice beverage... It honestly doesn't take that long (shorter than grinding out all the junkboxes for ravenholdt). And like others have said; It used to be that you had to reach all the required reputations at the same time to earn the achieve so it's hardly worth complaining about. The achievement is called INSANE in the membrane for a reason...
    I'm Honored with Bloodsail right now, if I farm Tanaris until I get exalted with all Steamwheedle factions except Gadgetzan which stops at 11999/12000, I go to STV farm there and get Hated with Bloodsail Buccaneers and exalted with Gadgetzan, but then what? cant do any hthing

Gadgetzan rep in Tanaris actually stops at 20999/21000 revered. You can finish them off on Fray Island in the Northern Barrens, and get the rest to exalted in Tanaris.

There's no need to farm anything in STV at any point, in regards to Steamwheedle rep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    Gadgetzan rep in Tanaris actually stops at 20999/21000 revered. You can finish them off on Fray Island in the Northern Barrens, and get the rest to exalted in Tanaris.

There's no need to farm anything in STV at any point, in regards to Steamwheedle rep.
    Are you sure? I remember when doing 1 of them got stuck at 11999/12000.
    So it's Tanaris then Fray Island and I'm done?

Are you sure? I remember when doing 1 of them got stuck at 11999/12000.
    So it's Tanaris then Fray Island and I'm done?
    I haven't quite finished my goblin rep grind yet, but here's a rough guide to what I did:

1) Venture Bay, Grizzly Hills until 11999/12000 with Booty Bay (rep stops for them at this point)
    2) Fray Island, Northern Barrens until 11999/12000 with Ratchet
    3) Lost Rigger Cove, Tanaris until 20999/21000 with Gadgetzan (for some reason, Gadget's the only one that goes all the way through to revered instead of stopping at honored like the others)
    4) Fray Island to finish Gadgetzan
    5) Lost Rigger Cove to finish everything else

No need for STV, no need to tank Bloodsail rep. But it's worth noting that if you can grind with at least one other person, you can completely skip Fray Island (except to hit exalted with Gadget) and totally clean up in Tanaris. Everlook will almost certainly be the last one to hit exalted, btw.

I've had a ticket up with Blizzard for a month total, a couple of answers where they say this has been reported to the bug team, and another time they said "we're having trouble confirming your reputations"..

However, today seems like this is the final answer:
    "he Insane in the Membrane achievement currently appears to require you meet all of the requirements simultaneously, whereas this wasn't the case prior to the 5.0 patch."

I'm exalted with all except Steamwheedle Cartel - is there any way to get reputation with them without losing my Bloodsail reputation?
    Well that really sucks since I am half through Revered with Ravenholdt as my last faction. Guess I have to start over now. . .fun.

That won't be fun for me. I got exalted with Steamwheedle pre-mop (doing the 27000 pirates for the other factions, foolishly doing bloodsail for BB). Wowhead says each BB bruiser has 2.5mil health (ouch).

If there is a bug, I would think that its not a current bug that is affecting you right now...but a patch bug.

As in, when patch 5.0 hit, it 'reset' your progress for the Insane. Wiping it, then rechecking it.
    Because you had all exalted except the Goblins, these where 'retracked' and the goblins whernt.
    I dont think they really track reputations as far as 'the rep level you once had' only the level you DO have.

So, if my theroy is correct, theres no way for them to know you ever had exalted with the goblins, and the game just simply thinks you started the Insane brand new when patch 5.0 hit and instantly had everything except goblins.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    get the rep on an alt, it will share exalted reps across alts to give the achievement, not sure if intended but it does work, just like holiday achievements and loremaster etc, it takes each completed section from all alts and applies across the board to meet total requirements

10+ Year Old Account
    so glad i got this title before mop if this kinda stuff is sctrewing people over