Thread: Galleon...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They need to make this boss really fun and auto tag people for PVP when they get within a certain range of him regardless of the server type. If we are promoting more world PVP, we should go all the way with this stuff.

This really is a very poor design from blizzard imo. Really like some ppl have said i have a job so i cant camp this the whole day from early morning to late at night. I truly hope blizz change this as atm it feels blizzard is punishing those who have a life to those that can be online the whole time. What is the method or reason behind this madness?

Deleted
    Have yet to see this guy on Bladefist
    But then again haven't had time to go for him with all dailies, progression, etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bhutunga View Post
    Have yet to see this guy on Bladefist
    But then again haven't had time to go for him with all dailies, progression, etc
    Even if you do see him on Bladefist, chances are Unity will be there resetting him. Last group I was in, my group tagged him and they kept resetting him, even though we were all alliance and could've shared the tag. Horde eventually got the kill. Getting really tired of that guild of douchebags.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMaster View Post
    Have seen it twice. Once was just before realm restart (no more room in that party), the other when he was at 10% hp (same). Honestly, I'd like to see its respawn tied to Sha-kill or something like. On over-populated servers that archivement is as rare as having "Immortal" title. Most people know about tag-sharing, but not all are going to just drop the party and share it, it is a bold decition, imagine loosing your kill because of that (hotfix?).

Idk, hope blizz change their minds about that.
    It'd be easy enough to test if they fix the tag sharing on it because they probably won't just do it on him; I'd imagine that the Sha would get it too, and you don't miss out as much by dropping from a Sha group to test it.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got only one question:

What the fuck is "tag sharing"?

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    I got only one question:

What the fuck is "tag sharing"?
    If somebody is in a raid group and their group attacks the mob first and gets the "tag". Anyone form that raid group cna then leave that raid group and start inviting people to anotehr fresh raid group and anyone in that second group will get the tag. So Ideally - pull galleon then when he's at like 25% leave the raid group and post in /1 "free galleon tag pst for invite"

or if yo want to be a dick /1 galleon tag, 2k per person

although there would be no way to get the money before they get the tag, so meh

I saw Galleon once, after an hour of frantically trying to tag him, getting loused up by the horde raid if we managed to tag first or lousing up the horde raid if they tagged it, wait for respawn after inevitable wipe and reset, rinse, repeat... Well, i had less futile stuff to do instead :P

What is bad design is that he drops tier before you can get tier. Or that he drops tier period. Or that he is 0% difficult.

The spawn timer I can deal with, but what ruins it is that any misc 40 newbs can stand there and faceroll it to death. If it were a challenge, then you wouldn't zerg as soon as it spawns into view.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    What is bad design is that he drops tier before you can get tier. Or that he drops tier period. Or that he is 0% difficult.
    Galleon doesn't drop tier pieces. Are you referring to the fact that the ilvl of the items is the same as normal tier?

Killed him again on Korgath US. All you have to do is be in the spot after realms reset on tuesday.

The funniest thing about Galleon is that if, for example, 8-9 raid groups decide that his respawn is really soon, they start to AOE that area to get the tag and server crashes. Happened 5-6 times in a row last time

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    Killed him again on Korgath US. All you have to do is be in the spot after realms reset on tuesday.
    Which is impossible for people who have work.

And this is how you wait for Galleon to Spawn after Server Restart on Wednesday in 5:00 AM!
    Sorry if the picture is too big. Feel free to make it smaller if you know how/can

Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Galleon camping on US-Mal'ganis
    Last edited by Chisato; 2012-10-31 at 12:21 PM.

Same on Frostmourne US, only noone shares tags on the server. It's pretty douchey (the server population) in it's entirety. But it's a boss i gave up even hoping to see spawn tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks this way on my server, but then the names are all red names, and not green.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Saw him while levelling, not even seen the corpse since then.(haven't really been looking either, though) Twisting Nether EU, some of the other people from the server are probably gonna be like "You are a moron, Drathos, he spawns all the time"
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I saw him once, got there when he was at about 80% health, and nobody would share the tag, really irritating. However, whenever I go to Sha of Anger, people share the tags without question. I've sat at Galleon for upwards of 2 hours waiting for him to spawn with no success. I, too, have pretty much given up on seeing him unless its by chance and somebody feels like sharing the tag.