Deleted

Please make rogues fun - the micro

For the sake of brevity and not regurgitating the posts pasted all over the official (rogue) forums I am simply going to say: rogues need to be more fun. What makes a rogue fun? The micro. "The micro?" Something that has been missing since Cataclysm: where your reactive actions such as 'vanishing' a death coil change the fight completely.

--

I feel as if Blizzard cared too much about balancing PvE for 10mans in Cataclysm. Everything feels homogenized, even more so in MoP. There are simply too many invisibilities and stealths in the game now, which indirectly makes rogues less fun. Stealth should be something unique to the rogue. I don't understand the addition of combo points for paladins and now shadow priests either.

On a somewhat unrelated note, classes no longer feel like their archetype, not just rogues. For example, a destruction warlock should blow stuff up at a distance, at the cost of being easily killed at melee range. Warriors should have a lot of melee survivability and mobility at the cost of having less utility. You see what I mean? Every healer can dispel now, it just takes away from the uniqueness of each class and indirectly makes certain healers less viable in arenas. Why bring a priest for dispel when you can bring a shaman which could do his job better since season 9? Classes should have something unique to themselves. Casters should be glasscannons, rogues should have utility and mobility, plate wearers should have survivability.

I feel like the class design took a big U turn with the introduction of Cataclysm. In Wrath I made some posts about how TBC was better, but that was related to the PvE aspect of the game and not classes on an individual level. I would've kept my mouth shut had I know this would happen. Was the cost of making every class pretty much do the same things worth it to balance 10 man raids? Why? Why didn't you just keep 10 mans as the current 'LFR' of difficulties and balance the game around 25man?
    Last edited by mmoc9ef3638b9b; 2012-10-27 at 06:13 PM.

I think my rogue's fun.

I just wish the damage was different/shifted elsewhere.