Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    You didn't actually read his post, did you?
    yeah i did read it.. he wrote this which makes him sound like a typical elitists who thinks he is better than everyone else because of his gear.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I mean, if someone bragged to me about how hard they hit and then I smoke them by 20k dps on the meters I'm still going to think they are terrible.

  2. #22
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,381
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    yeah i did read it.. he wrote this which makes him sound like a typical elitists who thinks he is better than everyone else because of his gear.
    20,000 dps is quite a bit of dps.
    if they are getting beat that badly its more then a gear issue.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    20,000 dps is quite a bit of dps.
    if they are getting beat that badly its more then a gear issue.
    so your saying if we had same toon and you had all green/blue items
    and i had full end tier items from raiding
    you could out dps me using your skills?

  4. #24
    Brewmaster Buxton McGraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Covina, California
    Posts
    1,489
    I found it boring before MoP.
    I find it even more boring now that my main is a Windwalker.
    Hitting like a wet noodle, with most of your damage being tons of small passive hits, is not fun.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    -snip-
    ...I wrote a lengthy response but MMOC ate it...

  6. #26
    I would say they're the least fun of any class to play.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    ...I wrote a lengthy response but MMOC ate it...
    *Blames chaud for not feeding MMOchampion enough*
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Dreamer, The Moot, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Frenzy, mini Llama.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    so your saying if we had same toon and you had all green/blue items
    and i had full end tier items from raiding
    you could out dps me using your skills?
    Depends on how bad you are. I've seen people in lfr do so bad that it would be possible to do that. I would guess you are better than that which is the point. He picked such a stupidly large number because he was insinuating it was a massive skill difference. It would take a ludicrous amount of gear to account for a 20k dps gap.

  9. #29
    I might be mistaken, but did a dev-post not say something along the lines of "We do not want the difference between a skilled player and a meh player to exceed about 5%" or so? Don't take me up on the number, but I'm pretty sure they aimed for the class to be less/not punishing at all.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    so your saying if we had same toon and you had all green/blue items
    and i had full end tier items from raiding
    you could out dps me using your skills?
    Goooood, let the rage guide you to the dark side.

  11. #31
    I've been a rogue since I started playing at the ass end of BC. I bought MoP, made it to 86, ran 10 bgs or so and couldn't figure out where the fun went. I haven't been able to stay on an alt more than 15 minutes without getting back on my rogue for the past 4 years, and now I just don't want to play my rogue at all. Mage is more fun : /
    Just calm down.
    My Stream - My Youtube Channel

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    I might be mistaken, but did a dev-post not say something along the lines of "We do not want the difference between a skilled player and a meh player to exceed about 5%" or so? Don't take me up on the number, but I'm pretty sure they aimed for the class to be less/not punishing at all.
    They may be aiming for that, but I doubt they think it has been achieved. That or they don't group with randoms in lfr or lfd because even if you normalized the gear I would still easily be doing double what some of the people I see in lfr are doing.

  13. #33
    Legendary! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    6,181
    As someone who's played a rogue for the last 6 years, let me just say: No.

    Outside of stealth, every other melee in the game is more rewarding, not only in statistical performance but in pure playstyle enjoyment. They're more varied and keep you more attentive. There's more to watch, there's more to wait for and there's more satisfaction when you pull it off flawlessly. Rogues are mindnumbingly easy and dull, especially in the grace of something like a Windwalker monk.

    If you're hell bent on stealthing... I'd sooner recommend Feral. At least then if you get bored being subpar, you have 3 other specs to play with.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  14. #34
    Legendary! Holo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Outside of stealth, every other melee in the game is more rewarding, not only in statistical performance but in pure playstyle enjoyment.
    This is entirely personal. Varies per player. Which is also exactly the reason why topics like theise are so much nonsense.

    i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    As someone who's played a rogue for the last 6 years, let me just say: No.

    Outside of stealth, every other melee in the game is more rewarding [removed] in pure playstyle enjoyment. They're more varied and keep you more attentive. There's more to watch, there's more to wait for and there's more satisfaction when you pull it off flawlessly. Rogues are mindnumbingly easy and dull
    This really well describes what I've been feeling in MoP, and it's been a grind to decide to stop playing my rogue, who's been my main on and off since early BC, but always present. My rogue's had no trouble keeping up on damage, but I just wasn't feeling compelled by the gameplay... no decisions needed making, and anticipation reduces the cost of the only prior difficulty of combat (missing twitch-time reactions), making it... automatic. With longer SnD durations and not needing to manage recup, sub feels almost the same, with none of the healing/survival advantages of cata... and assassination just feels too slow.

    There will, I'm sure, be people who enjoy how rogues play right now, but I just can't feel it anymore. Sub, my old Firelands love, feels brutalized, and nothing else in our class was compelling in cata, but has been made simpler anyway.

  16. #36
    Legendary! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    6,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    This is entirely personal. Varies per player. Which is also exactly the reason why topics like theise are so much nonsense.
    Yes, but regardless of the nonsense of the topic, I gave him exactly what he asked for: Personal perspective. As are all of the other posts.

    Not only that, but it's not as if I'm some blind nay-sayer. If anything, this is the majority opinion among the rogue community right now. I couldn't care less about raiding DPS or my ability to keep my spot on arena teams, I want an enjoyable play experience and I cannot with a strait face pretend to enjoy the position rogue's in. Especially while surrounded by every other classes amazing new additions while we're pick-and-choosing our old abilities from a list of obligatory talents.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  17. #37
    Legendary! Holo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    6,288
    And i can say, with a véry straight face, that i'm enjoying my Rogue more than ever. Definitely more than in Cataclysm.

    A challenge is much more fun than brainless steamrolling. Bisides dealing with the millions of fotm rollers. Thank god those are gone.

    i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    And i can say, with a véry straight face, that i'm enjoying my Rogue more than ever. Definitely more than in Cataclysm.

    A challenge is much more fun than brainless steamrolling. Bisides dealing with the millions of fotm rollers. Thank god those are gone.
    Are you happy because we finally have a challenge, because of the class itself, or because the baddies are gone?

    As for myself, I am happy for 2 of them.
    Right now, the challenge in raids is the only thing that keeps me going on. I hate it to wait on that energy bar before I can deal the final blow on the sparks at Elegon, it feels soooo crappy.
    For questing, I respec to Combat, because at least it feels like doing something, and the 3 cooldowns make the killing a lot faster.
    People can be whoever they choose to be on the internet - It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

    every time I see someone mentioning the word "rouge" I get the urge to say "yes, we are overpowdered"...

  19. #39
    Legendary! Holo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    Are you happy because we finally have a challenge, because of the class itself, or because the baddies are gone?
    All 3 of those. Scoring kills the most effective way in 4.3 was to just go in, hit damage buttons, go out. Now you actually have to put effort into your kills if you want to get out alive.

    i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

  20. #40
    I don't mind a challenge, but I can't say I feel very happy about hunters utterly destroying me and their stampede pets killing me while vanished with no flare around...

    And they are everywhere right now. 2s, 3s, battlegrounds, everywhere.
    Shadow Walk : Significantly increases Stealth effectiveness for 6 sec, but causes Stealth to be nerfed to justify its usage. In addition, it uses old Enveloping Shadows icon and has no sound, animation or spell effect to show that the skill is actually doing something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •