View Poll Results: warrior need more nerf?

Voters
345. This poll is closed
  • yes

179 51.88%
  • no

166 48.12%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Blizzard should just hire Rasen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they need. However i tihnk blizzard nerfed wrong aspect. Imo they should remove silence only from pummel, left gag order for heroic throw, and stop colldown stacking (which means avatar can't be used with recklessnes), and i t would be fine.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallius View Post
    The people QQ'ing about Warriors needing nerfs have their faces too close to the painting. I find that almost every single "feedback" post I read about the strength of Warriors never takes the whole PvP class mechanic spread into account. Look at what Whoranzone up there said. That's the kind of demonstrably idiotic "feedback" almost every forum post about our viability is filled with - nerf every single utility item we have and things will be better for everyone. Of course it will make YOU happy, you're the ones getting focused down! If you play a caster and you don't use your own utilities to keep us at bay, you're going to die. And guess what? You earned that death because you played poorly. Every single class out there has a means to take us down.

Roll a pvp warrior and tell me how it goes when you run up against a BM hunter or a Lock or a Spriest or a Blood DK. I'll tell you, if they know their class, I'll die. If I don't have a healer doting after me, I'm going to die. Now, do I die -less- in this expac than in Cata? Absolutely and I say it's about f*cking time we had viable CC of our own. The nerfs they are already going to implement sound like they'll make CC'ing us a bit easier if/when we pop Avatar. They also fixed bugs with our charge's diminishing returns. I can't see them nerfing our damange since it would have to be in such a way as to royally f*ck up our PvE damage.
    Quoted for thruth. This is so far, the only really good answer in this thread. And I am confident, given the lessons of history, that warriors will be nurfed to below average again soon - don't worry people.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    I think they need. However i tihnk blizzard nerfed wrong aspect. Imo they should remove silence only from pummel, left gag order for heroic throw, and stop cooldown stacking (which means avatar can't be used with recklessnes), and it would be fine.
    This may have worked as well, but Heroic throw on a 30 sec silence would still tons of control with Shockwave, Charge, Pummel and possibly stormbolt. Too much control is still too much control, as I have said before.

I completely agree Heroic Throw is pretty lackluster now, and can probably safely be removed from pvp bars.

Don't nerf heroic throw gag order then. Nerf the sheer stupidity that is shockwave. That talent alone is the biggest culprit for why warriors are so stupid right now.

And the people biching about berserker rage. /facepalm. You're one absolutely terrible lock/spriest and have a lot bigger problems than zerker rage if you can't manage to get a fear off on a warrior.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-11-01 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Don't nerf heroic throw gag order then. Nerf the sheer stupidity that is shockwave. That talent alone is the biggest culprit for why warriors are so stupid right now.

And the people biching about berserker rage. /facepalm. You're one absolutely terrible lock/spriest and have a lot bigger problems than zerker rage if you can't manage to get a fear off on a warrior.
    You'd have to be an absolute retard priest if you are wasting your fears on a warrior alone, unless there's someone on your team who is able to trigger beserker rage in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt get buffed last season when I was shit and rogues were god mode, so why should I get nerfed this season when Im god mode and rogues are shit. Why is it when a Warrior is on top something has to be done, but when a rogue is on top its just left till the next expansion.

This is our time. It will be short, live it up.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2012-11-01 at 08:17 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I pvp as Disc, and my priest/warrior matchup goes something like this:

0.00: Priest attempts Fear. Broken by Rage.
    0.27: Fear comes back up. Broken by trinket.
    0.30: Berserker Rage comes off CD.
    0.53: Priest attempts Fear again, once again broken by Berserker Rage.
    1.20: Priest finally successfully casts fear; first successful cast of four. Oh, by this time, the priest was long dead.

Of course, if the warrior is dumb to cast Rage without being feared first, I will survive longer. Not win, by any means, just not die as SOON.

So really, Flaks, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Warrior's don't need any more nerfs. People that were complaining about gag order are stupid. I mean really stupid. Warrior's could get gag order order in cata no problem. Pummel even had a shorter cd. Oh but now gag order is OP because warrior's are not complete crap now. Oh my god. NERF NERF NERF NERF PLOX! IM SO BAD AT DIS GAME!

Same with CD stacking. That's supposed to be like that. Warriors have always cd stacked. It's just more threatening now because of avatar. Oh but now warrior's can be kited nonstop again. I don't get people's reasoning on not allowing warrior's to CD stack.

"Nerf Warriors's" is the new circle jerk atm. Mages are still insanely OP even with their so called"nerfs", yet people don't even pay attention to them anymore. Nope, it's NERF WARRIORS!!

People that play this game are sickening idiots. The dev's arn't any better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post

1.20: Priest finally successfully casts fear; first successful cast of four. Oh, by this time, the priest was long dead.

Of course, if the warrior is dumb to cast Rage without being feared first, I will survive longer. Not win, by any means, just not die as SOON.

When you fear him the 2nd time and he trinkets, that's when you have your teammates stun him and 100-0. Without trinket he cant pop defensives, so its just a matter of getting a CC on his healer, and hes done.

No good warrior would trinket a fear like that in group pvp. Maybe in 1v1, but then the game isnt balanced around 1v1 now is it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted

If the warrior was any smart he would stun/silence the priest every 27 second so beserker rage lines up exactly with psychic scream cooldown. Hence the warrior would never be CCed by the priest alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    No good warrior would trinket a fear like that in group pvp. Maybe in 1v1, but then the game isnt balanced around 1v1 now is it.
    Perhap it should be. "The game isn't balanced 1v1" is just a thinly disguised blizzard cop-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    If the warrior was any smart he would stun/silence the priest every 27 second so beserker rage lines up exactly with psychic scream cooldown. Hence the warrior would never be CCed by the priest alone.
    Hell, if the warrior is smart, the priest won't survive 27 seconds ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhap it should be. "The game isn't balanced 1v1" is just a thinly disguised blizzard cop-out.

Hell, if the warrior is smart, the priest won't survive 27 seconds ;-)
    Maybe it is a cop out, but its one being used against warrior for 8 years to defend mage and rogue dominance, so it obviously is not going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Maybe it is a cop-out
    It is. It wouldn't be hard to remove/buff abilities that make match ups between classes so lopsided. Obvious perfect balance cannot be obtained, but you could prevent blow-outs like some current matchups.

Berserker Rage is a recent favorite of mine. This spell makes Warriors hard counter priests and warlocks. How hard would it be to redesign or remove? Not hard.

What about a warriors point of view? For a class that functions on stuns, why does a mage get to be functionally immune to them? Does a mage REALLY need as much CC as they have now? Or would it be better balance for mages to have more survivability but less control?

What about Hunters? Why is their survivability so low (post-stampede)? Why couldn't they have a npc "druid" pet that mainly heals and does less-than-normal damage?

Little tweaks like this would make real 1v1 balance not so difficult.

I don't think warriors should and can be nerfed in PvP without it directly affecting our PvE in some way. Take the 5.1 Avatar change; taking that away made the entire teir 6 talents useless for tanking. It will force us to most likely take bloodbath instead since stormbolt is the most useless thing that was ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Viin View Post
    I don't think warriors should and can be nerfed in PvP without it directly affecting our PvE in some way. Take the 5.1 Avatar change; taking that away made the entire teir 6 talents useless for tanking. It will force us to most likely take bloodbath instead since stormbolt is the most useless thing that was ever created.
    Personally I see more use for Stormbolt for raiding in general then bloodbath.

Stormbolt has a 30 sec cooldown and plus high range burst potential.

Blizzard has made enough fights where adds spawn that has to be tanked right away and thus need burst threat.

My experience on my lock with warriors goes like this:

Charge/stun 75% health instantly
    Trinket & attempt aoe fear
    Silenced/stunned
    Dead

Sometimes though, it's like this

Charge/stun 75% health instantly (remaining)
    Trinket attempt to pop cds
    silence, no cds got off
    dead

but occasionally it's like this
    Trinket & attempt to disarm with pet
    Hooray, disarmed, but it only lasts 8? seconds
    Weapon back, Silence
    He's still got CD's up
    Dead

Generally speaking I don't have a chance to apply any damage to him, All my GCDs are spent defensively. Sometime I don't even get a single cast or even an instant, such as my aoe fear, off, due to the chaining of stuns and silence.

It's too much, too fast.

The immunity to CCs is going or it's gone during avatar? If it's going they need to do it sooner, if it's gone there's still a long way to go, was getting owned today in rbgs, 1 on 1 with 100% frequency by warriors.

If a warrior gets in range to charge, and I don't have help, I have 0 chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Personally I see more use for Stormbolt for raiding in general then bloodbath.

Stormbolt has a 30 sec cooldown and plus high range burst potential.

Blizzard has made enough fights where adds spawn that has to be tanked right away and thus need burst threat.
    We already have a range damaging attacking and multiple ways to actually get to the adds. We have two charges, intervene, and heroic leap to get to adds and we have heroic throw to get aggro on ones that are distant and we just need a little threat to pull them into a thunderclap, then deep wounds does the rest, we have whereas bloodbath is even more AoE threat when the adds do come into range and it will most likely do more overall damage since it's only on a one minute CD...well from my perspective it would seem to do more damage.

It's pretty obvious I was talking about 1v1 and seeing as EVERY priest goes with psyfiend, I'm fairly certain you have more than just one fear every 27 seconds. Also, warriors blowing their trinkets on fears are dead warriors. Also, since you're teamed up with a warrior you have ANOTHER fear to use against the enemy warrior. Nevermind the fact that you now have all the warrior tools against you being usable against the other team as well so I honestly have no clue why you're crying.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    My experience on my lock with warriors goes like this:

Charge/stun 75% health instantly
    Trinket & attempt aoe fear
    Silenced/stunned
    Dead

Sometimes though, it's like this

Trinket attempt to pop cds
    silence, no cds got off
    dead

but occasionally it's like this
    Trinket & attempt to disarm with pet
    Hooray, disarmed, but it only lasts 8? seconds
    Weapon back, Silence
    He's still got CD's up
    Dead

Generally speaking I don't have a chance to apply any damage to him, All my GCDs are spent defensively. Sometime I don't even get a single cast or even an instant, such as my aoe fear, off, due to the chaining of stuns and silence.

It's too much, too fast.

The immunity to CCs is going or it's gone during avatar? If it's going they need to do it sooner, if it's gone there's still a long way to go, was getting owned today in rbgs, 1 on 1 with 100% frequency by warriors.

If a warrior gets in range to charge, and I don't have help, I have 0 chance.
    Tell me your spec and I can go point to point on how to beat warriors as your specific spec. The basic gist of it is you need to stop being bad. And if the warrior is popping his one shot macro at start you need to learn to adapt and use the right pet. Succy for 14 seconds, fears once zerker rage is done (use other cc during those 6 seconds). Locks make mages look like a class with no CC with how much they have now.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-11-02 at 06:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Tell me your spec and I can go point to point on how to beat warriors as your specific spec. The basic gist of it is you need to stop being bad. And if the warrior is popping his one shot macro at start you need to learn to adapt and use the right pet. Succy for 14 seconds, fears once zerker rage is done (use other cc during those 6 seconds). Locks make mages look like a class with no CC with how much they have now.
    Sorry but are you really going to argue that other people have l2p issues while warriors are close to 20% representation at the top brackets?

Contrary to popular believe Blizzard does know this game the best. Blizzard may sometimes buff or nerf a class to much but that only happens if they drasticly change a spell.

Warriors on the other hand aren't even getting major changes that will break them, the reduction of interrupts/silence from max 3 to 2 isn't half as game-breaking as form posters make it out to be because you will get back in range soon enough.

I can understand not wanting to lose control (since it is fun to control a fight) but your opponents aren't just frost mages.
    Last edited by ati87; 2012-11-03 at 11:24 AM.