View Poll Results: warrior need more nerf?

Voters
345. This poll is closed
  • yes

179 51.88%
  • no

166 48.12%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Warriors did just come out of an expansion where they were the worst class in the game.

I really don't think that many of them care.

Most players don't arena or rbg, everyone does world pvp at some point or another.
    Warriors were not "the worst class in the game" in cata. Let's be reasonable here. That's a profuse overstatement. Warriors performed EXTREMELY well in DS and performed perhaps a little more than acceptably in pvp as well. They may not have been competitive against frost mages as easily but that is not the same thing as being the worst in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulderfox View Post
    Warriors were not "the worst class in the game" in cata. Let's be reasonable here. That's a profuse overstatement. Warriors performed EXTREMELY well in DS and performed perhaps a little more than acceptably in pvp as well. They may not have been competitive against frost mages as easily but that is not the same thing as being the worst in the game.
    Warriors were the most useless class in pvp, and the most killable. If someone in cata couldn't kill a warrior, then that player was extremely bad. Warriors, as a class, had the less damage, control, survivability and defense. The worst class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Learn to watch your opponents Taste for blood stacks, also note that the warrior's sustained damage goes down a bit if they decide to go for 5 stacks.
    And? If I watch it I can prevent it how exactly when he's under effect of avatar/freedom/masters call/i'm stunned/snared/rooted? Even though you can prevent it (if he's extremely bad) no class should be able to hit for that much...

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    also note that the warrior's sustained damage goes down a bit if they decide to go for 5 stacks.
    Does it matter since he'll get you to execute range as soon as he uses Heroic Strike no matter how much HP did you have.

Quote Originally Posted by zoby View Post
    Which means you had zero CC on the warrior for the time he managed to get 5 stacks of ToB. Your comment says enough of how bad you are.
    Your comment says enough how clueless you are. He could have gotten them in less than 5 seconds and it's extremely hard to keep warrior of you for 15 seconds...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    If it keeps such "constructive" threads from popping up yes please. Remove the stun from shockwave, the knockback from dr, the root removal from safeguard, increase white damage by ´don't know 50% and reduce all strike damage by 20% or something along the lines. Oh and remove the snare from bloodbath, the stun from stormbolt and the heal from 2nd wind. Nearly forgot that.
    So pretty much what you're saying is, just delete the warrior from the game... ? Nerfing all those abilities and just increasing white damage... really? Wow. I play a warrior yes, but not as a main. I just don't get all the hate of the warrior.

You're wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    If you actually die in 3v3 as a warrior and your healer didn't d/c, you need to L2P.
    Because with the current amount of instant CC, I will always get healed right?
    This game is about control, not damage.
    L2p.

1, reduce the retarded burst/CD stacking, it's just terrible design.

2, leave the mobility stuff alone, honestly who in their right mind will touch glyph of gag order anymore? remove the silence from pummel and just make throw do it, or turn it into an interrupt.

If they keep up like this, they'll turn warriors into kite kittens again, the argument is (casters need to have time to cast when they manage to get away from a warrior), well warriors need uptime on casters when we finally reach them (I'm looking at you mages).

They could also kill the remove the extra fear breaker from warriors, and leave avatar, god forbid anyone touched a mage with their 200 snares and stuns.

Our uptime on priests/warlocks is too much imo, they just can't get a warrior off themselves, while the uptime on mages is close to nonexistant.

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 02:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    And? If I watch it I can prevent it how exactly when he's under effect of avatar/freedom/masters call/i'm stunned/snared/rooted? Even though you can prevent it (if he's extremely bad) no class should be able to hit for that much...

Does it matter since he'll get you to execute range as soon as he uses Heroic Strike no matter how much HP did you have.

Your comment says enough how clueless you are. He could have gotten them in less than 5 seconds and it's extremely hard to keep warrior of you for 15 seconds...

I guess you don't know this.

But it takes 5 procs to hit for that much, which means he'll have to do 5 overpowers, and each one of them have to reproc which is like a 20% chance, if you're out of luck you'll eat a hit like that once a week if you pvp often, it really rarely happens.

Mages proc 4 pyro's alot more often than a warrior does a 200k+ hs, heck a mage can setup more dmg in 3 seconds on command, several times a minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    You're wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 01:57 PM ----------

Because with the current amount of instant CC, I will always get healed right?
    This game is about control, not damage.
    L2p.
    You can't win a game by control when you die within 2 seconds.

As for warrior nerfs, they need to nerf cooldownstacking aswell as reducing their cc and their uptime on casters.
    It's no fun to play as a warlock when warriors have 95% uptime on you, pretty much preventing you from casting anything but instants because anything hardcasted will either get interrupted or reflected back or you'll simply get stunned/silenced/feared.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    They already nerfed a few things. I don't play a warrior but I think there has to be a melee to scare the casters. That's why rogues need a little buff too.

lol the funny thing is i was thinking about this the other day. If warriors get nerfed i feel like there will be no melee able to tand up to all the strong harry potters. With no op bm hunters nobody stands up to harry potters besides other wizards.

on topic the do need to not be able to stack all dps cooldowns at once but i dont like the change to avatar.

on the topic of 200+hs i think it might need a slight damage nerf but its so rare i see it as a non issue. Mages can do insane damages if u get caught in a deep freeze.
    Last edited by Mr. Casual; 2012-10-28 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    Warriors were the most useless class in pvp, and the most killable. If someone in cata couldn't kill a warrior, then that player was extremely bad. Warriors, as a class, had the less damage, control, survivability and defense. The worst class.
    Warriors have always been a technical class and victory has always required more work than many. That being said, a skilled warrior is like a skilled rogue; both perform very well when they're able to predict and respond well in pvp. Having a hard time versus frost mages doesn't make the class bad, as so many frustrated players often claim after fighting a class they often struggle with.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    You can't win a game by control when you die within 2 seconds.
    Dying in 2 seconds? at what rating do you play? 1200?

Deleted
    Why not remove the warrior class from the game at all? From what I see in this thread, the nerfs people are asking, that will be almost the same thing.

One class can fk all other classes except hunter, everyone accept this and say: Blizzard gave up 1v1 balance long time ago.
    Now another class improve its position in PvP and others argue: no sht, I can not kill this class so easily any more, Blizzard should nerf this class.

You're wrong.
    This is neither constructive nor articulate. It is a gross exaggeration to claim that the class was unfailingly worthless in all circumstances. If you're having that much trouble as a warrior when others are performing well (albeit not saying they were overpowered or that they face rolled others), maybe you could try opening a discussion to learn some tips from those other players about how to deal with the challenges your facing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    1, reduce the retarded burst/CD stacking, it's just terrible design.

2, leave the mobility stuff alone, honestly who in their right mind will touch glyph of gag order anymore? remove the silence from pummel and just make throw do it, or turn it into an interrupt.

If they keep up like this, they'll turn warriors into kite kittens again, the argument is (casters need to have time to cast when they manage to get away from a warrior), well warriors need uptime on casters when we finally reach them (I'm looking at you mages).

They could also kill the remove the extra fear breaker from warriors, and leave avatar, god forbid anyone touched a mage with their 200 snares and stuns.

Our uptime on priests/warlocks is too much imo, they just can't get a warrior off themselves, while the uptime on mages is close to nonexistant.

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 02:04 PM ----------

I guess you don't know this.

But it takes 5 procs to hit for that much, which means he'll have to do 5 overpowers, and each one of them have to reproc which is like a 20% chance, if you're out of luck you'll eat a hit like that once a week if you pvp often, it really rarely happens.

Mages proc 4 pyro's alot more often than a warrior does a 200k+ hs, heck a mage can setup more dmg in 3 seconds on command, several times a minute.
    30%. And I agree, it's hard to stack it on 5, but even on 3 stacks HS can hit people hard (got hit for 160K on my Shadow Priest 2 nights ago at 61% resilience and Shadow Form). However in some cases as you mentioned it can get stacked if 5 OP in a row proc it.

Again, even if it happens every 20th game, no class should be able to hit someone for 80% of his HP pool.

This is neither constructive nor articulate. It is a gross exaggeration to claim that the class was unfailingly worthless in all circumstances. If you're having that much trouble as a warrior when others are performing well (albeit not saying they were overpowered or that they face rolled others), maybe you could try opening a discussion to learn some tips from those other players about how to deal with the challenges your facing.
    I am not having troubles playing a warrior, I has been 2100+ rated for almost every season.
    What you were saying, is that warriors in season 11 were fine. Yeah, they were fine like rogues are now. Completely useless.

I am not having troubles playing a warrior, I has been 2100+ rated for almost every season.
    What you were saying, is that warriors in season 11 were fine. Yeah, they were fine like rogues are now. Completely useless.
    Rogues aren't useless now either. Granted, I think they could use a slight damage buff, but a lot of people tend to overlook their control. Especially with blind CD being cut in half now, rogues will be able to CC like a frost Mage now. Also, as with so many classes now, while their sustain is definitely a little too low in pvp, their burst is still quite good. Like you mentioned earlier, its a game of control, and rogues are totally CC kings.

Deleted
    I have no idea how warriors handle, but from what I've seen from my experience and on streams etc. Warrior's are currently over powered. Since i don't know much about warriors I'm not going to comment on what needs nerfing, I'll leave that to blizz.

Just for those warriors who likely have an inner monolog of "no no no no no no no", I do not want warriors to be nerfed to the point of being an under powered class, but I just want it so i don't see a warrior and think, "Great another one, this makes what 6 matches in a row I've seen one..." When one class is overpowered a lot of people start playing it, its just the way it is. Personally i want to see more classes than just warrior+BM hunter+Healer, it's boring to see the same overpowered classes over and over.

Anyway, I personally have no strong feelings on the matter of warriors being OP as I'm a Hpala and lets face it we need nerf's to an extent too.
    But this is where we should make sure we give good feedback both from non warriors; please don't just bring out the nerf banners and say nerf them and suggest breaking the class, and warriors also need to give feedback when they know there class is overpowered (in certain situations to be fair: DK+Hpala beats warrior+BM hunter for instance :P).
    This applies to all classes, we need to activly strive for a more balanced game... who am i kidding though... People who see OP classes will shout out "NERF" and those who are OP will have a lot of players shouting "NO"...

Rogues aren't useless now either. Granted, I think they could use a slight damage buff, but a lot of people tend to overlook their control. Especially with blind CD being cut in half now, rogues will be able to CC like a frost Mage now. Also, as with so many classes now, while their sustain is definitely a little too low in pvp, their burst is still quite good. Like you mentioned earlier, its a game of control, and rogues are totally CC kings.
    I really dont understand what game you play.

My guess is that rogues don't even need buffs if they tone down warriors and mages.

It happens often enough that when Blizzard buffs the weak class that gets countered hard by a strong class while simultaneous nerfing the strong class that the old weak class becomes to strong.

And just reading arena junkies and I get the impression that the top players actually expected or approve of these changes.