View Poll Results: warrior need more nerf?

Voters
345. This poll is closed
  • yes

179 51.88%
  • no

166 48.12%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i am no pro in arena or anything. My highest ratings were always around 2k, though i am sure i could have pushed more if i wasnt too lazy. Ive been playing since season 1 (TBC), and even then warriors couldnt kill me in two globals. Then this happened to me the other day:

Just realized the resolution might be a bit bad.. Basically it was a 228k heroic strike, followed by a 160k execute. I am fully PvP geared and i had barkskin up at the time. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Feddian View Post
    Well, i am no pro in arena or anything. My highest ratings were always around 2k, though i am sure i could have pushed more if i wasnt too lazy. Ive been playing since season 1 (TBC), and even then warriors couldnt kill me in two globals. Then this happened to me the other day:

Just realized the resolution might be a bit bad.. Basically it was a 228k heroic strike, followed by a 160k execute. I am fully PvP geared and i had barkskin up at the time. :/
    Never happened to me. Not a single time in over 150 matches i had managed to stack 5 stacks of tfb. The possibility of such HS is abysmally low, and ,in fact, majority of warriors themselves agree that tfb is a stupid and broken mechanic, and we'd gladly trade that for more sustained damage rather than this rng burst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Fury is extremely reliant on bers rage in pve.

Although i wouldn't mind a cc immunity cooldown like dk's or blessing of freedom/form switch immunity like retlols and druids have.
    You mean like anti magic shell, that has to be used preemptively but can't be used while silenced, that prevent DKs from being globaled, hand of freedom that can't be used while silenced either, and is dispelable by any team, and feral druids that ends up in africa when feared, before the healer's global cooldown finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    You mean like anti magic shell, that has to be used preemptively but can't be used while silenced, that prevent DKs from being globaled, hand of freedom that can't be used while silenced either, and is dispelable by any team, and feral druids that ends up in africa when feared, before the healer's global cooldown finishes.
    Yeah, what i'm saying is that certain classes are vulnerable to certain cc, while other classes are less vulnerable to said cc. It's hard to fear a warrior, yet you can polymorph him. It's easy to fear a feral, yet you can't polymorph him, etc.

Deleted
    Yeah, what i'm saying is that certain classes are vulnerable to certain cc, while other classes are less vulnerable to said cc. It's hard to fear a warrior, yet you can polymorph him. It's easy to fear a feral, yet you can't polymorph him, etc.
    Good luck getting a polymorph off in most 3v3 settings.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    heroic strike crit me 240k with 60% resi and im plate
    That can't happen'. I tried it on a friend, 58% resi on a plate. Guess what 5 stacks with banner and colossus hit?`80k. Guess how long it took me to get 5 stacks? recorded for 13 min.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    That can't happen'. I tried it on a friend, 58% resi on a plate. Guess what 5 stacks with banner and colossus hit?`80k. Guess how long it took me to get 5 stacks? recorded for 13 min.
    Try with recklessness, avatar and skull banner next time:

80k*1,2 (avatar)*2,2(guaranteed crit and skull banner) = 211k.

Now try when using a trinket and/or blood fury at the same time. Basically a one shot if you are using some other ability, since heroic strike is off the gcd.
    But 5 stacks almost never happens, but when it does and cooldowns are avialable.. Free kill.

Brah it hasnt been hard to fear a Warrior since the Berserker Rage nerf.

omg are you serious most of wot im seeing is absolute garbage i mean for years warriors have done well enough but we have watched as more op class's have ultimately wiped the floor with us warriors and yet their are people patheticlly calling for warrior nerf's lol it makes me laugh warriors finally get buff'd up and wot people start complaining get a life people are only hating on warriors now in pvp because u cant kill us as fast as u used to be able to or cc/stunlock us like u used we got more survivability then we ever had and u non warrior players hate it cause u cant hide from a distance like cowards and kill us as quickly as u used to stop being jealous and just enjoy the fact that killing warriors is more of a challenge than it ever was and know that if u can kill warriors now you deserve to brag about it you wanna complain about a class lets start with mages who never seem to really honestly get hit with the nerf bat like they should
    Soon i shall awaken, soon i will be unleashed, soon our prophet will do what he know's he must and let me loose upon those who would dare call themselves my people's enemy's................my rise will bring fear to the heart of many the vengence of the draenei is coming those from draenor and beyond have not forgotten and we will show no mercy DEATH TO THE HORDE!!!!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    *nm - I'm not wasting my time with this.
    Last edited by Scinder; 2012-10-31 at 02:44 PM.

Maybe I stepped into the wrong room here with all you warriors and anti warriors but I think that warriors are ok atm. I'm not great in arena but I like a good scrap and for the first time in a long time I can get that with a warrior. They're actually fun to fight against nowadays so I can't see what the problems are, yeah there are plenty of warriors doing well this time around but they're not invincible or anything (especially at my level of gameplay) and it's about time they had a good run in PVP.

No I don't play a warrior apart from my level 7 bank alt and banking is hardly PVP.
    Website made avatars are too large for this forum. Time they upgraded back to the old days when it WASN'T a problem. Curse you've dragged this forum down!

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    It won't solve the long term problem if you separate cooldowns like trinkets. Warriors (demand) to be balanced against frost mages and thus have received the tools to do so however this has started a arms race between the warrior class and mage class.

WoW will never achieve true balance while warriors and mages keep their mobility and control abilities while both classes are doing decent damage. You can't have best mobility, best control and decent damage at the same time at least not while everybody else has ''ok mobility, ok control and decent damage''.
    ^^This is basically it. People yammer on about minor damage nerfs here and there but it all boils down to the fact that Blizzard has gotten tunnel vision when it comes to the battle between Mage control and Warrior mobility while forgetting that most players that face Warrior opponents are not frost mages.

Deleted
    The changes we’re looking at are reducing both burst and control.(c)
    Thanks a lot whiners, you will soon be able to welcome the cataclysm weak, powerless kiting dolls again.

Compared to other pure DPS, melee especially, I would say yes, they are OP and need nerfed. However, in the current, ridiculous state of PvP balance, they are one of the only classes that has a chance to beat a hybrid or take down a healer. To nerf them would indirectly make the healing problem even worse. I would rather buff other classes up to their level than nerf warriors. Healing is undoubtedly the bigger problem.

You are so pro dude. No one cares if it ever happened to you. It happened to this poster and many many other people - no one gives a little tiny fuck if it ever happened to you. post screen shots of all your 150 fights, then maybe we'll believe you and care, but otherwise nah - we don't give a shit about what happened to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    The changes we’re looking at are reducing both burst and control.(c)
    Thanks a lot whiners, you will soon be able to welcome the cataclysm weak, powerless kiting dolls again.

Please warriors have been using this argument every expansion and at best the only thing you have going against you has been 1 bad season or something.

During Cata it was all about how bad you had during TBC and WOTLK and both of this expansions you where really strong.

Warriors where top dog for the whole TBC expansion (above warlocks) and you where -with the exception of the first season- top dog in WOTLK even during the last season where caster burst was out of control.

I personally like this part from GC
    We think that if you manage to keep a Warrior from you, you should be allowed to get off a cast
    because this is exactly the case. If you by any means manage to avoid the ping pong class (Warriors) as a caster you can still be interrupted/silenced before the warriors chargers (or heroic leap) again this together with your stuns and burst damage is just to much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Still hoping for a cooldown increase on shockwave (30 or 45 sec), and a 1 min or 90 second cd on beserker rage.
    Beserker rage is basically a forgotten gimmick that warriors (tanks) needed in Vanilla wow back when bosses could fear. This is 4 expansions later where the only class specific fear breakers that exist are Lichborne (2min and used as a defensive cd, not a fearbreaker), tremor totem (1 minute cd), and fear ward (changed from 30 seconds to 3 minutes when season 3 arrived back in Tbc).
    wtf game are people like you playing? you want shockwave on a 45 sec cd?yeah let make it so warriors cant stick to a target even more.you always want a 90 sec cd on b-rage even though its already been nerfed,wow get a fuckign clue.omg warriors can brake my fear,blizz better nerf the fuck out of them.what i find funny is people like you say b-rage has not been changed since BC "but it was nerfed after cata" and now we have priests with back to back instant fears and locks and you still wants warriors to be nerfed,lmfao.

its people like you who fuck this game over so much you get the pile of shit it has become today.i want this i want that,this is to hard,that player beat me on his warrior,warriors are op'ed nerf them,its really fucking sad.

warrior are getting nerfed with more on the way.cc and burst like the blue said today.and yous till want warriors nerfed even more,lmfao.mages locks and dks all do more damage then warriors and yet dks are left alone.this game is a joke like your post.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 05:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Nope. You can actually evade a ret if you're lucky. A warrior you cannot. Plus, a warrior can completely stop you from casting. Period. Or could, before they will get toned down in 5.1.

really?thats sweet i better re -sub then and get my warrior going again!i never knew a warrior could stop every caster from casting every spell they have.im wondering why casters are still wanted for rbgs and arena?if what you say is true "a warrior can completely stop you from casting" why teams just do not stack warriors and shut down every caster they see,so the casters can not do any damage or healing at all all game is beyond me.maybe you could tell me why?or just maybe you are full of shit you need to l2p and stop saying warriors can stop every caster form casting at all.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Compared to other pure DPS, melee especially, I would say yes, they are OP and need nerfed. However, in the current, ridiculous state of PvP balance, they are one of the only classes that has a chance to beat a hybrid or take down a healer. To nerf them would indirectly make the healing problem even worse. I would rather buff other classes up to their level than nerf warriors. Healing is undoubtedly the bigger problem.
    dks do far more damage then warriors do,but dks are being left untouched.frost dks are always taken in rbgs,they are even taken over arms.why do you think that is?

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Please warriors have been using this argument every expansion and at best the only thing you have going against you has been 1 bad season or something.

During Cata it was all about how bad you had during TBC and WOTLK and both of this expansions you where really strong.

Warriors where top dog for the whole TBC expansion (above warlocks) and you where -with the exception of the first season- top dog in WOTLK even during the last season where caster burst was out of control.

I personally like this part from GC because this is exactly the case. If you by any means manage to avoid the ping pong class (Warriors) as a caster you can still be interrupted/silenced before the warriors chargers (or heroic leap) again this together with your stuns and burst damage is just to much.
    i can tell you do not do much pvp at all.wrath was all about rets and dks,then casters took over.if you really think warriors were the op'ed class of wrath then your are just fucking crazy.as for cata,warriors sucks the last few seasons,no rbgs/arena for arms-only prot could tank on rbgs teams.

Cata's Worst PvP Class = Warrior.

Remember these days.

Blizzard: Warriors got Heroic Leap now! You will stun your enemy with it!
    Warrior: Oh? Okay.
    Blizzard: Oh Wait! We are taking away stun, it will do ''3k'' damage now!
    Blizzard: Hey Warrior, we are takin out one of your charge! Enjoy!

People allowing a Warrior to reach 5 stack TFB, and cries.
    People allowing a Warrior to burst free, and cries.
    People allowing a Warrior to POP all CDs and run arround, and STILL CRIES!

Learn to control your opponent before cry like a lil'kid.
    Check out some Top Gladiator Classes.
    Mage / Rogue / Priest / Paladin.

Fury is extremely reliant on bers rage in pve.
    Easily correctable. It's really only the fear/incap/sap break that is the problem.

The majority of warriors themselves agree that tfb is a stupid and broken mechanic, and we'd gladly trade that for more sustained damage rather than this rng burst.
    I'm fine with this, actually.

This unbalances the game. Warriors/Lichborne/Fear ward unbalance the game for classes who depend on fear for thier CC, like Priests and warlocks. Warriors being nearly impossible to fear effectively makes them a hard counter to fear classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    Brah it hasnt been hard to fear a Warrior since the Berserker Rage nerf.
    I don't know why they allow you to post here. Maybe they should ban you like the official forums did.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2012-11-01 at 06:44 AM.

warriors need more buff in pvp and pve