View Poll Results: warrior need more nerf?

Voters
345. This poll is closed
  • yes

179 51.88%
  • no

166 48.12%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by guff View Post
    I got charged by a warrior when I came off the graveyard in WSG. He charged in and did shockwave->HS->melee->MS->HS->CS->execute (377k overkill) before the stun ran out. All this while being immune to CC (luckily that is being changed!), and me being in a stun for the duration. I only have 5.5k Resi, but still.... No other class can do anything near that with all CDs popped, except maybe hunters who also need a serious check-up.
    This is such a lie. Stop posting lies to make warriors look bad. With GCD that is not possible with a 4 dsec shockwave stun. you are just bad admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Sorry but are you really going to argue that other people have l2p issues while warriors are close to 20% representation at the top brackets?

Contractually to popular believe Blizzard does know this game the best. Blizzard may sometimes buff or nerf a class to much but that only happens if they drasticly change a spell.

Warriors on the other hand aren't even getting major changes that will break them, the reduction of interrupts/silence from max 3 to 2 isn't half as game-breaking as form posters make it out to be because you will get back in range soon enough.

I can understand not wanting to lose control (since it is fun to control a fight) but your opponents aren't just frost mages.
    If you believe what you're saying about "Blizzard knows best" then I guess you believe them when they say that warriors are for all intents and purposes fine.

Anyways, wait til people are getting their malevolent gear and watch that representation plummet.

P.S. I voted yes to warrior nerfs because things are ridiculous on live. But no more ridiculous than that of 9 out of 11 other classes. And wait til 5.1 when those last 2 classes will be shitting on everything (WW monks are going to be absolutely freaking stupid OP with sustained that rivals arms/bm burst).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    A poll would be nice.
    Facts would be better... but since that doesn't exist I hope a mod is awake to close this useless thread
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Voted yes.
    Since I made my warrior at the start of Wrath, it has always been my main for PVP, through the good and the bad, and although I am by no means a high skilled player (1900+ is as good as it gets as a casual PVP'er), atm warriors are OP in PVP.
    The one thing i fear is that the same thing will happen as in Cata - We get to stack CD's and blow someone up at the start of the expansion, people QQ and then blizz nerfs EVERYTHING - like full blown, nerf-sledgehammer.

From what I have seen so far of the data-mined stuff, it looks that way

All classes can pop CD's and kill stuff, and all have abilities that need nerfing. Mage shatters, dk remorseless winter, hybrid off-healing, pala cd stacking (yes, they still can), etc.

My takes on nerfs inc:
    Gag order glyph - remove the silence from pummel, or have it increase the cd, like other classes glyphs, leave the ranged silence (or turn it into a ranged interrupt).

Avatar - Have it halve the duration of movement impairing effects, and also have it break roots when it ends also (they claim druids get that because they are changing shape - why can't a warrior have it when they drop down in size?), the no extra rage gain is fine by me.

Increased CD on Intimidating shout - 60s > 90s? why such a huge jump in 1 go? maybe go 75s, then further increase the CD if it turns out to still be an issue.

Damage nerfs on abilities - already happened, and people still complain, they can't do too much to actually reduce the damage on abilities without affecting PvE, which appears to be reasonable for warriors.

Honestly the biggest thing holding a class back are the players themselves.

Half the time I'm under the impression that players are so fixed on that their class sucks that they play bad on purpose.

Suggestions made by warriors here won't solve anything, warriors are atm to much anti caster and the suggestions made wouldn't fix anything.

Nerf to MS Dmg
    Nerf to Over Power Dmg
    Nerf to Slam Dmg
    Nerf on gag order glyph; no more silence on pummel and heroic throw
    Nerf on Avatar; No more immunity to movement impairing effects
    Nerf to intimidating shout from 60 sec cd to 90 sec cd

But we'll allow god comp; where a resto druid can give symbiosis to a frost mage and get iceblock; leaving you a chance to kill druid but he goes tree form and once you get passed that, he'll iceblock, shadow preist will life swap and instantly pop dispersion. fight reset, your healer cc. you dead.

Once again; Ghost crawler over nerf a class when all they had to do was nerf taste for blood stacking dmg; and not allow avatar and skull banner to be used at the same time in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Learn to watch your opponents Taste for blood stacks, also note that the warrior's sustained damage goes down a bit if they decide to go for 5 stacks.
    Point.. Missing it.

Even with 1 shot macro; 2400+ players can easily avoid one shot; especially in a team fight, the only problem with one shot macro is warriors just farm taste for blood stacks and explode for 250k heroic strike and 75k shockwave. all they have to nerf is heroic strike dmg from taste for blood stacks in pvp.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 09:32 PM ----------

If a warrior is sitting on your healer; dps whatever he is training and his rage is 100%. All he is hitting you with is MS and over power trying to stack taste for blood; as soon as he gets 3, all you have to do is CC him and let it fall off. But low rated players with zero awareness gets killed in a global because he doesnt know how shieldwall; disarm, counter shockwave, ironbark, bubble, bop, dispersion, iceblock, deterance, vanish, sack pet ( lock ) or teleport.

Warriors now have the tools needed to have a fair chance at overcoming any other class in pvp in a 1vs1 situation which makes them quite abit more dangerous than they have been since the days of vanilla.

That isn't to say warriors walk around rofl stomping everything they come in contact with it just means such people need to play their class to the full extent of their capabilities to beat a warrior of course I am sure their is a class or two that just don't have the tools needed to compete against a warrior such has generally been the case with warlocks over the past 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Warriors now have the tools needed to have a fair chance at overcoming any other class in pvp in a 1vs1 situation which makes them quite abit more dangerous than they have been since the days of vanilla.

That isn't to say warriors walk around rofl stomping everything they come in contact with it just means such people need to play their class to the full extent of their capabilities to beat a warrior of course I am sure their is a class or two that just don't have the tools needed to compete against a warrior such has generally been the case with warlocks over the past 7 years.
    I will highlight the part which shows how mistaken you are when it comes to balance.

First PVP isn't balanced around 1vs1 or 2vs2 but around 3vs3 and 5vs5, meaning warriors got every single tool (you statement) to fight against every class on a 1vs1 bases.

If you then team up a warrior with a few other classes then the true problem statrs because then you gain the advantage. With the exception of mages their isn't a single class out their that has the tools that are needed to fight on equal terms in a 1vs1 or 2vs2 scenario.

Im a BM full pvp gear (and heroic weapon)

i cant kill warrior as BM

and BM get serius nerf and warrior just some stfs

>blizzard in charge of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by r3as0n View Post
    Nerf to MS Dmg
    Nerf to Over Power Dmg
    Nerf to Slam Dmg
    Nerf on gag order glyph; no more silence on pummel and heroic throw
    Nerf on Avatar; No more immunity to movement impairing effects
    Nerf to intimidating shout from 60 sec cd to 90 sec cd

But we'll allow god comp; where a resto druid can give symbiosis to a frost mage and get iceblock; leaving you a chance to kill druid but he goes tree form and once you get passed that, he'll iceblock, shadow preist will life swap and instantly pop dispersion. fight reset, your healer cc. you dead.

Once again; Ghost crawler over nerf a class when all they had to do was nerf taste for blood stacking dmg; and not allow avatar and skull banner to be used at the same time in pvp.
    ^This

I remember back when I two shot people as Arcane in Wrath on my Mage. Everyone said OP! Truth was, people just fucking sucked. I use to do 3v3 as complete PvE on my mage and we dominated. But I was so own3d by people who could actually play. Same logic applies here.

As for warriors; Yeah let's nerf a class and not only ruin them in PvP again, but let's nerf them in PvE. The logic is just just influenced with the fact that noobs are losing even though they're use to winning on cookie-cutter classes like Frost Mage or Feral Druids. It's pathetic. Warriors were POWERFUL in Vanilla, so much that with pocket healers and great gear, they were literally unstoppable. But alone they were weak (if you were good), and required a decent set of skills to actually play correctly. Same shit applies here. You can't kill them in 2v2? Well fuck your 2v2, this game wasn't made for 2v2. Or 3v3 or 5v5. Actually Arena killed real PvP. But my point is, don't cry NERF if your rating isn't going up because you actually can't beat something for once. Warriors go through it a LOT, welcome to our world. Remember frost mages in Wrath? Us warriors do. DKs? Oh, we remember them too. Oh, remember ret pallys? Trust me, we remember them too. I didn't cry nerf, I tried to improve my skills and find new interesting ways to beat people. Not complain on a forum.

-Warriors finally have good mobility. I quit arena when they introduced the intercept nerf. Mages dominated everything

-The burst, okay, it's a lot. We're not the only class that can do this though, so stop pointing the finger and saying "OP!!"

-Mages are hard, locks and priests are easy. Maybe balance out fear for warriors? If you completely get rid of Avatar, then mages will go back into that "hey, let's kite warriors all day long" phase again. We can't have that, because that goes far beyond imbalance.

Whatever the case though, there will always be that guy that dies to a warrior and QQs. They really ruined PvP in this game. It's so 'babied', and if you get beat, QQ to a GM til you win. Go watch World of Roguecraft, or incredible shaman tricks or Incredible warrior tricks 1? Idk. I'd say keep this shit oldschool, it worked.

They are getting nerfed regardless of polls, they have it on the front page. Adjusting avatar,gag and how stacks tfb interact. Either going to make the stacks much harder to ramp up or making it so they do a lot less damage and part of it was a blue poster actually see one of the videos of a warrior hitting a shaman in full pvp gear for 300k with heroic strike.

Deleted
    out of the 48% voting no, 80% rerolled a warrior this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Perhap it should be. "The game isn't balanced 1v1" is just a thinly disguised blizzard cop-out.

Hell, if the warrior is smart, the priest won't survive 27 seconds ;-)
    rock,paper,scissors is balanced 1v1 gameplay at its finest...

Current iteration of TfB is ... retarded to say the least. And this is coming from a warrior. RNG a 5stack and your target is dead in 2 globals.
    Hope they go beyond nerfing it to 3 stacks max. Change the mechanic entirely. No more RNG crap.

A warrior feels like a warrior for the first time in a long time. They took a back seat for the latter part of the last expansion and deserved a little bit of love. However, Father Blizzard let the pendulum swing way too much to the other side. They are clearly the most OP class in PVP right now because they're dmg, cc ability and survivability all rank at or near the top.

Blizzard will address part of the issue by giving others the chance to CC a warrior with Avatar up (along with other buffs and stacks of Taste for Blood). Great - we can't cc them but guess what they can still CC you. The problem is a warrior can STILL essentially stun lock you for 20-25 seconds w/ double charge, shockwave and intimidating shout all the while you are snared and cant get away even you break the 1,000,000 stuns they have.