Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Wat?

No seriously, what?
    Not sure what you're wating at. Neutrality in a genocide helps the cause of those committing the atrocities.

“I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Ron Paul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Boondock Saints reference, I like it.

Sometimes it is truly hard to not be nuetral. Because it may be difficult for a person to determine what is right or wrong in a situation to them.
    "In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Teddy Roosevelt.

Not to say hastily jumping into a decision without full grasp of the facts is a good thing, though. If it's an important issue, the best course of action is probably to learn more about it, rather than just stay neutral because it's complicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    "In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Teddy Roosevelt.

Not to say hastily jumping into a decision without full grasp of the facts is a good thing, though. If it's an important issue, the best course of action is probably to learn more about it, rather than just stay neutral because it's complicated.
    Yeah, some issues are much more than black and white to know how to deal with right off the bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizark View Post
    Not sure what you're wating at. Neutrality in a genocide helps the cause of those committing the atrocities.

“I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.”
    You missed the point of the opening post by a landslide. It is about opinions, not atrocities :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    If both side is bad, Why shall I be forced to pick a side? When I can choose a third way, my own.

Piss off a liberal: tell them you're going to vote Libertarian.

Piss off a conservative: tell them you're going to vote Libertarian.

Quadruple points if you're in a swing state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Llunai View Post

OMG dude I just left Ohio, it was NUTS. I'm so glad to out of there now, we get our share of inundation here in S.Carolina now but it was ludicrous there. Every concert or public fair or anything public really, had people milling around with clipboards 'have you thought about the election? Are you registered to vote? What do you think about Obama's record so far? What do you think about Romney's economic plans? Are you in support of pot legalization?'

/pull hair out
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    OMG dude I just left Ohio, it was NUTS. I'm so glad to out of there now, we get our share of inundation here in S.Carolina now but it was ludicrous there. Every concert or public fair or anything public really, had people milling around with clipboards 'have you thought about the election? Are you registered to vote? What do you think about Obama's record so far? What do you think about Romney's economic plans? Are you in support of pot legalization?'

/pull hair out
    I can only imagine.

I live in a solid "blue" province in the great state of Canadia. Elections here are a foregone conclusion. I cannot even begin to imagine what it feels like to be in an actually contested place, in a country where the electoral system is so flawed that the votes of a few determine the government of so many.

At least you got out...sort of.

People who say their neutral in politics confuse me. Being neutral implies you are a part of a third party thats not involved. If you live in a country you can't not be involved in it's politics. Being neutral isn't the same as being in the center. You can be too lazy to vote, you can not give a fuck, you can choose to abstain for some political reason, but you can't be neutral. The outcomes still gonna affect you whether you like it or not, so you are not neutral.

About as useful as people who are "neutral" when ordering a pizza. Just tell me what freaking toppings you want >.> cause I know you're gonna bitch when I order anchovies.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizark View Post

I don't think you understand what the word 'help' means.

15+ Year Old Account
    Read the Witcher series - Sapkowski said a lot about the price and worth of neutrality.

What I think is that you're on your own side.

Deleted
    You should take whatever side you want and they should respect you if they're your friends.

Only exception to the rule is when a friend is on a side and a person you don't know but the friend doesn't like is on the other, then you take the friend's side even if you disagree, you may talk about it later with said friend in private, but taking the side of a stranger against your friend would annoy anyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    "if you're not with us, you're against us"
    That's pretty stupid politically. There id such a wide sprectrum between full support and real neutrality. And then there is the official position and the real action behind the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Llunai View Post

Just a wasted vote when you have a 2 party winner takes it all system, I can see a point in it if you have election systems like in France where you MUST get over 50% of the vote to be elected and if you have 48 43 6 percent cast on 3 candidates you get a runoff election between #1 and #2 but lacking that or a relative democracy where you gain seats in congress based on votes your party have gained it is useless and a waste of your vote.

And it infact just acts as a vote infavor of what you hate the most. That is regardless if you hate liberals or conservatives with a passion it is just a vote in favor of who you hate the most.

Deleted
    On moral issues, I think it is definitely important to take a side, and I have more respect for someone who chooses the wrong side over no side at all in those situations because they at least show sincerity in what they claim to believe. Obviously, if their beliefs/actions are incompatible with modern civilisation, they'll have to be put down.

I agree with what Orwell said of neutrality, specifically Pacifism concerning World War 2 at the time, "Pacifism is objectively pro-Fascist.". I think he basically meant that not actively resisting "evil" is pretty much the same as committing evil yourself. It is said that he took back what he said later, which saddens me if it's true.

Neutrality in petty conflicts is understandable (and advisable, as far as I'm concerned), but if it means not helping oppressed or persecuted people, I think it's despicable.

Deleted
    It depends on what your friends are like, some of mine don't mind neutral people. Man, I explained one of them my political views and I got ranted at so badly that the person almost didn't want contact with me anymore. I suppose that person was not really a true friend then, but really.. Some people..
    Sometimes being neutral is just as bad as being their enemy.

Deleted
    I don't think it's worst to be on a neutral side, I, sometimes too, pick neutral sides because I don't want to choose a side because I just don't want too or because I don't agree with both sides.

People shouldn't judge you for not picking a side. Staying neutral is okay, but instead of having just 1 "angry" person you'll have two, but it still doesn't change the fact that it's okay to stay neutral.

Deleted
    My first experience of a general election was that no-one gave me a good reason to vote for them. I think because of the financial crisis, people were very deliberately saying nothing at all, which I found pretty pathetic.

Deleted
    All sides are complete bastards in love and war.