View Poll Results: Would you like this system implemented?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    59 29.95%
  • No

    138 70.05%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    16,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    Your idea is also incredibly immersion breaking which is a concern for the few people who still roleplay.
    Don't queue for PvP while you roleplay, then?
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  2. #122
    But there is a simple solution in my opinion. It would probably be very unfavorable for some people, but say limiting amout of bgs you can do would turn the risk/gain ratio around. Implement another way of getting honor and keeping it fun, and put BGs on 2/2hours limit. Way I see it they could implement a 1v1 arena, perhaps with simple goals and a time limit too. Would sure be imbalanced, but generally speaking you should always be 50/50 if you know what to do. Bot would for obvious reasons be useless there.

  3. #123
    Pit Lord Huntaer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Goldshire
    Posts
    2,363
    seeing the morons in LFR, i dont think half of them would be able to log in then sorry, had to say that :P
    ●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄ Rolf! Rolf! Rolf!
    ▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
    █M█L█P█ █ █ █ █ █ █►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
    -\My pet collection/- -\My Mount collection/-

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post

    *Enters Battleground*

    Once you enter one button, the keys randomly swap around and appear like this in different locations.

    So, you click number 1 and progress to the next number in the required code.
    If I understand you right,

    A player has to go to a location, to get the number, to be eligible for the rewards of the bg,

    This is designed to stop botters in pvp,

    The outcome, it stops botters, but It stops pvp because people are only intrested in find the code at each location

    And this also encourages the opposite faction to camp these locations, why? because you can stop honor and exp in a bg, but you can't stop a HK, youd have groups farming these spots right up to 250k achi, then some more just for the lols,

    I do agree something needs to be done, but stopping during a bg to enter three(?) different numbers from different location isnt going to work

  5. #125

  6. #126
    Captchas to enter BGs ?
    What makes you think bots can't type that?

  7. #127
    Botters would just enter the captchas manually and let the bot handle the rest. It wouldn't eliminate botting it would just force botters to slightly adjust their behavior. You say they can't do it while they're asleep, but that's not going to stop botting. Botters will just let it run while they browse the web or do other work.

  8. #128
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    There's no point in inconveniencing 100% of the player base that pvp's b/c a small % of them sometimes get bots. I've played several years and rarely seen any botters, and when i have i deal with it or leave. People complain pvp is dead now imagine having to authenticate every bg you enter, no thanks. Also to dispute your assumption that im against it b/c im a botter, nope...im against it because it's just not needed.
    Nah, just cause you say it's not needed is the same as others saying it is. But, that's neither here nor there - the reason you don't want this isn't "because it's not needed" it's because you are lazy.

  9. #129
    Captachas aren't hard to bypass.
    At all.

  10. #130
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    seeing the morons in LFR, i dont think half of them would be able to log in then sorry, had to say that :P
    but that's pve, pvp players are much smarter.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    There's no point in inconveniencing 100% of the player base that pvp's b/c a small % of them sometimes get bots. I've played several years and rarely seen any botters, and when i have i deal with it or leave. People complain pvp is dead now imagine having to authenticate every bg you enter, no thanks. Also to dispute your assumption that im against it b/c im a botter, nope...im against it because it's just not needed.
    Because taking 2 seconds to think is such an inconvenience.

  12. #132
    Simple question, and one that I am sure comes up to Blizzards mind and is their answer whenever people argue for implementation.

    Why should legitimate players be inconvenienced by these things when they pay to play. Your just arguably punishing a player for the actions of others.

    It's Blizz's responsibility to catch bots, not the customers responsibility to use extra measures to prevent it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 04:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Because taking 2 seconds to think is such an inconvenience.
    Strawman argument tbh. It is still an inconvenience to your playerbase, whether it is 2 seconds or 2minutes. Blizzard has the responsibility to police their own game, we shouldn't have to prove we are human players when we utilise said game.

  13. #133
    Brewmaster insmek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,399
    You know, most bots have a real person on the end. Just because they're not actively playing doesn't mean they've just walked away and left the house. Something like this inconveniences everyone without really fixing the problem at all.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    *Enters Battleground*

    how about at the end of the BG instead. when the stats for the BG are displayed. thats when you enter the code. you have 2 minutes. enter it you get your honor and XP. don't or get it wrong you leave with nothing.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by pvrwizard View Post
    how about at the end of the BG instead. when the stats for the BG are displayed. thats when you enter the code. you have 2 minutes. enter it you get your honor and XP. don't or get it wrong you leave with nothing.
    That's even worse, as you could potentially f**k up and enter the wrong code leaving yourself completely rewardless and having wasted your time.

    Again though, not one of these answers the question of "Why should we inconvenience the player for this?"

  16. #136
    Captchas are not new, you know.

  17. #137
    The system is pretty okay at the moment (no I'm not happy with the number of bots but so far a good solution hasn't been suggested).

    The solution I've found is to either PvP with friends (if 4 of you report someone AFK together they get kicked instantly, allowing for a potential "actual player" to join, or failing that, get chatting with people before the game starts, its usually not hard to identify other real players and then just turn the discussion over to bots and to report them quickly if there are any, and again, you should get your '/report player AFKs' out to remove them before it gets too late. When no one says anytihng at the start of a BG (and when your stoned at 4am queuing randoms on your own I agree theres little inclination to get talkative ) then everyone will play solo, under the impression that 80% of thier team is bots - when really only 30% are.

    Also remember that the problems are the same on both factions, horde and alliance.
    >SIX A-BONG SIX A-BONG OLLY JOLLY IT'S SIX-A-BONG

  18. #138
    Stood in the Fire Jalfrezi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Durham, England
    Posts
    458
    All that would require is some for of character reading built in via a plug in. would be very very easy to by pass for a bot, and a pain in the arse for normal players.

    i voted no for 2 reasons,
    a) i'm a botter, herbs/ore/fishing and levelling.
    b) i dont bot BG's and it would put me off doing them, having to input a code every time i wanted to enter one, leave one, receive my HP whatever.

  19. #139
    Scarab Lord Nest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Finlanders
    Posts
    4,841
    Blizzard has started removing gametime from those who buy RAF gametime with gold / cashmoney. Should reduce bots atleast a little.
    Heyoo!

  20. #140
    Stood in the Fire Jalfrezi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Durham, England
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    You know, most bots have a real person on the end. Just because they're not actively playing doesn't mean they've just walked away and left the house. Something like this inconveniences everyone without really fixing the problem at all.
    This is true, me personally only bot when i'm at the computer. usually on vent with guildies. and playing fifa on my main screen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •