Poll: Would you like this system implemented?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    There's no point in inconveniencing 100% of the player base that pvp's b/c a small % of them sometimes get bots. I've played several years and rarely seen any botters, and when i have i deal with it or leave. People complain pvp is dead now imagine having to authenticate every bg you enter, no thanks. Also to dispute your assumption that im against it b/c im a botter, nope...im against it because it's just not needed.
    this, random bgs are far from being that important, cba posting a code every time

Because bots can't read game information...

Quote Originally Posted by Merite View Post
    Honestly, the way to vastly reduce honor botting would be to simply remove or vastly reduce the honor requirement on alt characters. Most people I know who bot did at least 80% of their main character the regular way and botted their other character's honor. Mostly because it takes maybe 12 hours with a 5 man group to get the start of season honor (at least start of MoP), but it takes like 3-4 days botting, simply because you lose a lot while botting.

You still have people who bot to level or mine/herb, I don't think that will really be avoidable, unless they decide to remove exp from bgs.

But, as with any Captcha, they're basically all defeatable by a program, some just harder than others; what you're suggesting would be very easy to bot.
    This is close. Basically, Battlegrounds are pretty lenient on who they reward. If you win, your entire team gets credit for the reward. If you lose, your entire team still gets some credit.

If they set it up, so that every point of damage dealt, healed (discounting overhealing), PVP objectives helped captured and defended, and winning/losing gave you +/- 10% or so, you couldn't really make a bot who charges midfield, /dance, gets killed, respawn and repeat. If he does 0 damage, carries 0 flags, defends 0 flag carries, and heals 0 damage, he gets 0 honor.

I understand the team mentality, where if someone gets stuck defending farm, a tower in AV, whatever. They may not see a whole lot of action. It makes sense to have defendable nodes give honor, with the honor diminishing with each extra person there (imagine, AB starts, everyone captures farm and camps it for honor. lol)

This is also not a bad idea, because it'd prevent turtles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    You really want to get rid of bots? Get rid of click to move.
    that would solve nothing :P

Ok, obviously many people aren't reading past the OP before opining. So as a PSA:

This idea has already had three methods to defeat a captcha, either as Op described or more traditional version. Two of which were actually given in detail exactly how they would work. These systems for defeat are already in use for various parts of automating the game, like fishing, and would take less than a day to implement. this implementation would be done on the PTR. Meaning by the time this change went live, bots would already have their work around.

This system will stop 0% of the bots, inconvenience 100% of legit players.

It's "broken by design" as it only affects the people who use it legitimately. The same way DRM only affects people who buy the game/movie/music and has no effect on the pirates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swargle View Post
    Ok, obviously many people aren't reading past the OP before opining. So as a PSA:

This idea has already had three methods to defeat a captcha, either as Op described or more traditional version. Two of which were actually given in detail exactly how they would work. These systems for defeat are already in use for various parts of automating the game, like fishing, and would take less than a day to implement. this implementation would be done on the PTR. Meaning by the time this change went live, bots would already have their work around.

This system will stop 0% of the bots, inconvenience 100% of legit players.

It's "broken by design" as it only affects the people who use it legitimately. The same way DRM only affects people who buy the game/movie/music and has no effect on the pirates.
    indeed. This sums it up pretty good. I think the best way for them to deal with bots is to do what they did with Pirox etc