Poll: Would you like this system implemented?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Captchas to enter BGs ?
    What makes you think bots can't type that?

Botters would just enter the captchas manually and let the bot handle the rest. It wouldn't eliminate botting it would just force botters to slightly adjust their behavior. You say they can't do it while they're asleep, but that's not going to stop botting. Botters will just let it run while they browse the web or do other work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    There's no point in inconveniencing 100% of the player base that pvp's b/c a small % of them sometimes get bots. I've played several years and rarely seen any botters, and when i have i deal with it or leave. People complain pvp is dead now imagine having to authenticate every bg you enter, no thanks. Also to dispute your assumption that im against it b/c im a botter, nope...im against it because it's just not needed.
    Nah, just cause you say it's not needed is the same as others saying it is. But, that's neither here nor there - the reason you don't want this isn't "because it's not needed" it's because you are lazy.

Captachas aren't hard to bypass.
    At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    seeing the morons in LFR, i dont think half of them would be able to log in then sorry, had to say that :P
    but that's pve, pvp players are much smarter.

Deleted
    There's no point in inconveniencing 100% of the player base that pvp's b/c a small % of them sometimes get bots. I've played several years and rarely seen any botters, and when i have i deal with it or leave. People complain pvp is dead now imagine having to authenticate every bg you enter, no thanks. Also to dispute your assumption that im against it b/c im a botter, nope...im against it because it's just not needed.
    Because taking 2 seconds to think is such an inconvenience.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, most bots have a real person on the end. Just because they're not actively playing doesn't mean they've just walked away and left the house. Something like this inconveniences everyone without really fixing the problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    *Enters Battleground*

how about at the end of the BG instead. when the stats for the BG are displayed. thats when you enter the code. you have 2 minutes. enter it you get your honor and XP. don't or get it wrong you leave with nothing.

Captchas are not new, you know.

The system is pretty okay at the moment (no I'm not happy with the number of bots but so far a good solution hasn't been suggested).

The solution I've found is to either PvP with friends (if 4 of you report someone AFK together they get kicked instantly, allowing for a potential "actual player" to join, or failing that, get chatting with people before the game starts, its usually not hard to identify other real players and then just turn the discussion over to bots and to report them quickly if there are any, and again, you should get your '/report player AFKs' out to remove them before it gets too late. When no one says anytihng at the start of a BG (and when your stoned at 4am queuing randoms on your own I agree theres little inclination to get talkative ) then everyone will play solo, under the impression that 80% of thier team is bots - when really only 30% are.

Also remember that the problems are the same on both factions, horde and alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    All that would require is some for of character reading built in via a plug in. would be very very easy to by pass for a bot, and a pain in the arse for normal players.

i voted no for 2 reasons,
    a) i'm a botter, herbs/ore/fishing and levelling.
    b) i dont bot BG's and it would put me off doing them, having to input a code every time i wanted to enter one, leave one, receive my HP whatever.

Blizzard has started removing gametime from those who buy RAF gametime with gold / cashmoney. Should reduce bots atleast a little.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    You know, most bots have a real person on the end. Just because they're not actively playing doesn't mean they've just walked away and left the house. Something like this inconveniences everyone without really fixing the problem at all.
    This is true, me personally only bot when i'm at the computer. usually on vent with guildies. and playing fifa on my main screen.

Every 2nd to 3rd game I come across a botter or someone who goes afk until I call them out in bg chat they're afk. Stop generalising because you personally don't see any.

Botters pay sub fees too... It's bad business to ban your customers. Bottom line as long at the botting is not causing too much trouble for them, why would they ban them.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

Deleted
    So you thought that captchas on free services weren't bad enough, so you decided to implement them on paid services as well, in a way that only really affect the real costumers since bots can recognize them?
    You're a genious. And I guess I'm, a botter since I don't agree with your flawless opinion.
    Last edited by mmoc9a374e54bb; 2012-10-28 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    You're a genious.
    lol... nice one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you have no idea what a bot looks like doesn't mean they are not there.
    Just because players seem to do something utterly stupid, it doesn't mean that they are bots.

I'm going to say no, just because there is nothing more annoying than things that make sure that you do what you want to do and then make sure it's really you who is doing the thing you like to do. If I want to go and play some PvP, I really couldn't care less to start writing stupid captchas with 30second kick timer. I have kids at home and sometimes I just make my character autorun if there is something to handle IRL or something like that.
    And seriously, captcha? What the shit man? Yeah I bet it ruins MY PvP satisfaction if I have to start guessing a blackmetal logo/jizz in curtain -alike picture in a middle of a awesome fight.

In the end it would just be a huge annoyance with minimal gains. If you just think a bit further we can figure out things like

-Don't fell asleep in a car - This machine will make a huge buzzing sound every 15 seconds to avoid you sleeping while driving.
    -Don't forget oven on after dinner - This machine will start loud beeping every 30 seconds when the over in on, just to keep you aware of oven.
    You see? While these superior inventions would work for sure, people would just go apeshit after a while.

I know there are bots and they make some random bg's just horrible, but when it comes to both factions having around equal amount of bots, does it really matter at that point? What's the chances of you having total bot team against a normal team? It's definitely the same way around.

I'd say that the only possible solution would be that like someone already said, make honor gains on alt somewhat bigger. Make the honor gain someone more relate to concretic actions. Bots run around and do pretty much nothing.

Also, Random BG's. Who does this for anything else than just random lulz? Seriously go random BG farming to gain honor? :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sure botting programs out there would have no problems bypassing this.