View Poll Results: Would you like this system implemented?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    59 29.95%
  • No

    138 70.05%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    There's no point in inconveniencing 100% of the player base that pvp's b/c a small % of them sometimes get bots. I've played several years and rarely seen any botters, and when i have i deal with it or leave. People complain pvp is dead now imagine having to authenticate every bg you enter, no thanks. Also to dispute your assumption that im against it b/c im a botter, nope...im against it because it's just not needed.
    Every 2nd to 3rd game I come across a botter or someone who goes afk until I call them out in bg chat they're afk. Stop generalising because you personally don't see any.

  2. #142
    Botters pay sub fees too... It's bad business to ban your customers. Bottom line as long at the botting is not causing too much trouble for them, why would they ban them.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

  3. #143
    So you thought that captchas on free services weren't bad enough, so you decided to implement them on paid services as well, in a way that only really affect the real costumers since bots can recognize them?
    You're a genious. And I guess I'm, a botter since I don't agree with your flawless opinion.
    Last edited by Eskobar; 2012-10-28 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevra View Post
    It's a #$^&*@ fantasy game. You're a blue space goat riding around on flying serpents killing dragons the size of continents. And you're wondering why a gryphon doesn't look like an eagle?

  4. #144
    Stood in the Fire Jalfrezi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Durham, England
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    You're a genious.
    lol... nice one.

  5. #145
    The Patient Cuppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Finland (North from Darnassus)
    Posts
    319
    Just because you have no idea what a bot looks like doesn't mean they are not there.
    Just because players seem to do something utterly stupid, it doesn't mean that they are bots.

    I'm going to say no, just because there is nothing more annoying than things that make sure that you do what you want to do and then make sure it's really you who is doing the thing you like to do. If I want to go and play some PvP, I really couldn't care less to start writing stupid captchas with 30second kick timer. I have kids at home and sometimes I just make my character autorun if there is something to handle IRL or something like that.
    And seriously, captcha? What the shit man? Yeah I bet it ruins MY PvP satisfaction if I have to start guessing a blackmetal logo/jizz in curtain -alike picture in a middle of a awesome fight.

    In the end it would just be a huge annoyance with minimal gains. If you just think a bit further we can figure out things like

    -Don't fell asleep in a car - This machine will make a huge buzzing sound every 15 seconds to avoid you sleeping while driving.
    -Don't forget oven on after dinner - This machine will start loud beeping every 30 seconds when the over in on, just to keep you aware of oven.
    You see? While these superior inventions would work for sure, people would just go apeshit after a while.

    I know there are bots and they make some random bg's just horrible, but when it comes to both factions having around equal amount of bots, does it really matter at that point? What's the chances of you having total bot team against a normal team? It's definitely the same way around.

    I'd say that the only possible solution would be that like someone already said, make honor gains on alt somewhat bigger. Make the honor gain someone more relate to concretic actions. Bots run around and do pretty much nothing.

    Also, Random BG's. Who does this for anything else than just random lulz? Seriously go random BG farming to gain honor? :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

  6. #146
    Brewmaster Cairm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montréal, Canada
    Posts
    1,442
    Im sure botting programs out there would have no problems bypassing this.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    There's no point in inconveniencing 100% of the player base that pvp's b/c a small % of them sometimes get bots. I've played several years and rarely seen any botters, and when i have i deal with it or leave. People complain pvp is dead now imagine having to authenticate every bg you enter, no thanks. Also to dispute your assumption that im against it b/c im a botter, nope...im against it because it's just not needed.
    this, random bgs are far from being that important, cba posting a code every time

  8. #148
    Because bots can't read game information...

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Merite View Post
    Honestly, the way to vastly reduce honor botting would be to simply remove or vastly reduce the honor requirement on alt characters. Most people I know who bot did at least 80% of their main character the regular way and botted their other character's honor. Mostly because it takes maybe 12 hours with a 5 man group to get the start of season honor (at least start of MoP), but it takes like 3-4 days botting, simply because you lose a lot while botting.

    You still have people who bot to level or mine/herb, I don't think that will really be avoidable, unless they decide to remove exp from bgs.


    But, as with any Captcha, they're basically all defeatable by a program, some just harder than others; what you're suggesting would be very easy to bot.
    This is close. Basically, Battlegrounds are pretty lenient on who they reward. If you win, your entire team gets credit for the reward. If you lose, your entire team still gets some credit.

    If they set it up, so that every point of damage dealt, healed (discounting overhealing), PVP objectives helped captured and defended, and winning/losing gave you +/- 10% or so, you couldn't really make a bot who charges midfield, /dance, gets killed, respawn and repeat. If he does 0 damage, carries 0 flags, defends 0 flag carries, and heals 0 damage, he gets 0 honor.

    I understand the team mentality, where if someone gets stuck defending farm, a tower in AV, whatever. They may not see a whole lot of action. It makes sense to have defendable nodes give honor, with the honor diminishing with each extra person there (imagine, AB starts, everyone captures farm and camps it for honor. lol)


    This is also not a bad idea, because it'd prevent turtles.

  10. #150
    Bloodsail Admiral melak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    You really want to get rid of bots? Get rid of click to move.
    that would solve nothing :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman
    I try not to post anywhere anymore, due to fear of being infracted. Feels like there are too many mods that aren't screened well enough. "Dirty cops" if you will.

  11. #151
    Ok, obviously many people aren't reading past the OP before opining. So as a PSA:

    This idea has already had three methods to defeat a captcha, either as Op described or more traditional version. Two of which were actually given in detail exactly how they would work. These systems for defeat are already in use for various parts of automating the game, like fishing, and would take less than a day to implement. this implementation would be done on the PTR. Meaning by the time this change went live, bots would already have their work around.

    This system will stop 0% of the bots, inconvenience 100% of legit players.

    It's "broken by design" as it only affects the people who use it legitimately. The same way DRM only affects people who buy the game/movie/music and has no effect on the pirates.

  12. #152
    Bloodsail Admiral melak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Swargle View Post
    Ok, obviously many people aren't reading past the OP before opining. So as a PSA:

    This idea has already had three methods to defeat a captcha, either as Op described or more traditional version. Two of which were actually given in detail exactly how they would work. These systems for defeat are already in use for various parts of automating the game, like fishing, and would take less than a day to implement. this implementation would be done on the PTR. Meaning by the time this change went live, bots would already have their work around.

    This system will stop 0% of the bots, inconvenience 100% of legit players.

    It's "broken by design" as it only affects the people who use it legitimately. The same way DRM only affects people who buy the game/movie/music and has no effect on the pirates.
    indeed. This sums it up pretty good. I think the best way for them to deal with bots is to do what they did with Pirox etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman
    I try not to post anywhere anymore, due to fear of being infracted. Feels like there are too many mods that aren't screened well enough. "Dirty cops" if you will.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •