If I never payed past first free month

So I've bought the game when it first came out but after the first free month I never continued my subscription, never payed another 15€ or how much it is. From what I can tell, I won't get anything when it goes f2p, not even the "prefered status"? Is there any info on this? I payed 55€ for the game but i won't even be able to play my lvl 50 char because he's sith race?

Pretty sure if you have spent any money on the game that you get the preffered status.

This post also says that you keep any legacy unlock (including species) that you previously unlocked.
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...14#post5324114

Rather than start a new thread I figured I'd just ask it here, since it's a vaguely similar question - I subbed for a couple of months and have 300 cartel coins listed on my page, but do I have to resub before/during the f2p period to receive them? Or can I just log in, keep it as a f2p account, and still claim them? It says something like "resub now and get 300 free coins" - are those the 300 coins I'll get or is that 300 additional coins?

I know that's how it worked with DCUO, if you gave them money at any point you gain preferred status.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalesh View Post
    Rather than start a new thread I figured I'd just ask it here, since it's a vaguely similar question - I subbed for a couple of months and have 300 cartel coins listed on my page, but do I have to resub before/during the f2p period to receive them? Or can I just log in, keep it as a f2p account, and still claim them? It says something like "resub now and get 300 free coins" - are those the 300 coins I'll get or is that 300 additional coins?
    It's a bit ambiguous as they changed the wording a while back. Money is on that you won't get your coins if you aren't subscribed when it goes F2P. Either way 300 coins is probably only $3 and not worth subscribing for unless you intend to play in the interim anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalesh View Post
    From the way they've worded it, you need to be subscribed to the game when it goes F2P in order to receive Cartel Coins.

as far as I know, you'll get preferred status if you have been subscribed at any time in the past, and that should include the initial free month
    coins, on the other hand, will apparently oly be awarded if you have an actibe subscription at the very moment the f2p model goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    atleast you didnt buy the 70 euro aion LCE

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    as far as I know, you'll get preferred status if you have been subscribed at any time in the past, and that should include the initial free month
    coins, on the other hand, will apparently oly be awarded if you have an actibe subscription at the very moment the f2p model goes live.
    Watch them not give a 24 hour notice on the patch launching.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Watch them not give a 24 hour notice on the patch launching.
    Bad business decision, they need more time to generate hype and get media coverage about it. And I'm assuming there will be an ad campaign behind it as well so there's that too.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    From the way they've worded it, you need to be subscribed to the game when it goes F2P in order to receive Cartel Coins.
    Earn 950 Complimentary Cartel Coins by becoming a subscriber today!
    Date Description Amount Balance
    10/16/2012 Subscriber Reward: 200 Cartel Coins 200 950
    10/16/2012 Subscriber Reward: 150 Cartel Coins 150 750
    10/16/2012 Subscriber Reward: 150 Cartel Coins 150 600
    10/16/2012 Subscriber Reward: 150 Cartel Coins 150 450
    10/16/2012 Subscriber Reward: 150 Cartel Coins 150 300
    10/16/2012 Subscriber Reward: 150 Cartel Coins 150 150

This is from my page, look at the bold part it is pretty clear with that and what they have stated on the cartel section on their site if you don't sub you wont get it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogzeh View Post
    So I've bought the game when it first came out but after the first free month I never continued my subscription, never payed another 15€ or how much it is. From what I can tell, I won't get anything when it goes f2p, not even the "prefered status"? Is there any info on this? I payed 55€ for the game but i won't even be able to play my lvl 50 char because he's sith race?
    You will get prefered status AND you still will be able to use existing characters. You won't be able to create any new ones...I think (You don't get the level50 race unlocks with F2P) but existing characters are fine.

I think you'll at least get something like 200 cartel coins for owning the game too