Spectral cub from blizz pet store

so i was on the ptr today looking through the pet journal to get a good look at the cinder kitten so i went to filters and unchecked all but blizz store pets and imagine my surprise when i see spectral cub so initially i thought it was just a bug and they messed up the spectral tiger cub so i searched spectral and nope there two seperate pets.

do you think there going to release the spectral cub pet in the blizzstore along with the cinder kitten? also how do you feel about blizzard selling basically a tcg pet in the blizzstore?

n my opinion i love it ive always wanted the spectral tiger cub but i wasnt willing to ever spend 100$ for a vanity pet
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

It actually would be pretty awesome if they put all the TCG pets and mounts on the Blizzard store. They already put a couple Blizzard Store only pets onto the TCG cards to let the TCG crowd have them. I'd definitely buy them all :P

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    It actually would be pretty awesome if they put all the TCG pets and mounts on the Blizzard store. They already put a couple Blizzard Store only pets onto the TCG cards to let the TCG crowd have them. I'd definitely buy them all :P
    im not sure if they should put the mounts since typically (atleast on my server) if you wait a while and have enough gold they all show up on the ah eventually plus i think they show up on the bmah.

but i definitely think the pets should maybe with some kind of restriction for example new tcg pets wont show up in the store idk 6 months or so after the tcg set comes out that way people who buy tghe tcg for pets will get them early
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean that they putting in store a pet that has the same skin/look of an old tcg pet? Didn't they do that with the Hippogryph hatchling as well?
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

Deleted
    BMAH?
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Mousa View Post
    You mean that they putting in store a pet that has the same skin/look of an old tcg pet? Didn't they do that with the Hippogryph hatchling as well?
    yes. i forgot all about the hippogryph hatchling >_<. still that was for charity. im hoping it does get put on the blizzstore but for all we know this could be a bug and never meant to be put on there

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 06:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    BMAH?
    /10char
    on the sources list it says blizz pet store. its not the same as the spectral tiger cub from tcg (same model but different name and source) also unlike the spectral tiger cub it says its not tradeable whereas the spectral tiger cub can be put in a cage and traded
    Last edited by Immitis; 2012-10-28 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im not sure if they should put the mounts since typically (atleast on my server) if you wait a while and have enough gold they all show up on the ah eventually
    The pets will show up on the BMAH as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, could you possibly post a screen shot of the pet journal entry for this pet? Would be much appreciated, because I'm sure a lot of people like myself don't have PTR downloaded currently

A lot of the things in the TCG are now impossible to get. I still want a Rooster Mount. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I find this honestly a bad idea, they should touch the economy around these pets/ mounts.
    Which go for 500-1000 euros a piece. Having a spectral tiger for example is almost a status symbol ala Scarab lord title.

Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    I find this honestly a bad idea, they should touch the economy around these pets/ mounts.
    Which go for 500-1000 euros a piece. Having a spectral tiger for example is almost a status symbol ala Scarab lord title.
    i would say the same thing if it was the mounts but the pets are alot less sought after

ps will post a screenshot in a few minutes

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 09:56 AM ----------

heres a screenshot.

Personally i wish every blizz store pet/mount in the game could be tradeable or sellable through either the ah or BMAH

i have no wish to ever spend irl money on virtual pets or mounts never have never will but i have alot of gold that i would be willing to shell out for these items

Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    I don't think spending 500-1000 euros on one particular item in-game shows any status symbol like qualities, I think it shows...umm...something else. I hope they do add things like that to the blizzard store though, I'm sure there will be an outcry from those particular people. It wouldn't surprise me, they've done this sort of thing to people before.

Edit: Apparently this was discovered a couple months ago, http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=90953#comments , however it looks like this was the one they used for the BMAH on beta, nothing about the blizzard store, so it could be from either one, or both.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2012-10-28 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    I don't think spending 500-1000 euros on one particular item in-game shows any status symbol like qualities, I think it shows...umm...something else. I hope they do add things like that to the blizzard store though, I'm sure there will be an outcry from those particular people. It wouldn't surprise me, they've done this sort of thing to people before.

Edit: Apparently this was discovered a couple months ago, http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=90953#comments , however it looks like this was the one they used for the BMAH on beta, nothing about the blizzard store, so it could be from either one, or both.
    while its possible that was what it was for initially it never made it to live and the one on the ptr now says its from the blizzard pet store.

guess we cant really know for sure unless blizzard says something or somebody finds it on live

I have a few mounts and pets from the TCG - Spectral Tiger mounts included (got them in a card pack, even! So, no $500+ purchase there).

That said, idgaf if they put things like that in the Blizzard Store. I'd be glad if other people could get a really cool-looking mount. I don't judge things on how rare they are, though, whereas some people do. People look at the Blizzard Store mounts and pets and they'll say "Looks cool, too bad everyone else has it". And if they want to collect things that way, that's cool, whatever floats their boat. However, many of these pets and mounts from the TCG are hard to find now, or very expensive. Paying $25 a pop is way better than hundreds of dollars for one single ground mount.

Mini Tyreal please.

I know it'll probably never happen, but it's my most wanted pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I have a few mounts and pets from the TCG - Spectral Tiger mounts included (got them in a card pack, even! So, no $500+ purchase there).

That said, idgaf if they put things like that in the Blizzard Store. I'd be glad if other people could get a really cool-looking mount. I don't judge things on how rare they are, though, whereas some people do. People look at the Blizzard Store mounts and pets and they'll say "Looks cool, too bad everyone else has it". And if they want to collect things that way, that's cool, whatever floats their boat. However, many of these pets and mounts from the TCG are hard to find now, or very expensive. Paying $25 a pop is way better than hundreds of dollars for one single ground mount.
    i think its less about the fact that other people have them but more that people just get sick of seeing them so much. the same reason you might start hating a song you like because the radio plays it so much

Wow, that's pretty shocking. I bought my card before the prices went up, but it's easily the most desired trading card pet. It's definitely strange to see them dupe items like that. If WotC did that, no one would take them seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Mini Tyreal please.

I know it'll probably never happen, but it's my most wanted pet.
    I'd do terrible, terrible things for Mini Tyrael.