Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Maximum Price Settings (Fallback) header - slide the Maximum Price bar to 100%.
    This is it, thanks a lot ser!

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    The aim of the seller (all things being equal) is to maximise their profits by selling what people wnat at the most profitable price they can, which buyers find acceptable. My point was the OP is QQng, but he isnt some charity, but will sumply want to replace the seller he is complaining about. If things are too expensive people wont buy and if they are profitable enough then someone else will start selling it.
    Exactly and where is the part when the buyer gets screwed?

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Which addons? Never heard of that before. Except ofc if you refer to special illegal addons that some are using.
    LOL? What's "illegal" (a.k.a. against ToS) is not an addon that let's you friend people with crazy names, it's creating toons with names like that

I keep two accounts running... one sitting at AH, other I'm playing, etc. There isn't much you can do but outlast him/her. It's tedious going toe to toe with someone who is determined.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsky View Post
    I keep two accounts running... one sitting at AH, other I'm playing, etc. There isn't much you can do but outlast him/her. It's tedious going toe to toe with someone who is determined.
    Exactly. It's also a waste of time to engage into a market war with someone and end up making a measly 25g profit when you could spend the same time exploting a virgin market and make tons of gold, which is why the "hard undercut and temp ruin the market so that the aggressor quits" works.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    Exactly. It's also a waste of time to engage into a market war with someone and end up making a measly 25g profit when you could spend the same time exploting a virgin market and make tons of gold, which is why the "hard undercut and temp ruin the market so that the aggressor quits" works.
    Destroying a market by hard undercuts does not always work. You do not understand the determination, experience or resources of the other player. I doubt you would be as effective as you think.

If ruining the market for a short time works you are not dealing with a determined trader, they don't quit because of short disruptions, if you want to keep them out you need to drive the price down for a long time (and possibly losing alot of money) or you need to find another way, disrupting his production comes to mind, if you can drive the price on materials up it will lose him alot of money aswell if he wants to keep playing the same game you are, ofc most of these strategies are risky and can lose you alot of gold. I sometimes just pull out for a few days to allow the market to recover and leap back in when the competition thinks you are beat.

Deleted
    no lifers complaining about other no lifers

/thread

20 times is not extreme at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jairash View Post
    I use TSM, is it illegal?
    nothing illegal about TSM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.