10+ Year Old Account

One Time Special Event Today! 10/28 NOON PST

Just in case you somehow missed this - today is the day!

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...l-Event-Timing

As some of you noticed, we have published the time of the special event which will occur on Sunday, October the 28th at 12:00 PM Pacific Time/19:00 GMT.

On the holiday team, we are fully aware of the fact that not everyone can be logged into the game at specific time. We’re also aware that people live in different time zones, and those times can potentially fall on different calendar days. This is why each act is a phase, or a period of time, rather than a moment in time.

The one major exception is the beginning of Act 3, which is something that I think most people will want to be around to see. The choice of 12:00 PM Pacific Time/19:00 GMT on Sunday was a very informed, calculated decision. It was primarily based on the fact that it’s pretty much the peak of our weekly concurrency, which means it satisfies the highest possible percentage of our users. It also means that it’s the same calendar date whether you’re American or European.

For those of you wondering, having the event at separate times for separate zones is actually one of the worst options. Whatever happens is going to be on livestreams instantly and then on YouTube about five minutes later. At least this way, everyone has a chance to experience it in the game, without having it spoiled by the rapid availability of video on the Internet.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    It's 20:00 for most european countries. (CET)

Were all gonna DIE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Were all gonna DIE!!!
    This is what I've been saying!!
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    I did this just now and man it felt like a huge waste of time. The best thing I got was a 10 slot bag. Oh and I got to die a lot.

I'd say it was worth it just to be there to watch it all happen. It makes me happy to see one-time world changing events can happen on a whim.

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    I did this just now and man it felt like a huge waste of time. The best thing I got was a 10 slot bag. Oh and I got to die a lot.
    mm i got exotic pants =D

Deleted
    The cinematic was really cool, shame the dungeon itself is so bugged.

Got in with my group on the first attempt, only to have the King refuse to take part and just stand invulnerable at the start.
    We disbanded and reformed, only for the group to be split across two separate dungeons. My dungeon had the boss bugged again, but in the other dungeon the guys managed to faceroll him with just two players. They even managed to loot some crappy greens too
    Disbanded again, and have given up even trying to zone in to the dungeon.

What a waste of time....

Deleted
    Is there a time scale on this? I wasn't able to zone into the dungeon with a group [even when we waited to go from our homeworld, not overflow], and the whole 'one off' thing makes me think it might not be here tomorrow

10+ Year Old Account
    How could you die? It's a very, very easy dungeon.

I've run it 5x now, you get DR on the Halloween items reward, but no DR on the chest - I've gotten exotics, rares and greens.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    So, ignoring the dungeon, what actually happened at that exact hour? I see the lion statue is missing, was it something about it? Did it catch life and kill everyone?

i made a vid of the one time cut scene that happened at noon today if people didn't get to check it out. can watch it in 1080p.

Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Deleted
    Seems they decided to make it "happen" for those for which the event bugged too. So, even if you won't see the fountain exploding, if you go to Lion's Arch and sit there for a while, the Mad King will pop out and laugh at everyone. It did for me on my level 8 character.

This event looks epic! I should really start playing again.