Deleted

getting a gaming laptop

the situation is as follows: i already got a pretty decent Gaming PC from about a year ago. it still runs pretty great.

however, every 2 weeks, i spend the sunday afternoon at my grandma with my parents (who play cards with my grandma and uncle), and I spend the holidays in Spain every year. i can't take my desktop computer to either of those. and while i already got a laptop, it's pretty old and back in Cata, it couldn't even run WoW decently. i haven't had the chance yet to install MoP on it yet, but i'm copying it over right now. but i want to play ACIII and Dishonored, and currently there's no way i could do that on my current laptop.

could you guys give some suggestions on what to look for in a gaming laptop?

edit: i'm looking for a 13-1500 EUR budget. I hope that can give me something that can last a few years.

Deleted
    http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming...specifications perhaps? or need a 17" one? :P
    however getting a gaming laptop just for holiday purpose seems abit off? (saving the day @boring grand parents i can understand )
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-10-28 at 12:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you live?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    I live in Belgium.

10+ Year Old Account
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    I ve bought Asus g74sx-DH1 few months ago, everything runs great
    And it costed me around 1600 euros, so it should be with in your budget.
    Mindless...

Deleted
    qwerty or azerty?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Batta..._Gaming_Laptop

$1100~ stock will do what you want.
    He lives in Belgium, import taxes are going to hit him hard and so is shipping.

Armory

Deleted
    I just want to clarify one thing. i'm not going to order this laptop online, because no credit card and shipping fees.

what i'm asking for is some recommendations on brands, models, pitfalls to watch out for and such. I got a couple of stores nearby that are close enough to get a laptop that's good enough, including a Saturn store and a local computer store.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    He lives in Belgium, import taxes are going to hit him hard and so is shipping.
    I'm suprised you actually know Belgian websites. ^^
    @OP
    Take a look over at www.alternate.be , probably the best Belgian website around, with next day delivery.
    (Notice how I'm from Belgium)

Deleted
    If you live in Belgium, just drive to South Holland, near Eindhoven:
    http://www.bto.eu/html/detail_home.a...&ProductID=575

You can pay in cash

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I just want to clarify one thing. i'm not going to order this laptop online, because no credit card and shipping fees.

what i'm asking for is some recommendations on brands, models, pitfalls to watch out for and such. I got a couple of stores nearby that are close enough to get a laptop that's good enough, including a Saturn store and a local computer store.
    Even with shipping the laptop will be cheaper than in a store.

Alternate offers Rembours payment, which means you pay when they deliver it at your door. It adds, I think, 10€ to the total price, so really it's a no-brainer, it's what you would pay for gas to drive to a store anyway.

Now I'm 22 and come from a "working class" background,

To me though, buying a laptop purely because your bored at your grand parents, I think is wrong, and I think when they pass away weather its in 2 days or 20 years, I think you'll regret it

When I was younger, I was in the same boat, I used to go to my grand parents every Tuesday because both my folks would be working till late. I enjoyed being over there and playing checkers with my grand father first, then the three of us playing easy rummy, this would be literally every Tuesday from 4pm till 11pm, although I'd fall asleep earlier than that because of my age,

Now skipping ahead, my grand father doesn't have the "energy" to play, thats probably the best way I can put it, even though hes the most active hes been in the last 10 years, completely self dependent, and my grand mother, her eye sight is starting to go, so she can't see the cards to play, she also has parkinsons, so if she could see them normally, the shakes are that bad, she wouldn't be able to make them out + because of the parkinsons, she shaking 24/7 even in her sleep, which is litrally exhausting her everyday as well. I miss those child hood days and I dread to think if I had been introduced at a game like wow back in those days, how much time I would have wasted

Also, the second reason buying it to go on holiday with? what the hell man? I'm flying out to spain in 2 days as it happens, and this laptop is getting closed down and left behind, along with my mobile and even ipod, at a push I might take my kindle but thats it.

I honestly think you need to re check your priorities
    Last edited by Rotted; 2012-10-28 at 10:50 PM.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate