Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Tbh, i don't know what the majority wants because as always the ones that aren't agreeing with Blizz design are the ones talking while the ones that don't care or are fine usually don't say anything (which is fine). it can realistically be that the ones wanting changes are only a few.

The game is good when the people find it fun.

The thing that makes me think is "i like rogues, but they could be a little better this way". Then i go around forums and basically everyone (not every rogue playing, but writing) is agreeing on some basic points and issues about the class. Since it's happening on internet forums where everyone and their mother say things for the sake of venting out, i find at least strange that Blizzard is just saying "rogues are fine" and not "well, we'll think about that".

Even if you like the class Holo, i'm sure there are some things that could be tweaked to make the class more appealing. They don't need to have an impact on gameplay - also i think that if you had SV triggering on Hemo you would be happier.
    I think the tables listed above me prove your doubts (being wether rogues are boring overall or just the vocal minority that doesn't like it).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I said pve was fine. Naturally in pvp there are some this' and that's.

Nothing big though, just a few cooldown adjustments.
    Absolute garbage, you are living in a world of your own mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    Absolute garbage, you are living in a world of your own mate.
    Don't say that. Not needed at all.

he simply is being fine with actual rogue situation and i assume there are much more people who simply have fun with their rogues.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Don't say that. Not needed at all.

he simply is being fine with actual rogue situation and i assume there are much more people who simply have fun with their rogues.
    I don't believe he is fine with the situation, I think he just likes arguing for the sake of argument, something I can empathise with but in this instance there is no argument, it's as clear cut as evolution vs creationism. Anyone who looks at those statistics and thinks the problem is simply a few cooldown adjustments is living in a bubble of delusion.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 04:45 PM ----------

I should also say, I feel I have a right to project my vitriol towards people like Holo, because I believe people like him are the reason we are in this sorry state, the reason I can't even (won't even) play MoP until the issues have been resolved, as he is one of the same people that have been saying throughout beta that there is nothing wrong or that it's just a beta and the fixes will come eventually, something that defied all of the available evidence. 6 months our feedback has been ignored, we are well and truly down the shitter by every available metric and you still have idiots claiming there is nothing wrong, it has to be Stockholm Syndrome or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not expecting that to change to be honest. I like the class as it is and i wouldn't want to see it all changed to something i don't like just for the sake of how it looks on a damage meter.. which you should understand.. doesn't interest me at all :/
    Hasn't blizzard always stated that they would balance the game first and foremost around PVE before they work in PvP balance changes? Or did they throw that philosophy our years ago and I'm still in that time frame?

You may be great at PvP but I'm fairly sure the PvE vote outweighs the PvP one and you'll have to adapt to changes (assuming there are some) regardless =(
    Last edited by Vinho; 2012-10-30 at 05:59 PM.
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    Hasn't blizzard always stated that they would balance the game first and foremost around PVE before they work in PvP balance changes? Or did they throw that philosophy our years ago and I'm still in that time frame?

You may be great at PvP but I'm fairly sure the PvE vote outweighs the PvP one and you'll have to adapt to changes (assuming there are some) regardless =(
    they could easily balance for both

1. adjust dps for pve balance
    2. adjust mobility for pvp balance
    3. done, balanced for both

mobility fixes doesnt matter for pve as there are no bosses who use roots/stun/cc and its the only issue for pvp
    so fixing dps first for pve, mobility/cc second for pvp would be 100% foolproof

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the only thing that Blizzard could do is a class overhaul and make rogues slightly OP for both PvE and PvP.
    Then rogues will truly be happy.
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Going to share a story with you guys...its a 2v2 game so its kinda meh but shit like this should not happen , So I`m here playing with my mate(BM Hunter[Ok have a laugh and let it go]) And we end up facing BM Hunter/Feral Druid , we get a pretty good opener me getting a cheapshot on the hunter whlist my hunter takes the feral out of stealth with scatter ( THEY BOTH TRINKET , The hunter the stun and the feral the scatter ) At this point I instantly blind the hunter whlist I vanish switch on the feral with all my cooldowns[Note : The hunter managed to press his oneshotmacro or whatever it is BEFORE I blinded him[Stampede/Rapidfire etc] And during the blind and the stuns on the feral...I just died.

And that was my last arena game for that week, not sure how this is relevant to this topic but meh , I`m pretty sure theres alot of rogues being annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by InFlames- View Post
    Going to share a story with you guys...its a 2v2 game so its kinda meh but shit like this should not happen , So I`m here playing with my mate(BM Hunter[Ok have a laugh and let it go]) And we end up facing BM Hunter/Feral Druid , we get a pretty good opener me getting a cheapshot on the hunter whlist my hunter takes the feral out of stealth with scatter ( THEY BOTH TRINKET , The hunter the stun and the feral the scatter ) At this point I instantly blind the hunter whlist I vanish switch on the feral with all my cooldowns[Note : The hunter managed to press his oneshotmacro or whatever it is BEFORE I blinded him[Stampede/Rapidfire etc] And during the blind and the stuns on the feral...I just died.

And that was my last arena game for that week, not sure how this is relevant to this topic but meh , I`m pretty sure theres alot of rogues being annoyed.
    And they are nerfing those hunter abilities if I'm not mistaken. The problem with your story and its relevance to this topic is that you died because another class is nuts, not because you just couldn't do enough damage or couldn't catch up to one of them due to mobility issues.

Quote Originally Posted by InFlames- View Post

Where was your Evasion? I would assume you're using Crippling poison, where was your FoK + Shadowstep to your partner?

The biggest thing wrong with this whole story is, if you told us everything, you used zero defensive tactics whatsoever besides the initial CC.

Deleted
    Somehow related, but anyone of you knows Relikar from the US rogue forums?

I've got a strong feeling that he's actually a dev.

The only good thing you said so far was the fok + kite the pets , thats a good ideea I guess. But at that point with everything being CC`D(players) , I did not expect to die in the blink of an eye ( my hunter did not even get to heal me) defensive tactics : should not need more than combat readiness/evasion for that shit ( having to kite whlist I die anyway)

ps : Dont like your attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    I don't believe he is fine with the situation, I think he just likes arguing for the sake of argument, something I can empathise with but in this instance there is no argument, it's as clear cut as evolution vs creationism. Anyone who looks at those statistics and thinks the problem is simply a few cooldown adjustments is living in a bubble of delusion.
    Your beliefs are wrong. If you can't take that, then that is not my problem. Rogue is fine. We don't need damage and we definitely don't need mobility.

Deleted
    Your beliefs are wrong. If you can't take that, then that is not my problem. Rogue is fine. We don't need damage and we definitely don't need mobility.
    I really can't agree with that, nor can most top rogue players I believe.

Deleted
    We don't need damage and we definitely don't need mobility.
    We don't need damage no, but I could do with a teeny tiny smudge of extra mobility to be honest. 20 cooldown Shadowstep or hell even the 45 second cooldown Sprint I would be happy with.

This isn't just based on PvP, the amount of movement required in raids currently is a little over the top. I'm not saying we ''need'' it but t sure as hell would be welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do we need mobility? I have no problems getting where i want to be at all. Giving us more would just make it ridiculous.

I guess that would be because most people here absolutely have no mentionworthy PvP experience at all :/
    Why do you even post here then?

Deleted
    Stockholm syndrome

Rogue is fine. We don't need damage and we definitely don't need mobility.

Don't state your thoughts as if they are facts.

And some arguments for your statements could be useful as well I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baharroth View Post
    Don't state your thoughts as if they are facts.
    I stated that as a fact because it is a fact. Not how i think, that's just the way it is.

If you don't know how to handle your mobility and are not succeeding because of that, now that is a second.