Random Thought about Poisons

I took this directly from my Battle.net post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...91592?page=1#0

So today, I hit revered with the klaxxi and unlocked the "Raining blood" Enhancement from Xaril the Poisoned, for those of you who haven't got there yet it basically coats your weapon with a poison that causes you to build stacks on a target. Once you reach 8 stacks the target blows up dealing a hefty amount of damage. Along with this poison there are a few others, like the one used by the kunoch (Im pretty sure I misspelled that) when you have to clear our the 200 mantid while riding a kunoch, his first ability is an AoE poison that spreads out to the hostile mantid, couldn't we have a poison that could attack as a disease and spread to other targets?

When I got to thinking about this I started to wonder, why couldn't rogues technically "learn" from the klaxxi this expansion and further develop our library of poisons? And please note I am speaking from both a story stand point and a PvE/PvP standpoint. But anyways, what is preventing us from learning these new poisons from the klaxxi? I mean, to me, this would be an awesome idea, maybe give us a few new poisons to vary up the menagerie of the rogue class and at the same time bring us somewhat into the lore of the klaxxi(and possibly give us a goal other than "You get epicz here" in X amount of days).

To me it seems like there is untapped potential for blizzard to help rogues out of the stagnation/homogenization the class is currently stuck in. Maybe we could have each specialization have different effects with each poison? That way we don't always use Deadly/random. Which could help give us more variation between the rogue specs

Or, it could be something like the cooking profession where we there are multiple poison types that the klaxxi offer and we have to go through whatever requirements blizzard deems balanced to allow us to use the new poisons. Eventually unlocking them all and allowing their use in PvE and PvP. I mean that sounds a whole hell of a lot better than "Here you go have shadow blades, your new toy for this expansion."

But enough of my inane ramblings, what do you guys think about this? Am I just a crazy dreamer who hopes that we could get a few new things that belong to us alone?

Edit: Thought of something to add to this. What if each specialization had its own poison that interacted differently with the finisher and or combo point generation of that spec?
    Last edited by Doomninja; 2012-10-28 at 03:19 PM.

Deleted
    That would mean I would be forced to do the klaxxi dailies, I loathe those

But I do agree that learning new poisons would be nice. Currently you only got 2 lethal poisons to choose from: a PVE and a PVP poison. The non-lethal poison doesn't even matter at all in PVE (group content that is). Learn them not trough dailies, but trough a long questline (anyone remember "touch of zanzil"?).

Maybe even let us brew our own poisons again. Let us learn it as a cooking recipe or something.
    Last edited by mmocb704ebc634; 2012-10-29 at 10:48 AM.

What's the difference from doing dailies with a new mini quest line at each reputation level then just doing a really long (and possibly costly and annoying) quest chain? Is it simply based on the fact that you hate doing dailies?

Literally ANYTHING to spice up the life of a Rogue would be welcome at this point.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

10+ Year Old Account
    We got enough poisons as it is really. The idea is with good intention, but it's just not practical.

Deleted
    I'm absolutely in love with the Raining Blood augmentation and I would sell my Soul to have that poison at all times, but I don't know. If it has a 100% chance to be applied it would feel like the Envenom buff is going to be wasted as Assassination. Make it any less than 100% and you introduce something Rogues have been complaining about last expansion which they finally managed to reduce a little bit. Which is too many ramp up mechanics in a class that already has some hefty rampup time.

With some tweaks and changes I would certainly welcome having that as my main damage poison. I just don't see Raining Blood in particular working out too well.

Now some sort of poison that chains to nearby enemies...
    Say what if this potential new poison chains to 1 enemy at most and is Assassination-only. Let's say it's an utility poison that simply makes all your instant Deadly Poison procs chain to the 2nd victim that has this chaining poison on him/her. That might finally solve the issue of people being forced to play Combat because of Blade Flurry and gives Assassination a Blade Flurry-like cleave. Assassination's AoE damage is really strong as it is so I don't think we should get a new AoE poison that chains to all nearby enemies. But an Assassination version of cleave/Blade Flurry, yes please.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-10-29 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Horrible typos batman.

To be fair, Raining Blood only deals damage to the primary target when it explodes, all other targets are just stunned.

I could see Venomous Wound, or maybe Dispatch, being a good source of a cleave for Assassination. AoE is already strong, so it should be tied to single target abilities and only cleave to one or two extra targets.

Say,
    Venomous Wounds
    Each time your Rupture or Garrote deals damage to an enemy that you have poisoned, you have a 75% chance to deal x additional Nature damage to the target and up to 2 additional targets, and to regain 10 Energy for each target hit.
    ...which would cleave a small amount of damage, and increase your damage on the primary target via energy regen.

Or,
    New Passive Ability
    Shank
    Whenever you Dispatch a target, you strike another nearby target for an equal amount of Poison damage.

Speculation and suggestions are unfortunately kind of pointless, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I'm absolutely in love with the Raining Blood augmentation and I would sell my Soul to have that poison at all times, but I don't know. If it has a 100% chance to be applied it would feel like the Envenom buff is going to be wasted as Assassination. Make it any less than 100% and you introduce something Rogues have been complaining about last expansion which they finally managed to reduce a little bit. Which is too many ramp up mechanics in a class that already has some hefty rampup time.

With some tweaks and changes I would certainly welcome having that as my main damage poison. I just don't see Raining Blood in particular working out too well.

Now some sort of poison that chains to nearby enemies...
    Say what if this potential new poison chains to 1 enemy at most and is Assassination-only. Let's say it's an utility poison that simply makes all your instant Deadly Poison procs chain to the 2nd victim that has this chaining poison on him/her. That might finally solve the issue of people being forced to play Combat because of Blade Flurry and gives Assassination a Blade Flurry-like cleave. Assassination's AoE damage is really strong as it is so I don't think we should get a new AoE poison that chains to all nearby enemies. But an Assassination version of cleave/Blade Flurry, yes please.
    I would like it as an 'execution' poison, personally. DK's Soul Reaper comes to mind.

good idea yes !

more dailys plz no ...