Poll: how do you feel?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    My friend bought one from Blizz store when they first came out, and after 15 mins he did a ticket and Blizz took it back and refunded his money
    The store mount isn't the same as the cloud serpent moment when it flys....they both have different motions when flying or when idle.....

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 05:44 PM ----------

Just cause the motion of any mount doesn't brother many of you there are some folks that even though its in a game the motion of a mount can make folks really sick in real life.....

Watching the saddle is somewhat nauseating, but I found that the dragonhawks were far more nauseating when they first came out. At least with the cloud serpent there's so much more to it that it's far easier not to focus on the saddle and watch the serpent instead. Heart of the Aspect was basically the developers first attempt at rigging/modeling the could serpents, but boy am I glad they worked the rigging the way they did. I still ride my HoA occasionally, I bought the damn thing and it's still pretty, and it's /mountspecial and swimming movements are still some of the best in the game.

Then again, this is coming from someone who can read while riding in the back seat of someone's car. For those of you with motion sickness sensitivity, spin your camera around while your cloud serpent is flying and just watch it's head, not your saddle. The head is the stillest part of the body as it flies, not to mention it's got some neat mouth movements. The downside of Blizz's development team getting better with mounts is that, the more complicated the movements, the more often it's going to start setting off peoples motion sickness.

I've only used my cloud serpents a few times and switched them out pretty soon afterward. My eyes follow my character as she bounces up and down and it ends up giving me a headache. Its ok if you look at it from the side but hard to fly anywhere that way. I prefer small, smooth mounts like the cloud disc. The Halloween broom would be the best mount ever if you could use it the whole year, especially if it was still instant but thats not the only reason why it is awesome.

It got old the first few times riding them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strange. I get motion sick pretty fast while in a car... but a game has never induced it :S

I stopped riding mine all together because of the mild motion sickness it was inducing. Its a shame because it is a sharp looking mount.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I regret grinding to exalted with cloud serpent because I so loathe the mount. But not as bad as I loathe drakes. The big flapping wings bother me a lot for whatever reason.
    I play with the camera at minimum distance, so it's even worse. A drake at that camera distance takes up your entire damn screen.

kinda missunderstood the question in the poll

no it doesn't make ME sick, but riding it I think my character should throw up after every 30s, the old dragons are a smooth straight ride and this is wobbling all around, really dislike it

10+ Year Old Account
    not at all , didnt even thought someone could get sick from watchign cloud seroent^^, anyways im enjoying my flying disc now , so good to have mount that dosnt cover half of screen