Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    My observations (partly from Beta):

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok: There's an execute element on heroic mode. Also I'm pretty sure Demo is much better at breaking mind controls than affliction. Adds (in heroic mode) might be better handled as affliction though.

Blade Lord Ta'yak: A lot of movement here... a lot. I'd probably have to go with affliction over demo for this one, to be honest.

Garalon: Demo is good for kiting (I think DPS are required to on heroic mode). Also, you don't get shards from killing Garalon's legs.

Wind Lord Mel'jarak: The CC is done here with spears that you are provided with (you don't want to use other forms of CC, at least not as a warlock). This fight is a multidotting paradise (you want to actively be DPSing 4 targets at a time, using AoE on 7 targets is padding). I would have to go with affliction here.

Amber Shaper Un'sok: Didn't do much beta here, but I'm pretty sure you want to be affliction. The MC is long duration, so your DoTs will provide more DPS after you are MC'ed than direct damage-based specs. Also there's a lot of adds to kill, and pretty heavy multidot potential. There are usually 2 main burn targets up at once, also.

Grand Empress Shek'zeer: The MC means you basically failed the fight and need to wipe/reset (think someone going insane). Affliction fight here just IMO, but Demo might be good for mobility with setting up amber traps. Toss-up.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 03:44 PM ----------

Perhaps it isn't, but the fact that Screwtape has no originality whatsoever and is just spouting "this is 'highest' DPS because others told me so, so it's the best spec just because" is pretty lame.

Especially when you look at the log he posted, and he's using rain of fire as affliction on Gara'jal. Obviously the best around.
    thnx for that info. ill update it.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Thanks for the info all. I'm just concerned that I'll have to completely regem etc for demo, and I can't do that after every fight. Looks like affliction will be the best overall.
    Last edited by Jenerena; 2012-10-29 at 05:03 PM.

idk... i got some world higher rankings above affli as demo. tbh i think ppl just dont know how to play demo to the max xD, and btw didn't affli just get a scaling nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    thnx for that info. ill update it.
    Thanks, but just keep in mind (before making my post the OP) that all that is just one person's opinion, from beta testing some of which was done some time ago. There's a lot of room for things to change, and a lot of room for me to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Thanks, but just keep in mind (before making my post the OP) that all that is just one person's opinion, from beta testing some of which was done some time ago. There's a lot of room for things to change, and a lot of room for me to be wrong.
    ya definitely. i said on the OP that this is all just opinion and as more info comes out the more concrete it will be. this is just a benefit for all other locks who havent done/seen the fight at all to give some small idea on what spec to be. in the end its entirely up to the player to be whatever spec they want.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    ya definitely. i said on the OP that this is all just opinion and as more info comes out the more concrete it will be. this is just a benefit for all other locks who havent done/seen the fight at all to give some small idea on what spec to be. in the end its entirely up to the player to be whatever spec they want.
    Gotcha. My post was more intended to be a response to your OP than a post on its own, so I'll clarify a few things:

Zor'lok: the "adds" are echoes of power which spawn in heroic mode only, phase 2

Ta'yak: as you mentioned, the reason I don't think demo will be too great is because you will have to move too often to reliably cast

Garalon: there's a possible advantage for affliction; you can double-dot other legs as well as Garalon's body. while you won't have the leg buff for all the legs, you aren't really going to be freely able to move to be in every leg buff-zone

Mel'jarak: there may be a point where you may want to DPS more than 4 targets; I'm not perfectly sure. 4 is the minimum, and any gains sharply drop later. there is also a lot of movement on this fight, but because there are so many targets the penalty isn't that huge

Un'sok: take everything I say with a grain of salt. this was the fight I really didn't see much on beta

Shek'zeer: you can remove every mention of the mind control. it will not happen unless your tanks fail, and if it happens, you need to wipe (and possibly find new tanks if it continues happening)