Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Grow up. MoP is fantastic.
    MoP is good, but a handful of design decisions is tainting the overall experience. Most notably the focus on daily quests. Being given the option to do daily quests is great, and getting valor points from dailies is a good change. Being forced to do daily quests to not get partially locked out of other (entirely unrelated) content is a horrible change. The most glaring being the requirement to farm reputations through dailies to spend valor, even if you gained that valor through dungeons or raiding. They basically took away the valor system from raiders and said they could have it back, but only if you do dailies. Changing the "daily" heroics back from seven per week to one per day (with half the reward for subsequent ones) was also a step backwards, as it once again rewards simply being able to play every day (rather than total effort invested).

Bring back reputation tabards with the addition that you can't earn loot while wearing them, and the "get both loot and rep from dungeons" issue is solved, while giving people the option to earn reputations by other means than daily quests.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Any expansion would be awesome coming after mop.

But yeah, get the Burning Legion back into action.
    Pretty much this.
    After an expansion mainly based around Pandas and the pretty uninspired Monk class, almost anything will sound amazing.
    (No, don't even start telling me how stupid I am and how fantastic Pandaria is: rather try and talk about it to any non WoW-fanboy above 14y/o and he will tell you that the very concept is childish and lame. And no, don't tell me that we already have elves and orcs: not every fantasy element is equally childish or lame, there's lots of fantasy that more mature audiences appreciate, but it does not involve pansy pandas...).

Bring the Burning Legion back, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    Pretty much this.
    After an expansion mainly based around Pandas and the pretty uninspired Monk class, almost anything will sound amazing.
    (No, don't even start telling me how stupid I am and how fantastic Pandaria is: rather try and talk about it to any non WoW-fanboy above 14y/o and he will tell you that the very concept is childish and lame. And no, don't tell me that we already have elves and orcs: not every fantasy element is equally childish or lame, there's lots of fantasy that more mature audiences appreciate, but it does not involve pansy pandas...).

I'm not a fanboy, I quit the game often because I dislike the direction it's gone to. I quit in 4.2 and 4.3 because they were terrible content patches, for example.

MoP is an absolutely stellar expansion from nearly all stand points (I don't PvP, so I can't judge there). It has incredible Raid, dungeon and quest content. Tons of new time and gold sinks, upgrades to professions, some of the best artwork ever seen.

You're simply hung up on the fact that there are pandas in the game and are too narrow minded to see how little they actually effect anything in the game, seriously, replace them with the model of any humanoid and almost nothing else would need to be altered to fit.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope it will be a dark alien world themed xpac.
    Argus for example, but cant imagine a story for that.

Let's hope for that. What we have now is silly.

Well, you are wasting your time to reply on typical hater post. He just don't like pandaren because he don't like them, I am almost sure that there's no argument that would change his opinion, as for majority narrow minded people like him. Haters gonna hate.

MoP is good, but a handful of design decisions is tainting the overall experience. Most notably the focus on daily quests. Being given the option to do daily quests is great, and getting valor points from dailies is a good change. Being forced to do daily quests to not get partially locked out of other (entirely unrelated) content is a horrible change
    What exactly are you locked out of? Other dailies that you complain you don't like. With the removal of reputation requirements for the valor gear, dailies now are 100% optional.

Essentially your solution to the problem is to go back to the old system where people bitched about doing nothing but sitting in SW/Org waiting for dungeons.

Blizzard honestly cannot win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Let's hope for that. What we have now is silly.
    yeah WoW had always grimdark settings for edgy and mature players...

Deleted
    emerald dream.. always wanted to go there.. do it blizzard do it!

10+ Year Old Account
    World Of Warcraft: The Legion Strikes Back
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

Deleted
    C'mon ... We all know what's gonna be next - Argus and date with the Burning legion

I admit I haven't been keeping up with the teams and where folks are these days. I know Pardo was basically lead on Vanilla/TBC. I don't know how much he had been involved with the last 3 expansions though. I actually thought he was on Titan for some reason. I wonder why this little change-up came in? This could be good-even though Pardo was involved back in the day, I'd like to think the guy might have ideas of what would help freshen WoW up again somewhat, while not dropping a bunch of subs like Cata did. MoP gained a little chunk back, but I guess we'll find out what the yearly subs running out did soon enough(I think in a week we get the reports.)

Interesting, all in all. I wonder if he's going to be lead designer on whatever the next expac is, or if he's just in a 'high position'.

Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    Pretty much this.

If you don't think playing a video game where you fight dragons as an elfs or goblins is childish then I don't know what is. Ask anyone who is not into video games and they will tell you it's a childish hobby, but it doesnt matter because we play it for fun. It doesn't have to be serious.
    Last edited by Ondonnick; 2012-10-29 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    WoW the Reset:

after you reached lvl 90 you can ask a pandaren to transfer you to the new cont(in)ent for the cost of 30 levels. your reward will be an all new talent tree and 500 new pets (can only choose 3).

its gonna kick ass

I skimmed the comments and didn't see it mentioned (sorry if you did and I skimmed over it) but it's pretty clear the Wrathion storyline is the building block for the next expansion. His whole deal is that something big is coming and the Horde and Alliance need to stop squabbling and team up for it. Culminating with the end of Garrosh and the Horde finally getting their shit together internally, the next expansion will most likely be this big threat Wrathion keeps hinting at. My money is on the Legion, as many of you are also speculating. I also wouldn't be surprised if this next expansion has the Outland revamp they kept saying they wanted to do eventually, after the Azeroth revamp in Cata happened.
    This would also be a good time to bring Illidan back, which they seem to be hinting at doing, as well.
    Last edited by haydude; 2012-10-29 at 02:00 PM.

They just released a new expansion and they're already hyping the next one? Seriously? At this point it feels like all we'll get is these 3 raids with all the gating going on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    They just released a new expansion and they're already hyping the next one? Seriously? At this point it feels like all we'll get is these 3 raids with all the gating going on.
    They always start development of the next expansion as soon as the current one is released.

Otherwise they'd have their concept artists, composers, cinematics team, etc. just sitting around on their hands for months and months waiting to go back to work.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Emerald Dream is wrapped in lore afaik, I would put a decent bet on it being something to do with the burning legion's return, we've had so many hints to it now.
    Nope. In Stormrage they pushed the corruption into the Rift of Aln but it had already started to overflow again in Cataclysm. There are places in the Barrens and Mt. Hyjal, at the very least, where the Emerald Nightmare is already creeping out into reality again. Plus the Old God responsible for it (N'zoth) is still very much alive.

I don't know if they'll make the Emerald Dream an entire continent or just some dungeons and a raid, but whatever the case, it's certainly gonna be added to the game eventually.

Yes, a childish video game gets more childish with pandas! /sarcasm. I had no interest in the whole pet battle thing, but while leveling a new monk I gave it a try and found it quite addicting. Goes to show that people with open minds experience a lot more of the world then those who judge a book by it's cover. I feel sorry for those people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondonnick View Post
    If you don't think playing a video game where you fight dragons as an elfs or goblins is childish then I don't know what is. Ask anyone who is not into video games and they will tell you it's a childish hobby, but it doesnt matter because we play it for fun. It doesn't have to be serious.
    I don`t want to ruin your picture about what is childish and what not, but the elves and dragons are part of the human mythology and they are pretty ancient stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elf and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goblin
    Not even the Pandas are childish (even if I do not really like them) because in the Eastern cultures animal heroes are pretty common (1 of the most known is the Monkey King http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wukong)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    What exactly are you locked out of? Other dailies that you complain you don't like. With the removal of reputation requirements for the valor gear, dailies now are 100% optional.

Essentially your solution to the problem is to go back to the old system where people bitched about doing nothing but sitting in SW/Org waiting for dungeons.

Blizzard honestly cannot win.
    They only removed the rep requirements for JP gear and not Valor gear. I don't mind the daily quests but I think overall the content of MoP is sound but when everything is tainted with cheap time wasting tricks like larger than normal (but not challenging) mob health pools and no spirit flying and bags filling up at a ridiculous rate requiring time to micro manage and the enjoyment does become tainted. Hell. most of the ideas to bring back World PvP seem to have backfired at least on my server as most people just want to finish what they are doing and don't have the time or energy to get into PvP leaving me having had two World PvP battles in this xpac that was supposed to bring it back. When people complained about a lack of content in Cata, Blizzard tossed everything they had into this xpac, unfortunately that includes mundane time sinks everywhere for no reason other than to slow us down.