You shouldn't get in to the habit of using the nitro boost as a reliable CD, but more of a oh shit spell where you would've died other wise.
Engineering is by far the best profession, think about the huge quality of life improvmens due to the portable mailbox and bank access and Blingtron..
You kill or you die. Or you die and you kill.
I'm an enchanter/LW atm and thinking of dropping Enchanting for Engi.
Can someone actually give me some actual numbers what kinda DPS increase Synapse Springs is compared to the passive +320 boost given by other trade skills?
I know Synapse Springs average out +320 agi increase but how much of a difference does it make during burst (considering that I don't have on-use trinkets)? I was trying to test it using simc, but got some extremely flawed results. Ty.
I switched from a character with Engineering and Leatherworking to my Hunter with Engineering and Enchanting. Leatherworking isn't very useful while Enchanting is making me silly amounts of money. Just from casually flying by some of the rares in Pandaria every evening I'm getting roughly 90 ethereal shards and 5 sha crystals including the two daily cooldowns every 2 days. On top of that it's just very nice being able to disenchant random stuff you find.
So ye probably not worth dropping your regular +320 trade skill for engi unless you're raiding for Paragon, considering how ridiculous amounts of money for example enchanting makes, and the money made from Engineering is pretty pathetic.
Benefits of Engineering
*- 1920 Primary Stat cooldown. Lasts 10s, 60s cooldown (Uptime is 16.667%). On average: 320 stats (on par with other professions). This primary benefit poses one problem as it adds a 10s cooldown to on-use trinkets.
*- Tinker your belt to have a few useful things. Most notably, the Nitro Boosts, which is a very fast sprint on a 3m cooldown (may sometimes backfire and apply a Fire DoT to you).
*- Tinker your cloak to have the super-awesome Goblin Glider, allowing you to not only safely glide your way to the ground, but also propels you forward AND allows you to turn while gliding down!
*- Jeeves/Repair Bots, allowing you to put down a vendor and repair station for you or your allies no matter where you are. An additional benefit is that Jeeves will allow Engineers (ANY Engineer, not just the one that put him down) to access their bank.
- Portable Mailbox "MOLL-E", allowing you to place a mailbox anywhere in the world.
- Teleporters, allowing you to teleport to a multitude of areas.
- BC Engineering Mounts, which are two really cool helicopter mounts that only Engineers can use. (These mounts are BoA, but only your Engineer characters can mount them).
- Shrine Auction House and Bank Center. Right at the entrance to the Pandaria Shrine City, there is an Auction House and Bank that only Engineers can use (the bank is the little robot that walks around). There's also a Guild Bank, Vendor, and Mailbox, but anyone can use those, not just Engineers.
- Seaforium Charges which allow you to blast open almost any locked door (if they still exist...) or chest/lockbox you may come across.
- Other random wacky inventions that you may create.
Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
Currently playing a White Mage/Bard in FFXIV and crying that I enjoy healer abuse