Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Mop worth 40$ plus monthly sub ???

So i have not played wow in about 2 years.My question is ,is mop worth coming back for.For a person that plays casual.I intend to raid but really on a random and and off bases.Also how is the new pvp system? Is it better then the old one?Any advice is greatly appreciated.Just trying to see if i want to drop 40$ on mop and get my money out of it.Thanks

side note : played wow for 6 years.

It's worth it if you love dailies, can't say anything about PvP though
    KAPOW!

15+ Year Old Account
    It was surprisingly good. I haven't done much PVP yet this expansion, but thats something I tend to just do when bored in MMOs. I haven't gotten bored yet and I've been playing almost every day. Even things I thought I'd want nothing to do with (pet battles, farming) I find myself doing. Raiding is also challenging again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Something View Post
    It's worth it if you love dailies, can't say anything about PvP though
    If you enjoy grind in general yes. Otherwise no not so much. Pvp is as usual unbalanced as hell.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say, you throw in those 40 bucks and try it for yourself. My friends may say "Coke Zero tastes bad" I say it tastes good. Your own opinion is what matters. I've never taken others into consideration. I can promise you that is the best choice, regarding MMos. I've been led into buying so many games. " Aion, Tera, Warhammer, Age of Conan and much more. Yet I hated those. They were just " Oh wow, it's so good, bla bla and of course they quit after a month "

Actually, do you know what? Blizzard released a 10day Trial of MOP. Try it yourself!

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 09:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    If you enjoy grind in general yes. Otherwise no not so much. Pvp is as usual unbalanced as hell.
    I play both PvE and PvP. I've achieved High Rating on Both my Warrior and Retri. I usually top the DPS and yet I've not done a single BG! Awesome, right? No grind for me. Dunno what you're experiencing. It's optional, if you want slightly better gear that can be achieved by dailies, do so. I prefer raiding and HCs.

Can you give me a link to that 10 day free trial i can't seem to find it ?

Deleted
    How about try it out for yourself?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeegee View Post
    Can you give me a link to that 10 day free trial i can't seem to find it ?
    It should be on your world of warcraft account in battle net. Just go into your frozen account and choose 10 day trial of mop.

Just came back myself after close to a year away. Can't say the game feels or plays all that differently. MoP is ok so far.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    How about try it out for yourself?
    How about this is a forum, why are you here?

Thanks all. Going to try it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeegee View Post
    I intend to raid but really on a random and and off bases.
    You might want to know there will be five LFRs for the first tier. If you're going to be super casual, gearing up late won't be quite as awful. Also, the reputation dailies will unlock first-raid tier items to get you going as well.

Also how is the new pvp system? Is it better then the old one?
    Someone's gonna have to explain this one. I'm not seeing any difference between 4.3 PVP and 5.0.5 PVP.

side note : played wow for 6 years.[/QUOTE]
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

It's no more or less worth it than previous expansions. Well, it is more worth it than Cataclysm.

If you enjoy playing the game, you'll enjoy playing the expansion. If you're bored of it, there's nothing that's going to draw you back in and keep you playing. Well, you never know, you might find yourself absolutely in love with the Monk. That might keep your attention for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

The PvP "balance" is worse than I have ever seen it since Lich King. It's apparent that Blizzard has poured all of their resources into new zones and PvE content. PvP is much more of an afterthought than it was during Cataclysm, and can be positively painful to engage in. This is unless you play one of the favored classes, which are Warriors. (Also Frost Mages and Beast Mastery Hunters, but nerfs are incoming for them.)

If you like leveling, raiding, or many dailies, this is a great expansion. If you enjoy PvP, it's a disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I It's optional, if you want slightly better gear that can be achieved by dailies, do so. I prefer raiding and HCs.
    Christ if it were slightly better I wouldn't touch it and frankly nobody would. No the rewards are their because they are MUCH better than anything you can get outside the raid. They are not slightly or marginally better. In fact the best shoulders currently for a warrior come from daily quests. Get that through your fucking skulls. dailies are a shitty FORCED grind.

Now go ahead and tell me I'm fucking entitled. This is BS and people will leave for it. The more the better.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-28 at 09:21 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    I don't know... I paid for it (MoP + sub) and got a server transfer too because who wants 3000 people 6 hour queues, right?

It's not too bad, basicly it's new content. I think it might be worth it even compared to say a new Xbox game or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    actually pvp is pretty well balanced in my experience

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Come back to the MF'n darkside baby - Wow can always use more!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    actually pvp is pretty well balanced in my experience
    I get it wow and in this case MoP is the best thing ever and you all post here to reinforce each others opinions in some giant circle jerk. Carry on getting bursted down by your bm hunters and arms warriors. The only cause for the decline of this game is the community. It's a giant group think that can't see Blizzard doing anything wrong or right for that matter, because mists does do some things right.
    The hammer comes down: