1. #1
    Blademaster Trigaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Nagrand
    Posts
    39

    General low dps shadow priest

    My DPS is seemingly low, even though I am ontime with my dots, mind blast, mind spikes and also DP but I always seem to be below the other class's and I am pushing myself alot. Just a few tips and help because I really need to up my dps because I want to keep getting picked haha!

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3272&e=3656
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ar/Nyik/simple

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigaar View Post
    My DPS is seemingly low, even though I am ontime with my dots, mind blast, mind spikes and also DP but I always seem to be below the other class's and I am pushing myself alot. Just a few tips and help because I really need to up my dps because I want to keep getting picked haha!

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3272&e=3656
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ar/Nyik/simple

    I'm not a spriest expert, but I may be able to shine some light on the subject. You need to put a meta gem in your helm, that is devaluing your crit by a slight amount. You also need to change your trinkets, those things are holding you back. You have inscription, use your superior enchant.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  3. #3
    Blademaster Trigaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Nagrand
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I'm not a spriest expert, but I may be able to shine some light on the subject. You need to put a meta gem in your helm, that is devaluing your crit by a slight amount. You also need to change your trinkets, those things are holding you back. You have inscription, use your superior enchant.
    Meta gem has been put in

  4. #4
    Field Marshal Linkozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    79
    No Meta Gem
    Missing Living Steel Belt Buckle
    Missing shoulder enchant [Inscription]
    2 Green Trinkets > Should upgrade to 463+
    Not all of youre gems are optimal ( never gem full int , 320 haste > 160 int, so red sockets should be 80int160haste)
    try to reach 8000 haste cap

    Fix this and your dps will increase significantly.

  5. #5
    Also replace one of your trinkets with the ghost iron dragonling. It will give you more stats and a dps proc.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  6. #6
    Blademaster Trigaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Nagrand
    Posts
    39
    In terms of multi dotting how often should I do that, or should I just target one mob of a boss at a time for example on stone guard.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigaar View Post
    In terms of multi dotting how often should I do that, or should I just target one mob of a boss at a time for example on stone guard.
    On 10 HC I dot the 2 that are tanked together and leave the other one for Stone guard.
    Always multidot if you can (if things stay alive long enough for your dots to tick that is).

    Shadow dps is actually very bad and gear dependant this early in to the expansion, but with multidotting we become a lot better.
    As you gear up you'll catch up a bit with the rest. Reaching the haste cap will help a lot too.

  8. #8
    Not all of youre gems are optimal ( never gem full int , 320 haste > 160 int, so red sockets should be 80int160haste)
    This is quite wrong. Only gem Haste if you can reach 8085 Haste. If you can't reach that, or if you are over that, gem for max Int.
    By MY hand, your slack shall be extinguished, eternally banished from this realm.

    Holyfury armory - <Inept> 3d/w 25guild

  9. #9
    always multidot. single target feng i do about 65k dps, multi dotting on stone guards i've done 95k.

    mind blast is our most important spell. cast it as often as possible, only delay it to get off a 3 orb dp or to avoid dying. on the stone dogs take... i think its divine insight?... the talent that your swp ticks can proc mb and win

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,082
    Just an FYI but Drye has updated the OP of the [H2P] Shadow Haste Break Points thread incorporating all the math that's been done in the last week and presenting it in a user friendly way

    That will basically answer your "Should I be gemming Haste?" question.

  11. #11
    Blademaster Trigaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Nagrand
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbeefy View Post
    always multidot. single target feng i do about 65k dps, multi dotting on stone guards i've done 95k.

    mind blast is our most important spell. cast it as often as possible, only delay it to get off a 3 orb dp or to avoid dying. on the stone dogs take... i think its divine insight?... the talent that your swp ticks can proc mb and win
    One of the problems with multi dotting for me is that by the time the first dots are on and then the second set on the next mob, the first set are running out so im constantly dotting

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkozz View Post
    No Meta Gem
    Missing Living Steel Belt Buckle
    Missing shoulder enchant [Inscription]
    2 Green Trinkets > Should upgrade to 463+
    Not all of youre gems are optimal ( never gem full int , 320 haste > 160 int, so red sockets should be 80int160haste)
    try to reach 8000 haste cap

    Fix this and your dps will increase significantly.
    Only gem this way when you will actually reach 8085 by doing so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •