Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will The Raid on Org Be a Joint/Shared/Co-op Raid?

Will it be Co-op , Horde “traitors” plus alliance make up a 25 man (or maybe more). Very doubtful that alliance would want to cooperate at all at that point on the xpac. Maybe the “new” horde doesn't need help(or maybe the split has severely crippled the horde).

Shared:

There are 3 entrances to Org(4 if we come from the air), Maybe one raid made up of alliance (plus their heros) take the front, the “new” horde take the back (with thrall) and meet in the middle? Maybe its an instanced zone where the 2 factions race to take down garrosh.

After the alliance take down garrosh, maybe they feel like sacking org? Horde show up first and deal with garrosh, try to put defense against an entire alliance raid in their capital? Even after dealing with the warchief, maybe this war has left a bad taste in everybody's mouth and both sides feel like settling the war right there and then?

I dont know how well a heroic/normal version would work with alliance/horde joint raid. Probably to much of a pain in the ass for 2 guilds to get together.

2 raids (normal/heroic) in the same shared instance zone could be like wintergrasp/tol barad how they started every couple hours.

But LFR with a built in que wouldn't be too bad for either?

Blizzard knows they can't keep doing the same thing over and over, They might feel like changing things up. This would feel way more epic than a normal patch with another raid for end game.

Sry if this topic/ideas has been brought up a million times.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be all the same thing I believe.
    Doubt they will make it two different versions of the raid, that's like. EFFORT.

It won't make sense if it's just 10-25 alliance in there by themselves, so some notable neutral horde will be there with them.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would be really be surprised if it was Co-Op
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

when tha time comes dat ya failure is complete and ya "power" is meaningless, I will be dere to end ya rule, swiftly and silently. Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya heart.

VOL'JIN FOR WARCHIEF! VIVA LA RESISTANCE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Coop/joint raids/dungeons will NEVER happen..

There isn't a single Horde player, who would sink so low, that he/she wouls heal an alliance player, or taunt off a mob, which is attacking an alliance player..

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it highly that they would make it possible to group with players of the opposing faction for this. Even if they could, theres been so much bad blood between horde and alliance, the odds of the senseless, puerile name calling and childish banter would make raiding impossible.
    #boycottchina

Please no. That will make all the effort invested on MoP (pvp) go through the toilet.

Deleted
    The first few bosses will be different probably, but the end will be the same for everyone.

It will probably be like the wrathgate thing in undercity where both sides go in from different angles and meet up at some point. Players from the other faction won't be involved but horde and ally npcs will make a huge role.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recon one of the bosses will be a large encounter with your faction squaring off against a boss team of the opposing faction, like Totc did, only they will be lead by a faction leader, like perhaps Tyrande or Jaina for the alliance, or Vol'jin or Baine for the horde, and yet well we fight them, when the boss we're fighting reaches 1% the fight is broken up and called to a halt by either Varian or Thrall, where they call a temporary ceasefire so they can deal with Garrosh's minions.
    #boycottchina

yeaaah no sorry
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    I wont be taking part in either, all I see is a lot of horde and alliance fairys working together skipping under the org gates hand in hand when they should be slaying one another under the COMMAND of garrosh.

traitors to the faction nothing but.

It wont be co-op, and it wont be different bosses. It will be a normal raid, a good one no doubt, but a normal raid nevertheless. Cross faction raiding will never happen, mark my words.

And why wont there be different bosses for each faction? Because it will severely mess up the progression race, since inevitably, one faction will have an easier boss than the other, unless they made the bosses different but gave them the exact same fight. But then what would be the point?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I think more likely we'll have slightly different versions of the instance for the two factions. Perhaps the Horde and Alliance will storm different gates and have different (if mechanically identical) bosses for the first two or three encounters.

A co-op raid doesn't really work because it would be too hard to manage. Progression guilds would suddenly be forced to form alliance cross-faction, and this could create serious problems for servers with a lopsided Horde:Alliance ratios.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

They bombed Theramore. Let's flatten it, and make sure no one escapes. Blood for blood.

On Topic: I would be really surprised seeing any cross-faction raid in MOP just because it's such a war themed expansion. However I've thought about that idea and I'd really expect that to happen for something epic like Sargeras.
    Last edited by Pandaemic; 2012-10-29 at 03:19 PM.

Most likely the same with slight differences, like ICC. Would be ace if the encounter mechanics were exactly the same, but the environments were different. Orgrimmar has three entrances after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    lore wise. The horde and alliance will join forces.
    gameplay wise: look at icecrown?

No Tusk Club.

How would that work on unbalanced servers? Azjol-Nerub EU has like 2 horde 10m's, so we as a 25m will never be able to complete the raid since there is no 25m horde raid to work with?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    lore wise. The horde and alliance will join forces.
    gameplay wise: look at icecrown?
    It never said we "joined forces"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    It never said we "joined forces"...
    its almost the only way to do it. Mist of Pandaria is basicly the middle part and the end of this race war.

No Tusk Club.