Poll: Select

Thread: Red = Dead?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Red = Dead?

Not a hard question, Don't debate nothing zero none of that meaning don't question others or even try to counter them. It's either a simple yes or a simple no nothing more all though you can give it a reason to why you choose that yes or no but It's not needed.

Do you follow this well lets say ''Code''?

- Why yes I do regardless of outcome.

Your turn ~

Yes, but only if they are level appropriate, I do not kill folks levels and levels below me, I don't mind jumping into a levels above me all odds stacked against me though Can be fun!

The RP of my character is that the Alliance betrayed the Blood Elves and now she's sworn vengeance on all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I am farming/leveling, I usually leave other people alone so they won't bother me

beyond that, it's an issue of whether or not i can be arsed to mess with someone

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the middle. Back when my rogue was on a PvP server, yes, every time. It didn't matter the level or anything, the feel of sneaking up to an unsuspecting victim and taking them out by any means necessary was quite fun.

Any other class? Probably not. I'll jump into an already heated battle, but I wouldn't stop to pick one.

Deleted
    Yes. I will assess the situation, and if I feel I stand a good chance of taking them out then I will kill them. Regardless of level. The only time I don't engage in world pvp is when im doing dailies, at which time I wanna finish them as quick as possible. The way I see it, if your flagged for pvp, expect to be challenged.

I don't camp them though. If I see them again a few minutes later still flagged though, they can expect another corpse run.
    Last edited by mmoc1fee0e8527; 2012-10-29 at 05:09 AM.

Deleted
    I always do, even if I know I can't kill them, I'll just try and annoy them as much as possible then nitro boost/parachute/vanish away etc

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the only good Alliance is dead Alliance
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only if said red is within 2 levels up/down of me. I don't grief and I don't run headlong into a corpse run.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

No. You're just being a dick and trying to justify it by saying, " but dood, its a PVP server ". Regardless, you're just being a dick killing someone levels below you. And you're a total douche nozzle if you decide to camp them.

However, if you are for example level 34 and you decide to kill someone level 30, ( within 4 levels of you ) then that's cool, but don't do it when they are fighting a npc or under 80% health. And only do it once. Camping is just so lame. Don't you have better things to do?

For me however, I don't do it. I only attack if I'm attacked first. I try to not be a d-bag.

Not unless they're out attacking stuff from my faction.
    You can get tagged by being shot at while flying over some place, after all. It's not exactly good sports to kill someone because they made a navigation mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on my mood and what the red is doing.

God, no. I would never start a fight with the other faction unless they were attacking one of my own. It's counter-productive to non-PVP gameplay and just feels wrong. That's talking about the same level as me. If they're far below me, like grey to me, then I honestly consider it to be the same as signing up for a paintball match then running straight to the little kid's area.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    When I still played, I would gank any alliance or horde depending on what character I was on. I wasn't biased towards either... I just saw it as killing another player in game. It's fun, it's like joining a CS:S server and killing people, it's just part of the game. I don't farm, because that's something you wouldn't do in CS:S either... you go on with your objective and if someone happens to come across your path, you kill them. If you hate getting killed, join a PvE server. Not sure how often people have to tell people that, it's quite simple.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't kill people regardless of level unless they attack me first. I don't see anything wrong with killing people once or twice or even more if they continuously assault you, but griefing people over and over is just pretty pathetic if you ask me. It's even more sad if you do it in groups imo.

I prefer a reasonably fair fight, otherwise there's no thrill. Three levels below me and up is my general range.

While I get why some people do it (sometimes a kill is a kill), I never attack anyone minding their own business.

Only time I will take part in world pvp is when:
    A) I am minding my own business and am attacked
    B) I see somebody of the same faction minding their own business and they are attacked
    C) Revenge on somebody of the opposite faction (99% of the time for killing me before-hand)
    D) In the rare chance of a giant ass battle of 10+ v 10+...why the hell not
    E) World bosses...dat Galleon

Thats it. But it does leave me to wonder as somebody who has only been on a PvP server since this past summer, what the point of a PvP server really is outside of ganking people who are otherwise minding their own business. Want an honorable duel between 2 ready foes? You can do that on a PvE server with /duel. Want the constant threat of being attackable at any moment by a challenger? Just turn on pvp on a PvE server.

The only reasons I can see besides ganking are to gather like-minded PvP lovers in the same server, World BGs (aka TM vs SS) and I dont think those really even exist anymore (do correct me if I'm wrong), and RP value. But is that enough of a reason to justify the pure amount of assholeness (thats a word now) that gets clustered onto a PvP server? Beats me.

Side note, I'm on a pvp server because our old server more or less died and it oh so happened that a PvP server was the right pop size, right faction balance, right server time, and right server location. So meh. And before anyone says "dont like PvP? dont be on a PvP server", I'm casual at this point so rather not spend the money to transfer back my 3 chars.

I'm a monk, it's against my nature.

But really though, If someone is stupid enough to try and kill me I let them try.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you wanted peace, should have rolled on a PvE server.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Only if level appropriate and I have been attacked first. Otherwise I tend to ignore them.