Poll: Select

Thread: Red = Dead?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    yes if its a fair fight.. aka 90 vs 90.

no if its 90 vs 89 or below.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if they provoke me. Granted, I play on a PvE server lol. There have been several times when I've run by a hordie who was flagged (and usually my level) but I just kept going. I'm assuming he just dropped out of a BG or something; I didn't see any corpses on the ground. If someone continually tries to annoy me and they are flagged, I will attempt to rock their world. But otherwise, I don't care if you're flagged or not, just move along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    No. You're just being a dick and trying to justify it by saying, " but dood, its a PVP server ". Regardless, you're just being a dick killing someone levels below you. And you're a total douche nozzle if you decide to camp them.

However, if you are for example level 34 and you decide to kill someone level 30, ( within 4 levels of you ) then that's cool, but don't do it when they are fighting a npc or under 80% health. And only do it once. Camping is just so lame. Don't you have better things to do?

For me however, I don't do it. I only attack if I'm attacked first. I try to not be a d-bag.
    Wow man you got some insecurity issues.
    It's a game, I would camp you until you relog and tell me how much of a dick I am .

Nope not for me... If they attack me then yeah ill fight back. But if not ill leave them be... I just want to do my thing just like they do..
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Deleted
    Yes, every time.
    I'm on a pve server, sp if I see someone pvp flagged I can only assume they're asking for it. And I'll happily give it to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since my server is grossly-overpopulated on the Alliance side (and it's a PvP server), and Horde are a rarity, I figure they have it hard enough as it is. So if I see a Horde, no matter what level they are, I like to make it at least a little fair.

So I flip a coin. Or rather, I roll 1-2. If I get a 1, they live. If I get a 2, they die.

RNG decides a lot in this game, so it's only fair that it decides whether or not I'm about to rudely interrupt your questing spree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I fight honorably that is I do not poach people not my level, I do not sit around waiting for the other person to engage something else either, I do not kill an enemy who is at 1/4 HP. I think those who do these things are cowards and if they kill me this way I hunt them down and then proceed to make them miserable.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're blue make them bleed so they'll die.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

There's no challenge in fighting somebody of a lower level then yourself as there's no real challenge. Part of the enjoyment of PvP is the challenge of it being "you vs him", this doesn't happen when the outcome is so bluntly obvious.

Also for the other person it's usually annoying regardless of the fact they may have accepted such things happen on a PvP server, as being picked on by somebody you have no power over is always going to lead to you getting the hump over it. I'd like to believe that I respect other players as I'd like to be if I were in their shoes.

It's because of the fact I rarely get people using the same sort of empathy to me when I'm levelling that I just wound up migrating my PvE toons to Normal server.

im not on a pvp server, but if i see a random person flagged for pvp in the middle of nowhere i do try to kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    No. You're just being a dick and trying to justify it by saying, " but dood, its a PVP server ". Regardless, you're just being a dick killing someone levels below you. And you're a total douche nozzle if you decide to camp them.

However, if you are for example level 34 and you decide to kill someone level 30, ( within 4 levels of you ) then that's cool, but don't do it when they are fighting a npc or under 80% health. And only do it once. Camping is just so lame. Don't you have better things to do?

For me however, I don't do it. I only attack if I'm attacked first. I try to not be a d-bag.
    Calm your shit down. No need to be emo over a game. OP isn't coming across as a dick. You are.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes i will kill every red i see, low or high level i dont care.

But i wont grind low levels in Outland for example, that i what i see some people do. (pathetic)

Not Really.
    Sometimes I will kill them if they are being a dick or if I'm feeling like a dick, but usually I help them/leave them alone. It may be because I play both factions.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since I play elem with name plates with class colors turned on, PvP realm, red = mob = dead or "oh shit I pulled a death knight". Anyone near the edge of a cliff is subject to immediate thunderstorming. Any non-tank with 4 or more non-swarm mobs on them may be subject to chain lightning, at my discretion.

No, it's just retarded. Why? Because the game is so imbalanced on 1 vs 1 it makes no sense. Not even considering the level difference or the gear difference, but even the classes are not designed for that kind of gameplay.

It's really not about PvE or PvP server, it's about "what the fuck do you find fun in killing things that present no challenge?". Because I was attacked 99% of the times either when I was low level or when I was fighting like 4 mobs.

Now the worst thing is that those attacking low levels with no reason are actually psychopaths by the book. It's kind of disturbing I have to play a game with psychopaths around, I always wonder how are they in real life, what dark urges flow through them and what are the chances they will develop into some serial killers. They use to ask if one was cruel to the animals but it's just the same to ask "red = dead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I usually only fight and kill decent opponents with a certain level of honor.

But there is also vengeance, if someone outnumbered/killed me Afk/ganked or wtv = dead 3+ times no escape from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.
    If someones in my way, stealing my nodes/quest nodes/mobs, They will die. Doesn't matter what level they are.
    Lucky for lowbies I've finished leveling up mining/engineer.
    I don't camp lowbies, I just one hit them, /sorry, take the node and leave.

While doing my dailies I don't touch alliance unless they touch me first.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I don't bother anybody unless they attack me first, but every single time someone does attack me they seem to end up trying to run away for some reason...

Yes, always, forever. Why? Meh, lets out that "MURDER EVERYTHING" urge. Low levels? Tab, fel flame. High levels? Wind up a chaos bolt and watch the hp bar drop faster than a fat kid down a stairs next to a cake factory. Hell, the other day me and some guildies camped the blackmarket AH so our MT could get this heroic necklace without alliance bidding on it. Good times...good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Calm your shit down. No need to be emo over a game. OP isn't coming across as a dick. You are.
    Can't agree with you there. His specific example of what makes you a "total douche nozzle" is camping. That's harassment. That's a violation of the friggin TOS, by the way.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."