Poll: Select

Thread: Red = Dead?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Can't agree with you there. His specific example of what makes you a "total douche nozzle" is camping. That's harassment. That's a violation of the friggin TOS, by the way.
    No, he was responding to the OP which said nothing of camping or harassing. Nothing of what the OP said is "Against the ToS". The dude's just angry and a hypocrite. The whole "I deserve to be an asshole to you for being an asshole for doing X" is hilarious.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    No. You're just being a dick and trying to justify it by saying, " but dood, its a PVP server ". Regardless, you're just being a dick killing someone levels below you. And you're a total douche nozzle if you decide to camp them.

However, if you are for example level 34 and you decide to kill someone level 30, ( within 4 levels of you ) then that's cool, but don't do it when they are fighting a npc or under 80% health. And only do it once. Camping is just so lame. Don't you have better things to do?

For me however, I don't do it. I only attack if I'm attacked first. I try to not be a d-bag.
    This is my whole philosophy. I've been leveling a monk and I just gave up when I got to outlands. Too many people still camping HH killing low levels and quest NPCs for hours on end. Then all the ignorant people in trade saying "lol dude ur on a pvp server duh", actually no killing quest NPCs isn't "PvP".

10+ Year Old Account
    Red = Dead IMO no questions asked, I've done it to the point of stupidity where I am hopelessly outnumbered just so I can try to kill one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    This is my whole philosophy. I've been leveling a monk and I just gave up when I got to outlands. Too many people still camping HH killing low levels and quest NPCs for hours on end. Then all the ignorant people in trade saying "lol dude ur on a pvp server duh", actually no killing quest NPCs isn't "PvP".
    It's laying waste to the opposite faction, which is the very core of what WoW is about. Approved.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    No, it's just retarded. Why? Because the game is so imbalanced on 1 vs 1 it makes no sense. Not even considering the level difference or the gear difference, but even the classes are not designed for that kind of gameplay.
    "
    Yeah, hasent Blizzard already said that they dont balance PvP around 1v1 scenarios
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I will merciless annihilate any flagged horde that gives an honourable kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    More Yes than No? I smell bullshit... most Alliances seem to leave me be when I'm questing, then again I'm a rogue engineer which means I don't get ganked unless I want to.

I don't do much ganking either, I'm great at evading combat and running away from it, but I'm not a very stellar PvPer. I play in a PvP server but I'm probably the only full-PvE rogue in the game. :P

Deleted
    often when i see a red tag its red=dead. unless i notice im severely outnumbered that i myself might be killed during the red=dead or shortly after.
    in such a case i might consider skipping it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Something is very wrong when "It's a PvP server" no longer qualifies as an "excuse" for being subjected to PvP, no matter if it was honorable or not.

Ps, Red Dead
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Usually. If it seems It's a bad choice for me, as in I'll probably die myself, I won't bother. But yes, usually Red = Dead.

Deleted
    Usually.

But I surprise myself at times. The other day, I was farming thorium and a goblin was being slaughtered by too many mobs. I flew down, killed them, saluted him and flew off.

Almost never. I actually get annoyed when hordies are PvP tagged because it means I have to be extra careful with where I click (RP-PvE realm). But no, I hate PvP so refuse to take part in it 99 times out of 100. I won't even defend myself if someone attacks me because I got accidentally flagged.

That said, there appears to be one exception: if someone attacks one of my guildies. I'll defend them with my life, lol.

Deleted
    is there any other option? of course I do! faction rivalry is one of the great things about this game, I couldn't care less if someones level above me or 89 levels below, in the case of those players if they're not paying attention to their surroundings and are silly enough to wander into my path they get what they deserve.....alliance are nothing but rats to combat at the point of a sword!

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 11:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    No. You're just being a dick and trying to justify it by saying, " but dood, its a PVP server ". Regardless, you're just being a dick killing someone levels below you. And you're a total douche nozzle if you decide to camp them.

However, if you are for example level 34 and you decide to kill someone level 30, ( within 4 levels of you ) then that's cool, but don't do it when they are fighting a npc or under 80% health. And only do it once. Camping is just so lame. Don't you have better things to do?

For me however, I don't do it. I only attack if I'm attacked first. I try to not be a d-bag.

So killing people on a pvp server is a douche? dude we play rival factions we are not their to make the other sides life easy, as far as ganking goes well thats what I like about pvp servers it adds the danger element to the game when your a low level and then when your leveled up you can go on the hunt yourself, Id call you a douche for rolling on a pvp server and expecting people to be nice to you haha

I play on PVE realm, so I see world PVP as a time sink that doesn't really add any value to the game. In Vanilla and TBC I used to gank people and such, same in WOTLK near the Ulduar stone, but it just isn't really that fun to me anymore.

No - I am on a PvP server but I never attack people unless they attack me first because I would rather be doing what I was meant to do in the area instead of picking a fight with a random alliance

Deleted
    Yes of course. They usually kill me first though...

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    No, it's just retarded. Why? Because the game is so imbalanced on 1 vs 1 it makes no sense. Not even considering the level difference or the gear difference, but even the classes are not designed for that kind of gameplay.

It's really not about PvE or PvP server, it's about "what the fuck do you find fun in killing things that present no challenge?". Because I was attacked 99% of the times either when I was low level or when I was fighting like 4 mobs.

Now the worst thing is that those attacking low levels with no reason are actually psychopaths by the book. It's kind of disturbing I have to play a game with psychopaths around, I always wonder how are they in real life, what dark urges flow through them and what are the chances they will develop into some serial killers. They use to ask if one was cruel to the animals but it's just the same to ask "red = dead?"
    Killing someone in a game with no psychological repercussions is massively different to going round your mates and strangling his dog because you "felt like it". Don't even try to make out that because someone finds enjoyment in PVP killing another player that they are going to become a serial killer, you're just an idiot.

You're clearly extremely butt hurt you got ganked to hell. You think your experience was bad, try levelling back in vanilla STV.

You have two choices, man the hell up or go roll on a PVE server.

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-29 at 01:16 PM.

It depends, usually theres a compromise between factions when leveling, but when i'm doing dailies or just roaming around, i'l attack anyone at my level.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Even though I play on a PvP realm, no.
    I usually only meet people from the opposite faction while doing dailies and considering what a hell dailies are, I don't really want to make that other person's session of playing more depressing than it already is (and vice versa, I never get attacked).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    I went with 'Yes' because I don't consider a player to have been actually 'defeated' until they log off (character death is far more temporary) and I expect the exact same attitude from every other player I meet on a PvP realm.
    So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    This is also why I only play on PvE realms.
    Haha, that final flourish puts this in the top 10 funniest things I've read on here. Well played.