Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I've geared 3 characters to BiS 5m gear and I've never seen any of them drop.

Deleted
    seen a few including the 1 hand sword from stormstout that got ninja'd by the healer..

I'm lucky I got the epic mace at the end of Jade serpent heroic, I almost pooped myself.

http://bit.ly/12e7MsQ <--- My New Monk Main

Deleted
    it's not meant to be farmed, getting epics is always fun, and not expecting to get one and still getting one is even more fun!

Another funny idea sure to cause some bubbles in the gravy. If the only people who got to use "epics" were those who needed them for their raid tiers, why not restrict that gear to only being usable in the raid and nowhere else?
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Got the staff from scholo on my warlock in my first HC

Deleted
    Well... for some reason blizzard decided to not put in a single hc epic which guardian and feral druids can use... i guess i'm fine with not having to run that every day :P

10+ Year Old Account
    rng is rng, got bow on warlock and caster staff on hunter... fu game

Quote Originally Posted by TDrog View Post
    Saw 1 staff from Scholo (6 runs or so), and 2 Jade Temple maces (3 runs or so...), but that f*** bow isn't dropping (32nd kill today, 33 soon).
    Random is random, but yeah it's so low that really you'd rather get something from raid.
    be happy you even got an epic weapon from dungeons.
    *sulk*
    <--- melee DPS(plate)

I have 1 fist from monastery. Still hunting for second one every day...

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Answered your own question there. It's meant to be a pleasant surprise for completing the instance, at worst a carrot on a stick for the less intellectually capable.
    Hey! How dare you question my intelligence? I did Shado-Pan for a week, and it paid off. Now I just need to do keep doing it until I either get lucky with another fist, or get one from normal MSV.

I see it the same way as Apathy, they're mainly there as a homage to the Vanilla epics, and as a pleasant surprise for lucky people(like me. It dropped, the shaman in the group wasn't a dick, and I won it with a 100)

I've seen 2 epics drop so far. The Mogu'shan 2h sword and the fist I'm using. And I've done way too many heroics for my own good.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    a carrot on a stick for the less intellectually capable.
    nicely put

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Another funny idea sure to cause some bubbles in the gravy. If the only people who got to use "epics" were those who needed them for their raid tiers, why not restrict that gear to only being usable in the raid and nowhere else?
    i may have misunderstood the whole thread, but i think its about those 0.2% drop chance epics from heroics, not epics from heroics in general
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

I don't run many 5 mans and I have seen well over a dozen epics drop so far. I have a hard time believing the drop rate is that low. Almost every dps caster in the guild has or had the scholo staff.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    i know there's a 2hander that drops in Palace, but can't find it in dungeon journal, all the other epics i can find.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Dailies = fastest, heroics = easiest.
    So you find dailies harder than a dungeon? Least during dailies ya aint gotta bother bout everyone else.
    I guess your avatar says it all. Gnomes

They made the same mistake re the JP gear needing rep to begin with, by the time I had teh required rep I already had better gear from heroics.

These items are pointless, as well as not being in the game, becuase by the time it actually drops you will most likely have better gear from raids.

I got my epic sword from Mogu'shan Palace on my second and last run. I honestly don't believe its 0.2%, it's gotta be something higher than that.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-10-29 at 01:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    I personally thought it was a homage to the vanilla type of ''epic'' drops aka Runeblade of Rivendare / Darkmasters staff
    Yeah, that was the idea most likely. You shouldn't consider dungeons a viable way to get an epic weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Drdraenei View Post
    They made the same mistake re the JP gear needing rep to begin with, by the time I had teh required rep I already had better gear from heroics.

These items are pointless, as well as not being in the game, becuase by the time it actually drops you will most likely have better gear from raids.
    There have been a few of these and replies like this make me laugh at how dense some people can be.

Just because something is in the game, doesn't mean it was meant for you to get or targeted at people who do content like you do. So no, it is not something Blizzard needs to "fix". Nothing is broken. For the people whom such things are targeted at, or the purpose for which it exists in the game, it is working perfectly.

Epic weapons from heroics have super low drop rate, meaning the average raider will have gotten better from raids before they see it? Epics in the first tier of heroics are meant to be a "bonus", or something for people who NEVER raid to chase. Not something farmable within a few weeks of heroic grinding. Working as intended.

JP/Valor gear made pointless by the time you can get it? Gear from points is not meant to be a primary source of gearing like it was in Wrath/Cata. Gear is supposed to come from drops. Working as intended.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2012-10-29 at 02:14 PM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.