ep weights from simcraft?

Used simcraft to get a close estimate of the stat weights for my personal character, but can these "weights" be placed into reforgelite and used? I believe they differ slightly from "EP" weight scaling (I think), so I divided the numbers from the attack power rating I got... the results seemed to be on par to where my scores would be once I hit BiS (from the EP weights found on EJ).

Seemed to work just fine last raid... and agi is currently favored for me over full haste for gemming purposes (playing combat atm), but I can see haste will trump it shortly as I get more gear.

I could not figure out how to get a "weight" of hit that surpasses hit cap though. On EJ it drops below crit, so I just made a number temporary that was under the crit rating. Is this the case regardless of gear or no?

Simcraft counts over hit/exp caps and what it gives you are not capped hit/exp weights.

Anyway, generally the weight of hit/exp over cap is so low that it's not significant the correct value, but when you know it's under every other stat you basically want to reforge it out in any case.

You can use them in reforgelite. I prefer askmrrobot with the same custom weights, but they are 2 different ways to achieve the same results.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The trouble with getting scaling values for capped stats is if you are over the cap. Say you're 300 points over hit cap. It simulates at your current hit, then subtracts 1000 hit, re-sims and notes the dps loss. It then calculates the scaling as (high_hit_dps - low_hit_dps) / 1000. If you're 300 points over cap, that undervalues your yellow hit scaling by about 20% (the actual amount of undervaluing depends on how far over cap you are and what your yellow vs white hit scaling REALLY is).

When I get my hit and expertise scaling values from simcraft, I manually set hit and expertise to exactly cap (2550), and then scale once with negative delta, and once with positive delta. negative = yellow, positive = white. I only do this with hit & expertise. I do not change the amount of hit or expertise to get scaling values for crit, haste, or mastery.

awesome, thx! I'll do that next time I get a few new pieces of loot.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    The trouble with getting scaling values for capped stats is if you are over the cap. Say you're 300 points over hit cap. It simulates at your current hit, then subtracts 1000 hit, re-sims and notes the dps loss. It then calculates the scaling as (high_hit_dps - low_hit_dps) / 1000. If you're 300 points over cap, that undervalues your yellow hit scaling by about 20% (the actual amount of undervaluing depends on how far over cap you are and what your yellow vs white hit scaling REALLY is).

When I get my hit and expertise scaling values from simcraft, I manually set hit and expertise to exactly cap (2550), and then scale once with negative delta, and once with positive delta. negative = yellow, positive = white. I only do this with hit & expertise. I do not change the amount of hit or expertise to get scaling values for crit, haste, or mastery.
    Definitely an interesting approach, going to try it and see what askmrrobot suggests me to reforge/regem.

EDIT: if it's a good thing and provides good results, i think i'm going to add an "how to simcraft" in my pve guide. Obviously going to credit your job, if it's not a problem for you.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post

That's not correct. To take your example, SimC will calculate it as (high_hit_dps - low_hit_dps) / 700.

That simple solution/hack has its own problems: It will fail if you're around 1000 ratings over the cap, and it will increases the statistical error the further you're over the cap. So your manual adjustment still is the better option, but not as easily implemented.