Lightbulb Best thing to use Scroll off Wisdoms for? (Inscription)

I have recently maxed out Inscription and am wondering what to do with my scroll of wisdoms? I could make Darkmoon cards but as I'd have to buy the Starlight ink or loads of herbs to mill it and some of the ox cards go for 500g on my server I may make a loss, I might be lucky and get a card worth 3k, worth the chance?

or do I make an epic offhand, they are on the AH for about 7-8k, do they sell well?

Or any other ideas?!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

I've been making my cards daily. I almost have 2 complete decks with only doing a couple trades. Getting the Starlight Ink isnt that bad because you do get Misty Pigments from milling and you also can trade your Ink of Dreams for StarLight Ink in Orgrimmar at the Ink Trader. I usually farm for about an hour a day and I can make/trade enough to get 2 days worth of StarLight inks. My server is kind of dead though so herbing hasn't been a problem.

But totally up to you, I am only doing the cards because I want to get the trinkets for raiding. Comes down to what you see as important!

Epic off hands are more reliable....less RNG as to what cards you are going to get.

Also don't sell your cards if the Fair isn't in town.... They go up in price drastically when people can actually do something with the deck rather then take up bag space.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on a fairly high pop server and during fair week, people 'sell' their scrolls for 1k and make cards for people that provide mats. May want to consider that as an option!
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    On my server, starlight = 350g if I mill it myself, 500-600g if I straight AH it. I usually go for straight AH. Ox Deck will probably sell for 10k come faire, so even at 600g for a card, that's a profit. The other decks sell for about 25k right now, so maybe 30-35k during faire, either way, large profit. You make a lot more per scroll making cards / decks, but yeah you could get 3 ox in a row and break even/lose.

Quote Originally Posted by doggz109 View Post
    Epic off hands are more reliable....less RNG as to what cards you are going to get.
    The caveat with the fans is that they take a SoH to make the inscribed fan. So if your scribe is an alt, you either have to buy the inscribed fan off the AH, or this isn't an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent about 3.5k on Fool's Cap last night (35 stacks) and made six cards. One card will cover the cost of the shrooms, the rest of the cards are straight bank. I consider that the best use imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to sell mine for around 1k a lot of the times because its a guaranteed small profit per day for doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by doggz109 View Post
    Not even close. I've only had 2 times where I've gotten Ox on 2/3 of my Scribes, while you have to wait five days on a single Scribe just to get one off-hand, it's definitely more worthwhile to make cards. Plus they take a SoH, definitely won't be farming that on my alt. Sometimes you get lucky within that 5 day span and you have a card worth half, or just as much as one of those off-hands. A single item, for doing nothing but milling for ~5-10 minutes. Hell, even if I got Ox 3/3 for 5 days straight, I'd still come up on profit compared to the off-hand.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2012-10-31 at 03:59 AM.

Also, I've now made 2 decks (serpent and tiger) should I sell the trinkets as soon as the faire comes around or after? do you expect the trinkets to fall in price and keep dropping from now on or pick up after the faire?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

@ChrisLis - The cards will be like they are now after the faire, while trinkets will be higher, and vice versa during the faire. I'd personally wait until after it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Merite View Post
    On my server, starlight = 350g if I mill it myself, 500-600g if I straight AH it. I usually go for straight AH. Ox Deck will probably sell for 10k come faire, so even at 600g for a card, that's a profit. The other decks sell for about 25k right now, so maybe 30-35k during faire, either way, large profit. You make a lot more per scroll making cards / decks, but yeah you could get 3 ox in a row and break even/lose.
    500-600g for 10 starlight inks? Im on a very high pop server and they are between 90-100g each and the decks sell for about the same prices as yours meaning an ox deck nets no profit but the others are respectable if you can actually make a deck.

Right now (in my server Silvermoon at least); selling Darkmoon Card CD is the best way to get gold with Insc. They go from 800g-1200g, and the only mats you use is the cheap inks and a few papers.

Do NOT make the cards in Darkmoon weeks. Gather them and sell the CD's a week or two after Faire. That's the price peak for them.