Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Orgrimmar raid another Dragonsoul?

Ever since first hearing that Garrosh will be the final boss of the expansion I've felt nothing but indifference, bordering on disappointment. I'm not excited by the prospect of it at all, and to be honest, it sounds like a very easy way for Blizzard to be lazy again. In my heart I sense another Dragonsoul, where we will be fighting some random horde related characters that no one really cares about, in what is essentially just Orgrimmar, like Dragonblight was reused for dragon soul.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-10-29 at 01:51 PM.

They didn't reuse Borean Tundra for dragon soul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    They did, and now that I think about it, they reused some more environments as well.

I completely agree with you on this one, I hated Dragon soul, to me, it wasn't new content, it was recycled content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    They did, and now that I think about it, they reused some more environments as well.
    Wyrmrest Temple is not located in Borean Tundra.

Also, since we are on the subject of woefully wrong information, please describe exactly where the giant gaping Maw of the servants of an old God are in The Dragonblight (which is where Wyrmrest Temple actually is). Also, while you are doing that, please bother to explore the Temple and the surrounding areas, you will notice that the Chamber of the Aspects is destroyed, following the events in the novels, among several other small details.

Really, other than the fact that the base model for the temple was used, and the area around it is white, there is very little "copy paste" involved. It just looks similar because it is based on a future version of an area we have all visited. I am sure the Siege of Ogrimmar will also look very similar to Ogrimmar itself - likely with more complete defensive structures. Not because they are lazy - but because if the ultimate goal of an expansion is to unseat a Tyrant in his capital city, he isn't going to build a giant floating city in the sky just so you can see how wealthy he is.
    Last edited by Anjerith; 2012-10-29 at 01:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dragonblight
    Sig by Safhira

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Wyrmrest Temple is not located in Borean Tundra.
    Woops. Dragonblight.

They did not reuse Borean Tundra. I believe you're referring to Dragonblight

Deleted
    I must say, I do not really see the point about worrying about what will be the end of the MoP expansion when it has hardly even begun yet. Alot of story remains to be unveiled untill then, I am quite certain that we will get familiarized with potential individuals before they actually release the raid tier. I somehow doubt we will be rushing into the valley of strength and fight Gamon.

They used Dragonblight, not Borean Tundra. The only aspect of Borean Tundra that was used was the interior of the Eye of Eternity raid, which is technically in Coldarra.
    And in regards to Dragonblight, they did make quite a few modifications to it, if you couldn't tell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    they reused the basic map then heavily modified it, that's enough for people to complain about.

but even if they do use Org as the final raid the entire city if built to be fortified, since cata they have been building up war machines, the fortifications and flow of raid Org could be very different to what they are now, as for random horde bosses, sure there might be some horde races but we don't know what garrosh does that causes everyone to turn on him, we don't know who he makes deals with, we don't know what other forces he enlists to help with the war, so depending how this escalates the bosses could be very different, the new RFC and theramore scenario are already showing there could be a lot more to it than just a few loyal horde guys.

How about you worry about the 16 new bosses in new exciting looking zones first and worry about the final boss of the expansion when we get around to him.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    A world isn't just a bundle of content, where newer is always better. Worlds have important places, which we should expect to see multiple times. Almost by definition, if a place is important, you're going to see it again at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    we don't know who he makes deals with, we don't know what other forces he enlists to help with the war.
    Goddamn Quillboar.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I really hope the Orgrimmar raid gets scrapped unless Blizzard has something big planned. Tier 14 feels amazing, as did Tier 11. Let's hope MoP only goes forward, instead of Cata where each tier felt like it had a quarter the effort put into it than the previous one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cingcena View Post
    I completely agree with you on this one, I hated Dragon soul, to me, it wasn't new content, it was recycled content.
    I get cancer everytime I hear something stupid like that.

Really? It was recycled content because the environment looked almost like Dragonblight? It was the same content? So in the raid you had to do the quests in Dragonbligtht again? You understimated the work needed for this, there is a feeling presented as something gets destroyed you know. But you say it's "recycled" content...dunno, but research the word recycled.

sooo....things are never suppossed to happen in places that are already there? Dragonblight and Wyrmrest made sense imo, with the story line. Just because it wasn't "omg shinee shinee newww" doesn't mean it sucked. Personally, I hate Garrosh and I'm ready to @#$% him up the @#$ with a tauren sized purple @#%^@#. With no lube.

You always fight some unknown random related character, dragonsoul isn't a exception.

Also the current Ogrimmar layoiut is unfit to be a raid so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the fighting will happen underground or something, at least not directly on the surface.

Also it seems you care more about the dungeon itself then the bosses.....

And as a final note you may mention what you really hate about DS since your aren't really constructive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovechile View Post
    sooo....things are never suppossed to happen in places that are already there? Dragonblight and Wyrmrest made sense imo, with the story line. Just because it wasn't "omg shinee shinee newww" doesn't mean it sucked. Personally, I hate Garrosh and I'm ready to @#$% him up the @#$ with a tauren sized purple @#%^@#. With no lube.
    I genuinely think you are the first person I've ever seen that thinks Dragonsoul didn't suck.

Deleted
    I will admit though that I did not exactly enjoy Dragon soul, most of the fights did feel dull and boring, atleast to me. But heck, looking at what they have thrown at us in Mogu'shans vault. I very much like and enjoy the current raid content, and I hope they will keep adding more interesting fights for the upcoming raid tiers.