Thread: DMF cards/decks

10+ Year Old Account

DMF cards/decks

So I just finished a tigers deck, its only a week to go till dmf do I sit on the deck and get the relic or do I shift the deck now for 40k? Not sure what happens nearer DMF Ive never managed to get a card before.

Deleted
    40k seems low, maybe your servers economy though. Tends to be more demand at DMF time so you maybe able to get price.

i'd love to know too, but i doubt anyone with real knowledge would be prepared to enlighten us.

Deleted
    the price on cards is low after the DMF is over (every one seems to max there scribe as the faire is on) decks sell alot less that they normally do if its not the actuall trinket if u just made it to sell keep it till after the faire and the price will probs be 20-40k more. Decks selling on my server for 30k(oxen)-75k(the rest) and has been the trend since wotlk when fair is over the price usually goes up by quite a bit and prices stay steady for a few months then drop by alot

Deleted
    Tiger decks are going for nearer 100k on my server. Can't hurt to hold onto it until the faire, nothing is happening of note between now and then to deprecate it's value too much. I'm not too much versed this xpac on what is BiS or close to but the convenience of being able to simply buy the trinket should offset any potential losses the other lockout period will bring. While it's a different xpac , Cata DM trinkets didn't lose to much value until 4.3 hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The price on cards and decks seem to be falling at a steady, if not fast pace. The day the DMF ended, I bought six Tigers cards ( had two already ) that totaled 43k and got the agi deck. I tried selling it over the course of the next two weeks starting at 90k and going down. I eventually sold it for 49k, which after the AH cut, came to about 46.5k. 3.5k profit isn't that bad, but if I had bought all of the cards I would've certainly lost money.

Try seeing how much the cards are going for and add up the price of all 8. I'd price a deck slightly higher than that if you plan to sell it. You can always make another deck this way and use it if you plan to, and this way you'll have a bit of extra cash from the initial sale.

Quote Originally Posted by whirlwinds View Post
    the price on cards is low after the DMF is over (every one seems to max there scribe as the faire is on) decks sell alot less that they normally do if its not the actuall trinket if u just made it to sell keep it till after the faire and the price will probs be 20-40k more. Decks selling on my server for 30k(oxen)-75k(the rest) and has been the trend since wotlk when fair is over the price usually goes up by quite a bit and prices stay steady for a few months then drop by alot
    So the price after DMF is.... lower? or higher...

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    The price on cards and decks seem to be falling at a steady, if not fast pace. The day the DMF ended, I bought six Tigers cards ( had two already ) that totaled 43k and got the agi deck. I tried selling it over the course of the next two weeks starting at 90k and going down. I eventually sold it for 49k, which after the AH cut, came to about 46.5k. 3.5k profit isn't that bad, but if I had bought all of the cards I would've certainly lost money.

Try seeing how much the cards are going for and add up the price of all 8. I'd price a deck slightly higher than that if you plan to sell it. You can always make another deck this way and use it if you plan to, and this way you'll have a bit of extra cash from the initial sale.
    Every server is different but i've been selling tiger cards 2-6 for about 3k ea, and 7/8/ace for 5k ea. Buying 6 to complete a deck to sell for 3.5k profit isn't really a profit at all

Deleted
    This is where it helps to really know your market. Decks will go for more as people feel dmf is within their grasp. The gamble you have to think about is that other people are in the same position so there may well be a flood of decks. When DMF gets here then be sure to exachnge for the trinket at least half way though although with Tigers you havea choice of two, so try you brsy yo sell the deck otherwise find out which trinket is in demand. Exchange before dmf leaves. Try listing the auction at a price you are happy with and see if anyone bites as you have nothing to lose. Consider reinvesting the profits into more cards byt after dmf leaves.

when faire is in = cards cost more, trinkets cost less
    when faire is not in = trinkets cost more, cards cost less
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Just bought my serpents deck last night for 20k. pretty cheap no? (stormreaver EU)

Yes thats really cheap. Ive been buying my deck on the AH for past couple weeks. Tigers" And i have infested 27k. They were on AH for 50k when i started buying now they are down to 33k. The tiger deck is BIS trink for melee dps for awhile i believe.I was guessing the price of the deck would be going up the closer the faire gets here But thus far its actually doibg quite the opposite.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

29k for tigers deck and 19k for ox deck on my server

i should just pool my gold, buy out them, and get trinkets and sell them after the DMF is over
    I see Stupid people!

It all depends on your server pop. Economy and amount of raiders.
    My server is low-medium pop with only 2 hardcore raiding guilds.
    I sold my first 4 trinkets for 100k+ then the week after faire 2 more for. 85k.
    Over the next few weeks no one was buyIng the trinkets at 80k all the way down to 60k.
    I had a few caster trinkets not even selling at 50k because the raiders had their trinkets already and casual plebs only care about ilvl and not BIS. I've even had people comment in trade with 'Lol 50k for a 476lelellel'
    Plebs......
    Subsequently with only plebs left to buy my trinkets I'm forecasting moving all of my decks/trinkets this faire for around 20-30k. Lucky to make 10 on an OX.
    Lucky for me I have a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made 4 decks during the past DMF, sold them as relics for between 50-120k each.

Can't say that you'll get as much this DMF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you could sit on it until the Fair then turn it into a trinket, then the day after put it up for the people who just missed it. And price gouge the balls off of em.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

i guess another point is is that they will be a better trinket for 5.1 as well since there is no raid in 5.1
    I see Stupid people!

Deleted
    I just bought serpent's deck for 20k gold ( relic selling at 45k atm ). I just hope the price of the relic will stay at @ 40k at least once dmf hits