Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Spot on. I agree wholeheartedly that the maps are the shining star in this installment. I thoroughly enjoy the nooks and crannies and back routes to avoid choke spots.

Enjoyed myself the most last night just knifing again. Here is just one map I played and scored 27/5 with all knives.

The knife builds look like so much fun! I need to try this tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by bejii View Post
    The knife builds look like so much fun! I need to try this tonight!
    It is super fun especially in Yemen and maps of that sort with lots of routes and nooks to dip into.

It's becoming increasingly more difficult though because I find a lot of people actually doing it now. Nothing more silly than 3 or 4 people per side just running around never finding each other and then determining the kill off of ping advantage on the swing of the knife.

It's still super fun though and I have to do it all over again to get gold unlocked on Ballistic Knife... yay...

Double XP weekend is official over. That means Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 is as well. I know. RIGHT? Don't kill the messenger. Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 will be back for special events. You can always play it with your friends in Custom Games.
    I just don't...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    I just don't...
    This is something I don't even understand! Why even do this?

WTB Player controlled dedicated servers!

On the flip side, some cool news -

Treyarch's antihacking technology (TAH) and (VAC) are working rather rapidly this time around. Checking the rounds of the hacker type forums is revealing nothing but fear and distress for the current hacks available! This is great news. I just read this morning that one of the major hack creators for the COD series is refusing to make one for Blops2
    "Due to the increased security in the game with TAC (Treyarch Anti-Cheat) and possibly VAC, do not expect an external hack to come from me. I'm not going to waste my time and money developing a hack if there is a higher chance of getting banned this time round, nor do I want a "ban(s) on record" message appearing on my profile.
    That is double awesome news. #1 The hacks are being found already. #2 Hackers aren't willing to make publicly free hacks due to #1. And to be honest I've only seen one hacker to date which is about 75% less than most COD games.

So, getting the game tomorrow...how is it guys? Better or worse than MW3? Better than black ops 1? I thought blops 1 was pretty shitty in the grand scheme of things. I LOVED MW2 though, that game was fucking amazing. Is blops 2 comparable? How's sniping? Sorry for all the questions, just so psyched to get my hands on an fps after months without playing thanks to college.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    So, getting the game tomorrow...how is it guys? Better or worse than MW3? Better than black ops 1? I thought blops 1 was pretty shitty in the grand scheme of things. I LOVED MW2 though, that game was fucking amazing. Is blops 2 comparable? How's sniping? Sorry for all the questions, just so psyched to get my hands on an fps after months without playing thanks to college.
    Well read this response with a grain of salt and understand that I find the best in most games I play. Also, this is all obviously my opinion so take it as such.

First, it's better than Blops1 and it's different from MW3. MW3 for me was one of the least favorite installments to date with MW1 being one of the strongest.
    Second, it's more like MW2 and Blops1 had a child and the baby is Blops2. There are similarities from both and that isn't a bad thing.
    Finally, sniping is back with a vengeance mainly due to quick scope. The down falls being that Ghost is a max level unlock and you have to be moving for it to hide you from UAV. The game is strongly based on anti camping so as long as you don't live for holding up in one spot all map you'll get over it.

All in all you should drop back through the last few pages of this thread and read some of the posts to get a feel on what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    The game play IMO is incredible, but they just removed a map that people PAID for.. way to work up a bad reputation. The other maps are pretty sweet and fun to play. About sniping, I don't do it personally but in every game there's 1000001 snipers so it cant really be that bad.

Well I just had my first game against a hacker in ground war.... ruined my 39-4 score.. ended with 49-16.. aimbot and shotting through walls and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Well I just had my first game against a hacker in ground war.... ruined my 39-4 score.. ended with 49-16.. aimbot and shotting through walls and shit.
    The sooner they become public, the sooner Treyarch will put hammers to them. Still, nice score but I expected nothing less from ya.

PS - Add me on steam so we can recreate those baller teams from BF3.

OH WHAT?
    They got rid of Nuketown 2025 being perma-played?
    FUUUU TREYARCH.

It's the only good map.
    God damn, when I logged on this morning, I thought it might be down for an hour to two, but permanently, god that's stupid as hell.

I was coming on to say this is the first CoD game I've enjoyed properly, since CoD5. But now, nope, rage time.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

The more I watch kill cam the more I start to think that bullet is colliding with the bounding box of players which is very very primitive method for such game but this is what I get from kill cam. What I mean is the bullet is colliding with a minimal surrounding box of player model. I don't want to believe it but some kill cams are fucking joke...

I thought Black OPS 2 was a much much better than Bops in all aspects. Maybe if Bops 2 had moderated servers it could have been better, but I've heard that Treyarch are clamping down on the hackers. The campaign was really really good. Well the best times during the campaign were when you were actually in missions in 2025. The weapons were really cool and I liked the how they implemented hand grenades. Another cool think I liked about the futuristic setting was it wasn't out of the world unrealistic. I mean I don't really see Halo type weapons coming to fruition by 2025 or any time this generation. The weapons stayed as close to realism as they could and I see a lot of people complaining that it was underwhelming for a game set in the future. Well hellloo there...the game is set like 13 years from today. I hardly see technology making leaps and bounds in terms of progress. Overall it stayed true to the FPS genre and moved from the MW overall feel that I loved the most about the game.

I've come to find the Modern Warfare series to be too much about Navy Seals in black tight suits equipped with silencers and their stealth missions. Black Ops 2 is simply no holds barred and its pretty much barging through the front door and letting all hell break lose.

Quite frankly Bops 2 is a breath of fresh air in the series and the antagonist is very different from the stereotypical villains that have come to be accustomed with COD and their political views and ideologies. It was nice to see a villain actually have some kind of personal vendetta rather than trying to take over the world for once.

holy shit, this Nuketown BS is retarded. Why the fuck would they get rid of it? I would have played it so much more if I had known it was going away. They made it sound like it was a super special permanent perk for reordering.
    FUCK YOU ACTIVISION.
    I hope someone high up at Blizzard plays and is pissed enough to go next door and kick Bobby Kotick square in the nuts.

Honestly, there isn't much that shocks me in the video game world in terms of publishers doing money grabs. However, even though I couldn't give a single shit about this map, this simply astounds me to no end.

Advertise a map as the main deluxe/hardened/whatever edition feature, then completely remove it a couple days after launch. Wow. They don't lose ANYTHING by keeping it in the game. The people that dropped 20 bucks just for one map already paid the fucking money.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - JBL S300A - FiiO E10 - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Nuketown 24/7 is now coming back as a regular playlist. WOOHOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Olli View Post
    Nuketown 24/7 is now coming back as a regular playlist. WOOHOO!
    No it isn't.

https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/...78379920343040

It's just getting thrown into a playlist that will mess up matchmaking when half have it and half don't.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - JBL S300A - FiiO E10 - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Atleast it's back! YES! But I really hate that boat level /sigh
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    No it isn't.

https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/...78379920343040

It's just getting thrown into a playlist that will mess up matchmaking when half have it and half don't.
    Everyone who buys it between now and like a month from now will have the new Nuketown map. Its included with theFirst Edition of the game. I got Black Ops 2 like 2 days after release and I got it. Go into any walmart, target, best buy or whatever and pick the game up and flip it over.

Still kind of pissed they took the Nuketown 24/7 playlist out, I barely played it this weekend due to working and now fuck me I can't play it, I swear they said it was supposed to stay around. I mean why the fuck would they say 24/7 when it wasn't out for even 7 days lol.
    Intel I5-2500k @4.8Ghz| Noctua NH-U9B | Asus P67 Deluxe | 16GB G.SKILL Ares 2133Mhz
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB/1TB | 512GB MX100 | 1TB WD Black x2 | 2TB WD Black |3TB WD Green NAS x2
    Sapphire R9-290x | SeasonicX 650 | NXZT H440 | Asus PB278Q | Razor Naga Molten Edition | CM Quick Fire Rapid TK
    Asus Xonar Essense STX | Presonus E5 x2 | Takstar HiFi 2050's

As much as I dislike the fact that they took away a map they advertised I would just like to point out that Hijack is almost identical to the layout of Nuketown. So, relax, keep complaining on the sites and locations that matter (David V's twitter, treyarch forums), and play Hijacked for your Nuketown itch.

PS - most times Hijacked is picked twice in the rotation by players. Just vote for Previous map during round break.