Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the best thing in my opinion is the sound effects. Everytime I call up a Warthog I just sit back and watch and listen to it.

Deleted
    Knifing seems to be really popular atm. Here are a couple of tips for those trying to get into it:

Black Ops 2 Weapons

I have been playing some Black Ops 2 multiplayer, and for just general combat i go with an assault rifle. Yet, i tend to die often when using it and i ALWAYS see people using SMG's for all around combat. Am i missing something? Cause i always thought assault rifles were best for all around combat.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Thoroughly disappointed in this game.

By far one of the worst ever CoD's to date.

-No dedicated Servers.
    -Every Map just constant small corridors and Sprayfest.
    -SMG's overpowered to hell.
    -Sniper Rifles killing from no scope with ease.
    -The running to aiming system feels clunky as hell, takes ages to pull some guns up to aim even with perks and attachments to reduce ADS
    -SMGs just hipfire so ADS any other type of gun is instant death.
    -Watching Kill cams the hit boxes and "lag tolerance" is nowhere near right.
    -Hit registration seems to be near completely random sometimes (guy hiding behind box, can only see his head, get 5 hitmarkers and no death?)

This entire game is just one giant disappointment, But it is my own fault for buying it after how shitty both WaW and BO1 were.

I guess Treyarch just can't make a proper fucking FPS. They need to just use the same coding as Modern Warfare since at least it runs well. even after all these years.

2/10 would not recommend any of my friends buy it. Ever. Even if it was on sale for $10.
    I can't describe how much I agree with this statement, and these facts. The maps suck, I can not use any words to express just how much that they suck. Whenever I use anything else than a SMG I get sprayed by someone camping in a corner, or a drop shop, just they fire faster. The hit boxes are just terribad.

I wouldn't have bought this game at a yard sale for 5$ because I hate it so much, hell it's just BO 1.5. It's so repetitive I don't even know why they keep trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the most fun in a Call of Duty game I've had since MW2 [post patch].

That's all I will say about it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 01:08 AM ----------

20 bucks says the people complaining are ones that aren't any good and rage quit from matches as soon as they die.

@Shekita, so the only people who don't like a game you like are people who suck?. Came here to see reasons to buy it, put the people saying not to buy it, gave far better arguments, meh seems a bit like another generic fps. Hoped it would be fairly off the wall.

If you're looking for innovation or something new, CoD is probably not the series for you.

If you like the previous ones, and you're fine with paying for more of the same. Buy it. (before you jump me, I've bought every CoD since it's existance).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Shekita View Post
    It's the most fun in a Call of Duty game I've had since MW2 [post patch].

That's all I will say about it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 01:08 AM ----------

20 bucks says the people complaining are ones that aren't any good and rage quit from matches as soon as they die.
    I can assure you, that using a "They only complain because they are Bad" argument tends to be useless when I can infact play.

Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I can assure you, that using a "They only complain because they are Bad" argument tends to be useless when I can infact play.

Being "good" in mw2 was a joke predator (5) to harrier (7) to chopper (11) rape face. And go 80+ kills. Black ops 2 has some of the best maps that suit all guns, multiple routes for flanking. Great item system and prestige this game. Zombies are great. Only people who don't like it usually are people who have always hated COD or IF fan boys. I wasn't even planning on getting blops 2 but I decided and it was a pretty good purchase I liked the campaign while it was kind of short though. But this is my opinion my point though, being "good" in mw2 not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewarior View Post
    Being "good" in mw2 was a joke predator (5) to harrier (7) to chopper (11) rape face. And go 80+ kills. Black ops 2 has some of the best maps that suit all guns, multiple routes for flanking. Great item system and prestige this game. Zombies are great. Only people who don't like it usually are people who have always hated COD or IF fan boys. I wasn't even planning on getting blops 2 but I decided and it was a pretty good purchase I liked the campaign while it was kind of short though. But this is my opinion my point though, being "good" in mw2 not hard.
    I'm not a CoD hater or an IW fanboy.

Why does anyone saying shit is bad in a game when it ACTUALLY is automatically make them a Hater of everything about the game or a fanboi to some other party.

Hell even today they fucked the game even more with a Patch they did, which is lagging out nearly everyone on all servers, Matchmaking people from vastly distant countries and fucking FPS rates.

There is no fanboyism or "CoD"-hating. This game just literally is a piece of steaming shit compared to every other CoD.

It does not have the "best" maps, It has by far some of the worst it does not suit all guns, it suits SMG's and knives mostly, and the fact they still can't figure out how to do normal respawn points, 50% of all my Deaths are people that spawn about 15yrds behind me and just shoot me since I have my back to them. The Item System isn't "great" it is just a hybrid mash together of Battlefield and MW.

I've also got Screenshots of playing on Barebones servers with 60+ kills, where you can't do the "LOLRAPE" things you say make the game "easy"
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    just got the game, really liking it so far compared to previous CoD games. but on 2 maps, slums and the train one my game keeps making this weird noise, its like a clicking sound is the best i can describe it, every 15-20 seconds, its quite loud and i have no idea what it is. my friend cant hear it, and i have everyone in game muted so its not coming from anyones mic. it just does it on 2maps, its quite irritating. xbox version by the way, anyone else know what this is?

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 07:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    If you're looking for innovation or something new, CoD is probably not the series for you.

If you like the previous ones, and you're fine with paying for more of the same. Buy it. (before you jump me, I've bought every CoD since it's existance).

i always say to myself im not going to buy the nexy CoD becuase i know it will just be the same as the last, but i always end up buying them i was hooked on the series since i played call of duty 2, best one ever!

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 07:35 PM ----------

my only real complaints are the the same for all CoD games, they cant seem to do spawn points properly, i have been spawn killed 4 times in a row in a match earlier, people camping all game makes it really boring and people who have their mics on to scream at everyone who kills them.

Deleted
    Looking for xbox 360 players right now!
    So me and my friend are tired of playing with incompetent players on our team we are looking for some people who are relatively skilled and are up for doing callouts in party (saying where people are etc.) we are mainly playing hardpoint / kill confirmed so if your interested in playing with two skilled and objective players add my gamertag : ReactiveGaming Please dont be mic. shy or anything like that we are all depending on each other

Deleted
    Some tips for the zombie players ..

Deleted
    Anyone wanna do some zombies on PC add "frejhalle" on steam

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    @Shekita, so the only people who don't like a game you like are people who suck?. Came here to see reasons to buy it, put the people saying not to buy it, gave far better arguments, meh seems a bit like another generic fps. Hoped it would be fairly off the wall.
    I'm shocked you expected any COD to be 'off the wall'. They have a formula that makes them tons of money each year, they aren't going to change it too drastically.

Anyway, it is the best COD since MW2. And yes, I kind of agree with Shekita. Of my friend group, the ones that hate it are the ones that go like 1-17 on a map. As they get used to the new weapons and maps and do better, they start liking the game a lot more.

Only thing that is bugging me right now is the camo challenges for the S12 require one shot kills. Which means I have to get CLOSE to people, since I spray with that thing like a FAL.

Also, select fire on a FAL is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Came here to see reasons to buy it, put the people saying not to buy it, gave far better arguments, meh seems a bit like another generic fps. Hoped it would be fairly off the wall.
    Just so I get this right, you're saying that the numerous posts of "this game sucks" and a short list of opinions about things some people don't like are better arguments than my in depth paragraphs on why it is a decent game? Seems to me like you're another generic complainer just here to ride the hate wagon.

It's COD. Every single edition after 4 has been relatively similar to the last. If you don't know this by now or at least expect it then you're the one making it out to be something it's not. Regardless, don't buy it based on the complaints here since they are better arguments according to you.

Furthermore, I have friends that haven't played COD since MW2 and they love this game. It's all opinion based. And yes, I think a lot of players (not all) who are complaining are in the column of "getting stomped so they cry." Why wouldn't that column exist?

Deleted
    If you are unsure what SMG works really well, I suggest the MSMC.

Deleted
    so does this game win the "worst spawn points" award?

i dont hate the game, playing it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Olli View Post
    If you are unsure what SMG works really well, I suggest the MSMC.
    Olli, first of all I like your videos, this isn't the first I've watched. Second, I disagree with a few of your choices this time around which is odd because I usually try out your styles and like it.

Regardless of the SMG we choose I think it's all based on your play style which I can agree with you on. MSMC is good for you but I feel the Vector and Evo scale ahead in my hands.
    What I disagree with you about is your perk choices. They do not reflect your style of play in the video. Toughness is nowhere near as powerful as Scavenger especially if you're firing from the hip. Using toughness is for ADS builds because that little flinch could cost you the kill. With Hip fire builds (laser site) you could be more deadly running scavenger since it resupplies those beast stun sticks and lethals. The same can be said for Dexterity. Dexterity gives you faster ADS from a sprint and this is a wasted perk if you use hip fire as firing position from sprint (or the majority of the time). Engineer or even Extreme conditioning is better; longer sprint or seeing enemy stuff through walls is superior in my opinion.

And two other things, engineer is fucking bonkers with Black Hat and Scavenger. You steal or destroy everything and it nets you massive extra kills and scavenger just replaces the used black hat. It's really broken actually. Ghost is another personal choice over hardline. I used hardline since like ever in every cod I've played but in this game the point streaks feel weaker and ghost ends up making me far more powerful with a run and gun silenced smg build.

Just a few thoughts for you to mull over.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

Spawns seem fine to me on PC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

I don't know if the spawning algorithm is just bad or whether the map size limits the spawns, but they're pretty awful, Modern Warfare 3 still had the worst spawns however. Honestly, if Treyarch just released some old-style Blops / MW2 maps in the separate playlist, or hell, just released the Black Ops 1 maplist in a separate playlist, most of my concerns would be addressed, but I don't expect it to happen.