Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    The Patient Olli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    208
    Some tips for the zombie players ..


  2. #222
    Anyone wanna do some zombies on PC add "frejhalle" on steam

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    @Shekita, so the only people who don't like a game you like are people who suck?. Came here to see reasons to buy it, put the people saying not to buy it, gave far better arguments, meh seems a bit like another generic fps. Hoped it would be fairly off the wall.
    I'm shocked you expected any COD to be 'off the wall'. They have a formula that makes them tons of money each year, they aren't going to change it too drastically.

    Anyway, it is the best COD since MW2. And yes, I kind of agree with Shekita. Of my friend group, the ones that hate it are the ones that go like 1-17 on a map. As they get used to the new weapons and maps and do better, they start liking the game a lot more.

    Only thing that is bugging me right now is the camo challenges for the S12 require one shot kills. Which means I have to get CLOSE to people, since I spray with that thing like a FAL.

    Also, select fire on a FAL is stupid.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Came here to see reasons to buy it, put the people saying not to buy it, gave far better arguments, meh seems a bit like another generic fps. Hoped it would be fairly off the wall.
    Just so I get this right, you're saying that the numerous posts of "this game sucks" and a short list of opinions about things some people don't like are better arguments than my in depth paragraphs on why it is a decent game? Seems to me like you're another generic complainer just here to ride the hate wagon.

    It's COD. Every single edition after 4 has been relatively similar to the last. If you don't know this by now or at least expect it then you're the one making it out to be something it's not. Regardless, don't buy it based on the complaints here since they are better arguments according to you.

    Furthermore, I have friends that haven't played COD since MW2 and they love this game. It's all opinion based. And yes, I think a lot of players (not all) who are complaining are in the column of "getting stomped so they cry." Why wouldn't that column exist?



  5. #225
    The Patient Olli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    208
    If you are unsure what SMG works really well, I suggest the MSMC.


  6. #226
    so does this game win the "worst spawn points" award?

    i dont hate the game, playing it right now.
    Too cool for a signature

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Olli View Post
    If you are unsure what SMG works really well, I suggest the MSMC.
    Olli, first of all I like your videos, this isn't the first I've watched. Second, I disagree with a few of your choices this time around which is odd because I usually try out your styles and like it.

    Regardless of the SMG we choose I think it's all based on your play style which I can agree with you on. MSMC is good for you but I feel the Vector and Evo scale ahead in my hands.
    What I disagree with you about is your perk choices. They do not reflect your style of play in the video. Toughness is nowhere near as powerful as Scavenger especially if you're firing from the hip. Using toughness is for ADS builds because that little flinch could cost you the kill. With Hip fire builds (laser site) you could be more deadly running scavenger since it resupplies those beast stun sticks and lethals. The same can be said for Dexterity. Dexterity gives you faster ADS from a sprint and this is a wasted perk if you use hip fire as firing position from sprint (or the majority of the time). Engineer or even Extreme conditioning is better; longer sprint or seeing enemy stuff through walls is superior in my opinion.

    And two other things, engineer is fucking bonkers with Black Hat and Scavenger. You steal or destroy everything and it nets you massive extra kills and scavenger just replaces the used black hat. It's really broken actually. Ghost is another personal choice over hardline. I used hardline since like ever in every cod I've played but in this game the point streaks feel weaker and ghost ends up making me far more powerful with a run and gun silenced smg build.

    Just a few thoughts for you to mull over.

    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so does this game win the "worst spawn points" award?

    i dont hate the game, playing it right now.
    Spawns seem fine to me on PC.



  8. #228
    The Lightbringer Istaril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland. Freedom and So on.
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so does this game win the "worst spawn points" award?

    i dont hate the game, playing it right now.
    I don't know if the spawning algorithm is just bad or whether the map size limits the spawns, but they're pretty awful, Modern Warfare 3 still had the worst spawns however. Honestly, if Treyarch just released some old-style Blops / MW2 maps in the separate playlist, or hell, just released the Black Ops 1 maplist in a separate playlist, most of my concerns would be addressed, but I don't expect it to happen.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    I don't know if the spawning algorithm is just bad or whether the map size limits the spawns, but they're pretty awful, Modern Warfare 3 still had the worst spawns however. Honestly, if Treyarch just released some old-style Blops / MW2 maps in the separate playlist, or hell, just released the Black Ops 1 maplist in a separate playlist, most of my concerns would be addressed, but I don't expect it to happen.

    about the playlists, i wish they would add more game types to hardcore :< getting bored of FFA and CTF.
    and the guy above said spawning seems fine on pc, maybe its console only, but they are definitely not fine.

    also, whats peoples view on engineer/black hat? i personally use it and i say its really overpowered, can destroy sentries, guardians, UAV, attack helicopters easy with no trouble. and convert all other equipment. the blackhat/engineer basically make mines / blaymores / shockcharges completely useless. in the last few days theres seems to be a massive flux of people using it. barely saw anyone with it the last few week or so, then suddenly everyone is using. made me switch back to semtex :<

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 09:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post


    And two other things, engineer is fucking bonkers with Black Hat and Scavenger. You steal or destroy everything and it nets you massive extra kills and scavenger just replaces the used black hat. It's really broken actually. Ghost is another personal choice over hardline. I used hardline since like ever in every cod I've played but in this game the point streaks feel weaker and ghost ends up making me far more powerful with a run and gun silenced smg build.

    Just a few thoughts for you to mull over.



    yea this is what im talking about, something will probably get changed soon, buts its a really powerful combo using scavenger/engineer/blackhat, ive got quite a few kills from hacking someones mine while they are standing next to it. especially since the range on it is very far and it can be done through any surface.
    Too cool for a signature

  10. #230
    The Lightbringer Istaril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland. Freedom and So on.
    Posts
    3,238
    also, whats peoples view on engineer/black hat? i personally use it and i say its really overpowered, can destroy sentries, guardians, UAV, attack helicopters easy with no trouble. and convert all other equipment. the blackhat/engineer basically make mines / blaymores / shockcharges completely useless. in the last few days theres seems to be a massive flux of people using it. barely saw anyone with it the last few week or so, then suddenly everyone is using. made me switch back to semtex :<
    I'm hugely thankful. It makes my life in Search and Destroy so much easier, people camping with Claymores in MW2 was my biggest gripe, as I very rarely ran Sit-Rep. It's sorta overpowered I'll admit, but then again, most the Scorestreaks are OP and it helps deal with equipment spam everywhere, so I believe it's pretty balanced in the end. Could just be bias talking however, I love killing people with their own betties.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    I'm hugely thankful. It makes my life in Search and Destroy so much easier, people camping with Claymores in MW2 was my biggest gripe, as I very rarely ran Sit-Rep. It's sorta overpowered I'll admit, but then again, most the Scorestreaks are OP and it helps deal with equipment spam everywhere, so I believe it's pretty balanced in the end. Could just be bias talking however, I love killing people with their own betties.

    i think the most overpowered thing about it is how easy you can take out a guardian or attack helicopter, its like 900 points or what ever for the guardian, and you can destroy it in 2sec without even being able to see it. i dont even use guardian, but i always feel bad for the guy when i destroy his. and yes, it is strangely satisfying when you hack a betty and then get a kill with it.
    Too cool for a signature

  12. #232
    Im glad the BH/Eng/Scav build is finally getting some light, I only mentioned it like 4 pages ago!

    Anyways, I think it's picking up popularity because I'm having people steal my stolen equipment. I find it awesome to run up to a wall and steal two mines, get 2 kills, run in and scavenge the dead and have the black hats refilled. That seems slightly broken. I don't think BH or Engineer combo is broke though, it only becomes complete bullshit after you add in scavenger. Being able to take out air support is the cost of losing your tactical slot but again, it would be balanced if scavenger didn't refill it.

    In all honesty, scavenger should not replenish lethal and tactical. You can lay a literal minefield if you spam mines as you loot them. I use scavenger on my ballistic knife build to a) refill knives shot, b) lay mines every where I go, and c) refill BHH. It's far, far to powerful.



  13. #233
    The Patient Olli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Olli, first of all I like your videos, this isn't the first I've watched. Second, I disagree with a few of your choices this time around which is odd because I usually try out your styles and like it.

    Regardless of the SMG we choose I think it's all based on your play style which I can agree with you on. MSMC is good for you but I feel the Vector and Evo scale ahead in my hands.
    What I disagree with you about is your perk choices. They do not reflect your style of play in the video. Toughness is nowhere near as powerful as Scavenger especially if you're firing from the hip. Using toughness is for ADS builds because that little flinch could cost you the kill. With Hip fire builds (laser site) you could be more deadly running scavenger since it resupplies those beast stun sticks and lethals. The same can be said for Dexterity. Dexterity gives you faster ADS from a sprint and this is a wasted perk if you use hip fire as firing position from sprint (or the majority of the time). Engineer or even Extreme conditioning is better; longer sprint or seeing enemy stuff through walls is superior in my opinion.

    And two other things, engineer is fucking bonkers with Black Hat and Scavenger. You steal or destroy everything and it nets you massive extra kills and scavenger just replaces the used black hat. It's really broken actually. Ghost is another personal choice over hardline. I used hardline since like ever in every cod I've played but in this game the point streaks feel weaker and ghost ends up making me far more powerful with a run and gun silenced smg build.

    Just a few thoughts for you to mull over.




    Spawns seem fine to me on PC.
    Thanks for this. I admit I didn't look into this class a whole lot. It definitely felt rushed and I apologize for that. Wednesday I'm bringing out the ballista video and I promise that this one will be top-notch. I just wanted to push this video out today and it did not work out. I'll level up, unlock all the perks and look into that 'engineer' class, that sounds really fun.

    I will get back to you mate, thanks again for your comment.

  14. #234
    Posting here because i failed to read a sticky and made myself look silly

  15. #235
    Have any of you tried using Select Fire on the An-94? It's awesome!

  16. #236
    Warchief Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,057
    ^Happened to me before, made me go O.O

    I think I killed someone by hitting them with a sensor grenade once, but I may have been wrong and it was my random tomahawk.

    I like how currently there isn't 10/18 in every Ground War using nubetubes.
    But that's probably because they aren't high enough level yet.

    I wish Treyarch would get rid of Quick-Scoping, it's my bane, seriously. So freaking annoying when people are good with it.

    I actually hate the '10' thing with a passion, isn't enough things to use.

    I'm also insanely terrible with the Crossbow in BLOPS2, but I was amazing with it in BLOPS. MAKES NO SENSE

    ALSO I HATE THE HITBOX, IT'S STUPIDLY SCREWED.
    ALSO. SPAWNS ON PS3 ARE DUMB.
    The amount of times I've spawned in and instantly been killed because I spawn right next to a group of enemies.

    And that damn little moving robot, blah!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I like how currently there isn't 10/18 in every Ground War using nubetubes.
    They've moved to using SMG's because it requires less skill :P

  18. #238
    So anyone know why they keep resetting the global leaderboards? It seems like they have reset them every week so far, and yes I have verified I'm on all time (I also checked monthly and weekly) and they all show the same thing, just stuff from the previous Monday Morning and on. They did it last week too.

    (This is on 360, btw. I'm curious if the PS3/PC leaderboards have been reset at all?

  19. #239
    hi guys, sorry for my noobery, but i thought itd be better to ask here than to start a new thread.

    I dont play consoles much anymore, but my bro is getting a ps3 for his bday, and i wanna get him the latest cod, i just want to make sure this is it. So many titles in that franchise, wasnt quite sure which it is. Last FPS i played was counter strike lol.

    thanks in advance.
    "I think our star, the Sun, is highly over rated. At least the moon shines at night, when it's dark. The sun only shines during the day, when it is bright outside anyway."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidde Ottens View Post
    Only intellectuals will post in this thread because they understand equations, and equations are a essential part of math, so I don't care if no one posts actually the better just makes this thread even more important. More is not better better is better.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Thoroughly disappointed in this game.

    By far one of the worst ever CoD's to date.

    -No dedicated Servers.
    -Every Map just constant small corridors and Sprayfest.
    -SMG's overpowered to hell.
    -Sniper Rifles killing from no scope with ease.
    -The running to aiming system feels clunky as hell, takes ages to pull some guns up to aim even with perks and attachments to reduce ADS
    -SMGs just hipfire so ADS any other type of gun is instant death.
    -Watching Kill cams the hit boxes and "lag tolerance" is nowhere near right.
    -Hit registration seems to be near completely random sometimes (guy hiding behind box, can only see his head, get 5 hitmarkers and no death?)

    This entire game is just one giant disappointment, But it is my own fault for buying it after how shitty both WaW and BO1 were.

    I guess Treyarch just can't make a proper fucking FPS. They need to just use the same coding as Modern Warfare since at least it runs well. even after all these years.

    2/10 would not recommend any of my friends buy it. Ever. Even if it was on sale for $10.
    Don't know where you were for the past year, but MW3 is far and away the worst COD/MW title ever released. With the fewest features, least amount of content and WORST MP gameplay ever devised.

    BO2 is the first COD/MW since COD4 to run good for me. I'd say 90% of my matches are pretty smooth with very little in the way of "BS deaths".

    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    To people who have the game, I have been looking for a new shooter to play, last one I played was Mass Effect 3, and haven't really played a competitive online one i a good while (haven't played battlefield 3, last cod game was MW2, or any indie shooter), so I would like a good competitive shooter to play.

    So I was wondering if this is any good (or different from MW2) or if I should go with Halo 4, Counterstrike, or heck even Battlefield 3.
    Battlefield 3 is, beyond any shadow of a doubt, the better shooter. It takes much more skill and forethought to do well in BF3 and the vehicles are amazingly fun to use when you get good at them (and level them up).

    Quote Originally Posted by SavageKitty View Post
    I can't describe how much I agree with this statement, and these facts. The maps suck, I can not use any words to express just how much that they suck. Whenever I use anything else than a SMG I get sprayed by someone camping in a corner, or a drop shop, just they fire faster. The hit boxes are just terribad.

    I wouldn't have bought this game at a yard sale for 5$ because I hate it so much, hell it's just BO 1.5. It's so repetitive I don't even know why they keep trying.
    Sounds to me like you're just bad at it and trying to justify it by blaming the game. Is it perfect? Hell no, far from it. But if you're using an AR and getting wrecked by SMG users then here's an idea...


    ... switch to an SMG class.

    GASP!

    I know, right? It's such a mind blowing secret, but try to contain your shock and give it a go, I promise it'll make your life much easier.

    As for repetitive. I find this funny, seeing as we're posting on a sight dedicated to the most repetitive game to ever hit the market. What's more, we're posting in a thread about a game in a series that's changed even less than the aforementioned game.

    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    There is no fanboyism or "CoD"-hating. This game just literally is a piece of steaming shit compared to every other CoD.
    So I was right, you obviously never played MW3.

    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post

    Also, select fire on a FAL is stupid.
    Stupid as in OP or stupid, period? I use it on my FAL classes because it's easier but I can fire it faster manually if I'm in the mood to do so and sometimes I don't even turn on full auto.

    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so does this game win the "worst spawn points" award?

    i dont hate the game, playing it right now.
    Not in my experience but I play dedicated Domination (6v6) and they only get bad when some idiot decides my team needs all 3 flags from the start.

    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    hi guys, sorry for my noobery, but i thought itd be better to ask here than to start a new thread.

    I dont play consoles much anymore, but my bro is getting a ps3 for his bday, and i wanna get him the latest cod, i just want to make sure this is it. So many titles in that franchise, wasnt quite sure which it is. Last FPS i played was counter strike lol.

    thanks in advance.
    Yes, this is the newest COD to date (released earlier this month).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •