Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosEater View Post
    Multiplayer dosn't seem like a big improvement from MW3. The size of the maps makes it very hard to get much use out of anything other than an smg/shotgun (think mw3 cqb syndrome). I like the original BO and MW2 because the varying maps allowed for frequent use of pretty much every weapon type, whereas now the tight hallways and sharp turns favor the smg and shotgun. Even worse is that in some of my matches, lag compensation was rearing its ugly head.
    I only use SMG anyway so for me it's possitive and therefor I've won like 40 straight matches in hardcore FFA. atm I run with 5 perks, no nades, no secondary weapon and I lvl up each subgun fast with lazer sight and fast ammo. I don't want to tell my perk combo as it makes you a god

  2. #162
    this is probably the worst Multiplayer game ever created. THIS IS CALL OF HIPFIRE!!!!

  3. #163
    Will be an instant hit and stay for many years. It's definitely about time they caught up with the Battlefield series in terms of vehicles.

    Sadly I have to wait until christmas to play it when the kids open theirs.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 03:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashi View Post
    this is probably the worst Multiplayer game ever created. THIS IS CALL OF HIPFIRE!!!!
    I'd hate to see what you think is a good mp game
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashi View Post
    this is probably the worst Multiplayer game ever created. THIS IS CALL OF HIPFIRE!!!!
    One of the most competitive, still played and raved about MP FPS of all times is hip fire only - Counterstrike.

    Albeit Counterstrike weapons require you to control your recoil and movement while firing.

    Blackops 2 is like Call of Hipfire: SMG Ops 2.

    32 and 3 last night with Vector, laser site and perk stacking. Never once used ADS even though I'm an avid user of aiming. It was actually funny to me how much easier it was to kill people with just playing it like CS.



  5. #165
    I've grown found of bunkering down with an LMG /w Target Finder and I do well *shrug*, although this is usually on Domination.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  6. #166
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, not sure yet, but ill get back to you.
    Posts
    391
    ofc the servers are still tripping balls for me...

  7. #167
    I'd also like to say that I really can't agree with people who dislike the campaign. I went into this expecting it to be bad and am fully surprised at how decent it is.

    You can completely adjust a loadout before the launching of missions which is awesome.

    I read somewhere (maybe in this thread) that this game lacks that wow factor of edgy content like MW2 and Blops had and I disagree. Within the first 2 stages there are massacres and executions right in front of you. I guess a desensitized group like us doesn't think that's edgy enough anymore. We need like children being eaten by wolves while we stab hookers we're fucking and even then we would yawn.



  8. #168
    Fluffy Kitten Forsedar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,221
    For me, I just can't get past the poor graphics on consoles. It is getting to the point of hurting my eyes. Things are extremely blocky at a distance. I feel like I'm sniping people in minecraft...

    Its a major difference compared to Halo 4. I was impressed with the evolution of Halo 4 compared to other games... Black Ops 2 was obviously rushed and didn't even get a graphical update. I feel as if Black Ops 1 is still more impressive graphically wise (and gameplay).

  9. #169


    Clearly shows how fucked up this game is these days. your gun is pointing atleast 2 meters of and you still get the kill.
    Consoles ruined the good PC games where accuracy ment something.

  10. #170
    Immortal Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Post-Apocalyptic America
    Posts
    7,202
    Did that guy really just hip fire someone across the map......? :/

  11. #171
    I don't see any problems in that video. Those ranges called close or mid range at best. Did you noticed he's not getting any long range medal well because its not long range or across the map or smt like that. There is no way SMG beats assault or light machine in long range unless AR or LM wielder so bad at aiming.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I don't see any problems in that video. Those ranges called close or mid range at best. Did you noticed he's not getting any long range medal well because its not long range or across the map or smt like that. There is no way SMG beats assault or light machine in long range unless AR or LM wielder so bad at aiming.
    Correct. If you're past mid range the odds of beating an LMG or AR are bad especially if they are at least partially capable of ADSing. Hipfire long range works though for SMGs because I pulled it off last night. It takes an above average amount of rounds to actually land and honestly if you just ADS you could get a better ttk from long range but it works in a pinch.

    I was going to post my 38 and 4 video of me using Vector (laser/long barrel) hip fire the entire time but it's so damn cheesy. I might just toss it up to prove how unbalanced it really is.

    One last thing and I think I might regret telling people this but it's too good to harbor all on my own -

    Scavenger refills lethal and tactical slots........
    That means mines refill.
    That means Black Hat Hackers refill.
    That means stun sticks refill.

    Black Hat Hacker, Scavenger and Engineer = Most fun I have ever had in COD. I just imagine people's faces IRL when their own mines blow them the fuck up. I'm quite sure I have made someone poop themselves already.



  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I don't see any problems in that video. Those ranges called close or mid range at best. Did you noticed he's not getting any long range medal well because its not long range or across the map or smt like that. There is no way SMG beats assault or light machine in long range unless AR or LM wielder so bad at aiming.
    Don't lie. I put the Primary Gunfighter wildcard on to equip 3 attachments to my primary weapon. PDW-57 with reflex, Fore grip and a long barrel, I was pretty much sniping people. SMG's do need a massive nerf. I feel im forced to use one because they are good in almost every situation I find myself in. When I feel forced to use a specific kind of weapon, the game design is wrong.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Don't lie. I put the Primary Gunfighter wildcard on to equip 3 attachments to my primary weapon. PDW-57 with reflex, Fore grip and a long barrel, I was pretty much sniping people. SMG's do need a massive nerf. I feel im forced to use one because they are good in almost every situation I find myself in. When I feel forced to use a specific kind of weapon, the game design is wrong.
    While I agree that SMGs are too powerful and need a nerf you are not forced to use them. I do completely fine with the FAL, KSG, SMR, 5-7 or hell, even knifing. SMGs are a crutch and that's that. If you feel you need to use one to compete then perhaps you do but it is not necessary to win.

    To be clear: They are too powerful to the point that they make bad/average players decent enough to kill someone better than them and they are also too powerful that they become just murderous machines in the hands of a veteran player abusing the ease and power of it.



  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    While I agree that SMGs are too powerful and need a nerf you are not forced to use them. I do completely fine with the FAL, KSG, SMR, 5-7 or hell, even knifing. SMGs are a crutch and that's that. If you feel you need to use one to compete then perhaps you do but it is not necessary to win.

    To be clear: They are too powerful to the point that they make bad/average players decent enough to kill someone better than them and they are also too powerful that they become just murderous machines in the hands of a veteran player abusing the ease and power of it.
    All assault rifles suck in CQB. I tried getting use to the MTAR but everytime I would get a small killstreak going, someone would pop in my face with an SMG and I was pretty much powerless at that point. Why use an assault rifle when SMGs are just as good in range, dmg can be the same but you move faster and ADS faster? Assault rifles make absolutely no sense, and this isn't helped by the maps been quiet tight either, there's a few with open spaces like turbine but the flanks down the sides are where the heavy traffic is, and guess what. SMG users.

    CoD has never got SMGs right. Remember ak74u in cod4? the UMP45 in Mw2? AK74-u in black ops? (pre-nerf), PP90M1 and Mp7 in Mw3? and now PDW-57 in blops 2.

    Only once do i remember an overpowered assault rifle, and that was the ACR from mw2.
    Last edited by Moosie; 2012-11-19 at 03:08 PM.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    All assault rifles suck in CQB. I tried getting use to the MTAR but everytime I would get a small killstreak going, someone would pop in my face with an SMG and I was pretty much powerless at that point. Why use an assault rifle when SMGs are just as good in range, dmg can be the same but you move faster and ADS faster? Assault rifles make absolutely no sense, and this isn't helped by the maps been quiet tight either, there's a few with open spaces like turbine but the flanks down the sides are where the heavy traffic is, and guess what. SMG users.

    CoD has never got SMGs right. Remember ak74u in cod4? the UMP45 in Mw2? AK74-u in black ops? (pre-nerf), PP90M1 and Mp7 in Mw3? and now PDW-57 in blops 2.

    Only once do i remember an overpowered assault rifle, and that was the ACR from mw2.
    I do remember all those weapons because I died to them a lot. COD has failed at SMGs since ever I agree but that just solidifies my point even further. While they are powerful, you can still use other weapons and do great. In MW1 I used the M16, in W@W I used the AK, in MW2 I used the ACR (lol), in Blops I used the FAMAS, in MW3 I used the ACR and in Blops 2 I'm using a ton of weapons right now.

    Again, I'm not denying the strength of the SMG. It's just broken in both new and vet hands. A lot of the maps have CQC so they can look crazy good. Couple that with the fact that everyone is using them (so it's the number one thing you die to) and you have tons of people jumping in that bandwagon.

    But guess what? That is the cool part about COD that I have always enjoyed - you can try and fight the masses by finding a way to beat them. FAL/SMR in close/med/long range is a 1-2 HTK. KSG is a 1-2 HTK at a stupid long range. Etc etc. On top of that, if the other team is just a bunch of run and gun SMG players, switch up your style. Play cautiously, switch to "camping" type equipment and perks and use a circle camping strategy (rotating between multiple key hot spots, knowing enemy locations with UAV/Fire fights and playing smart not fast). It works, there is a counter to everything in this game and right now SMGs are supr popular because of their ease of TTK so counter it when it becomes overwhelmingly annoying.

    PS - Vector > PDW57 all day urry day.



  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Don't lie. I put the Primary Gunfighter wildcard on to equip 3 attachments to my primary weapon. PDW-57 with reflex, Fore grip and a long barrel, I was pretty much sniping people. SMG's do need a massive nerf. I feel im forced to use one because they are good in almost every situation I find myself in. When I feel forced to use a specific kind of weapon, the game design is wrong.
    Those equipments do not make SMGs as much deadly from range as AR. The problem is maps encourage close combats.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-19 at 03:30 PM.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Spot on. I agree wholeheartedly that the maps are the shining star in this installment. I thoroughly enjoy the nooks and crannies and back routes to avoid choke spots.

    Enjoyed myself the most last night just knifing again. Here is just one map I played and scored 27/5 with all knives.

    The knife builds look like so much fun! I need to try this tonight!

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by bejii View Post
    The knife builds look like so much fun! I need to try this tonight!
    It is super fun especially in Yemen and maps of that sort with lots of routes and nooks to dip into.

    It's becoming increasingly more difficult though because I find a lot of people actually doing it now. Nothing more silly than 3 or 4 people per side just running around never finding each other and then determining the kill off of ping advantage on the swing of the knife.

    It's still super fun though and I have to do it all over again to get gold unlocked on Ballistic Knife... yay...



  20. #180
    Double XP weekend is official over. That means Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 is as well. I know. RIGHT? Don't kill the messenger. Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 will be back for special events. You can always play it with your friends in Custom Games.
    I just don't...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •