Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Megathread] Black Ops II

Let's start with discussing BO2 seeing as it will be released in about 2 weeks!

They just released a new live-action trailer, vid below.

Last edited by mmoc22990371bb; 2012-12-25 at 07:30 PM.

can't wait!!!!

I don't really understand the hype behind Black Ops 2. Wasn't Black Ops one of the most hated CoD games, even by the fans?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I don't really understand the hype behind Black Ops 2. Wasn't Black Ops one of the most hated CoD games, even by the fans?
    Judging by the stories of my friends, the community liked BO more than the MW series!

I'm with a little "hipe", the first month is so good, so many new playersnoobs playing and getting owned.

I don't played the first BO, can we change FOV in game options? i hope so.

Buying it for the Wii U.

Haters going to hate x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    its going to be second on my list to get this year i still gota get AC3 first
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Deleted
    In Uni at the moment, had to move cities for it and I don't have my Xbox, mildly irritated to say at the least, what with Black Ops 2 looking to be pulling the most innovation in the CoD series since CoD 4. That and Assassins Creed 3 coming out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    In Uni at the moment, had to move cities for it and I don't have my Xbox, mildly irritated to say at the least, what with Black Ops 2 looking to be pulling the most innovation in the CoD series since CoD 4. That and Assassins Creed 3 coming out.
    Yeah I'm really looking forward to it!!

This looks like its going to be what BF 2142 was to BF only for COD. This series has been missing a futuristic title and its long overdue, To bad its release timing clashing with that of halo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    This looks like its going to be what BF 2142 was to BF only for COD. This series has been missing a futuristic title and its long overdue, To bad its release timing clashing with that of halo.
    The release times for both games are perfect. Im getting Halo 4 next week, then Black Ops 2 one week after that! 2 awesome as freak games coming out in one week of each other. This winter I won't be running out of games to play for sure. This year was really really good for gamers, lots of great games have come out as there are still more to come out. Its epic.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 08:58 PM ----------

Also 'mainstream' games such as CoD doesn't get much love from the community here at MMO-C. I'd just be prepared for a few flames here and there OP.
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish you could buy zombies and zombies dlc seperate. I'm still satisfied by MW3 multiplayer. Just want zombies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    I wish you could buy zombies and zombies dlc seperate. I'm still satisfied by MW3 multiplayer. Just want zombies.
    Agreed, although I feel like zombies fit better in the Black Ops scene rather than the MW scene.

The 'Pick 10' system looks very interesting to me, and I like that no perks affect your weapons, only your guy, and only attachments affect weapons now. Also how you can have 5 perks or 5 attachments on a gun if you devote the points to them.

I also really like the wide range of colors they are using this time around, it really sets off against something like BF3's sort of washed out look (which I didn't mind tbh, but it was a pain to pick up people at range). Meh I'm getting it because all my friends are (Halo4 as well). Treyarch has confirmed that they have changed the matchmaking to be ping and latency based instead of regional based, I hope that works well.

Also they have a sniper rifle called a ballista. You can never go wrong shooting a ballista at someone.

Deleted
    New Nuketown trailer is out, always loved this map!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Kind of. Treyarch is kind of that step-dad you hate when you first meet him and go on about how much better your real dad is. Then you get to know him and he's actually a pretty cool guy.

The problem with Treyarch was that they were working on World at War before Modern Warfare was released. I don't think either company expected CoD4 to be the -massive- success story that it was. By then however they had already done half the work on the next WW2 entry in the series. This was at a time when gamers were fatigued by the Second World War and craved more modern fighting. This meant that people went into WaW with an already negative opinion. It then spilt over to BO and people were... not expecting much.

Then Modern Warfare 2 came around and was generally regarded as crap. Black Ops appeared with its "more modern-but-not-quite" setting and attempt to change up the formula. It was decently received but people were hoping MW3 would be great. Cue MW3 and when people realised that it was just a copy/paste of MW2 (I mean when the game crashed it actually had 'MW2.exe has stopped working') they preached out great BO1 was.

Treyarch seem to be trying to mix up the formula a lot more now with BO2 which is why people are so excited. That and, *sigh*, zombies.
    Last edited by mmoc8a29730aed; 2012-11-02 at 03:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not hyped at all, I will probably buy it. Just because I do like to play a bit of CoD every now and then.

I like CoD and will buy it sooner or later, but I think the only reason why is because of Zombies.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Kind of. Treyarch is kind of that step-dad you hate when you first meet him and go on about how much better your real dad is. Then you get to know him and he's actually a pretty cool guy.

The problem with Treyarch was that they were working on World at War before Modern Warfare was released. I don't think either company expected CoD4 to be the -massive- success story that it was. By then however they had already done half the work on the next WW2 entry in the series. This was at a time when gamers were fatigued by the Second World War and craved more modern fighting. This meant that people went into WaW with an already negative opinion. It then spilt over to BO and people were... not expecting much.

Then Modern Warfare 2 came around and was generally regarded as crap. Black Ops appeared with its "more modern-but-not-quite" setting and attempt to change up the formula. It was decently received but people were hoping MW3 would be great. Cue MW3 and when people realised that it was just a copy/paste of MW2 (I mean when the game crashed it actually had 'MW2.exe has stopped working') they preached out great BO1 was.

Treyarch seem to be trying to mix up the formula a lot more now with BO2 which is why people are so excited. That and, *sigh*, zombies.
    I'll definitely agree that Treyarch have made some of the more interesting variants on the CoD series. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Added to Megathread sticky!